What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forward Pack power rankings 2019

Someguy

First Grade
Why are eels getting rated so low. Alvaro is one of the best in the game just under-utilised, brown is a machine, manu on the edge. Yes I will admit the rest is mostly garbage but those 3 are pretty decent to build a pack around

_Johnsy

Referee
3. Broncos

Bwahahaha. That pack was comprehensively outplayed by a injury riddled pack not at full strength at a home semi final with a packed house.

A good young pack yes but not in the top 3, unless this is actually a potentially best pack thread. You may want to leave your bias at the front door.

Bazal

Post Whore
Nailed it.

Meh. I reckon we're in a big clump of teams who are middle of the pack, so to speak. Some good players and some weak links.

Brown, Ma'u and others being injured all the time last year gave a false shitness to the pack for a long time. We needed a big body, and Paulo is at least three of them. Alvaro is a very good all-round prop and has bulked up with 5kg or so of muscle, interesting to see how he goes. Mannah is underrated, decent first grader who works his ring off. Ma'u found his form eventually and Lane was a surprise last year and will give us someone who can at least run a line.

We're not near the top four or five, but we're not the worst by any means. That honour goes to the Tigers, surely.

SBD82

Coach
Meh. I reckon we're in a big clump of teams who are middle of the pack, so to speak. Some good players and some weak links.

Brown, Ma'u and others being injured all the time last year gave a false shitness to the pack for a long time. We needed a big body, and Paulo is at least three of them. Alvaro is a very good all-round prop and has bulked up with 5kg or so of muscle, interesting to see how he goes. Mannah is underrated, decent first grader who works his ring off. Ma'u found his form eventually and Lane was a surprise last year and will give us someone who can at least run a line.

We're not near the top four or five, but we're not the worst by any means. That honour goes to the Tigers, surely.
You're not far off the mark I reckon (although I haven't had a decent look at the Tigers' pack so I'm not willing to agree or disagree).

But the reason I quoted is the reason that will be given for why no one is rating Parra much at his stage.

Yes best, along with your best center also leaving Roosters will be lucky to make the 8 this year.

Out best centre left did he? Hmmm. Morovski was no where near our "best" center at all. Manu and Mitchell are streets in front of him and were the first choice starting centres in 2018. You need to lay off the weed mate :p

Vic Mackey

Referee
Out best centre left did he? Hmmm. Morovski was no where near our "best" center at all. Manu and Mitchell are streets in front of him and were the first choice starting centres in 2018. You need to lay off the weed mate :p

Tries in Prelim Finals:

Momirovski- 1
Mitchell - 0

Wins in Prelim Finals:

Momirovski - 1
Mitchell - 0

It’s the Dogs letting Thurston go for Sherwin all over again

yobbo84

First Grade
Souths starting pack is arguably the best in the comp but beyond that we're bog average. I mean our first bench picks are probably Liam Knight and Tevita Tatola FFS.

SBD82

Coach
Souths starting pack is arguably the best in the comp but beyond that we're bog average. I mean our first bench picks are probably Liam Knight and Tevita Tatola FFS.
Could be an adjustment period for them too if Bennett wants to play his usual style.

Pretty interested to see what he will do with the souths pack tbh.

Tries in Prelim Finals:

Momirovski- 1
Mitchell - 0

Wins in Prelim Finals:

Momirovski - 1
Mitchell - 0

It’s the Dogs letting Thurston go for Sherwin all over again

Tries in NRL Grand Finals:

Manu - 1
Mitchell - 1
Momirovski - 0.

NRL Premiership wins:

Manu - 1
Mitchell - 1
Momirovski - 0.

As to the comparison with the situation of Sherwin and Thurston they aren't that good as the ages of Sherwin and Thurston were a lot greater than between these three players. Momirovski is the second oldest out of the three of them.

Mitchell was born on 19 June 1997. Manu was born on 29 June 1996. Momirovski was born on 19 July 1996.

You need to see a different doctor mate as your drugs have warped your mind.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Tries in NRL Grand Finals:

Manu - 1
Mitchell - 1
Momirovski - 0.

NRL Premiership wins:

Manu - 1
Mitchell - 1
Momirovski - 0.

As to the comparison with the situation of Sherwin and Thurston they aren't that good as the ages of Sherwin and Thurston were a lot greater than between these three players. Momirovski is the second oldest out of the three of them.

Mitchell was born on 19 June 1997. Manu was born on 29 June 1996. Momirovski was born on 19 July 1996.

You need to see a different doctor mate as your drugs have warped your mind.

You’re putting way too much effort into an obvious troll mate