What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foul play like George Rose'.....

Kiwi

First Grade
Rose's shot was pretty poor, this is where maybe on report should equal 10 in the bin.....
As I am manly fan , i agree it was pretty poor form....

Then we wouldn't see refs putting foul play on report, they'll just start leaving things to the match review commitee. It'd be no solution.

There is only one solution, tell refs to grow some balls and send people off when it is warrented, don't wanna send people off, find another job, warn teams and players enough is enough, and never let up on obvious foul play. An instant 1 match ban when you are charged plus the charge, so no more getting off with points reductions. And warn the judicary to get it right or be replaced, if the unbiased fans can get it right, surely people paid to get it rght can.

super_coach

First Grade
The Rose call was just one of about seven that went against the Warriors in the first half. Archer and his mate were appalling, I still think the eagles would have won, but they were given a massive leg up in the first half by two incompetent whistle blowers. But we all know what will happen, Harrigan will come out give them the thumbs up.

Meth

Staff member
I was happy with the penalty and Rose being placed on report. Seems consistent

Chook Norris

First Grade
Nothing in it. He wasn't even looking at the warriors player.

just because you dont look at someone..doesnt mean you don't know they're there.. ever heard of peripheral vision?

and ye.. ill just decide to lead with force using my elbow and plunge it into the grass for no particular reason :roll:

laurie

Juniors
looked pretty intentional to me.. he even cringed after lookin at replay on big screen.. send off yes but not in a gf... well done manly..

maccattack

Juniors
Should've gone for ten. I AM SO SO SICK OF THE DIFFERENT RULES THAT APPLY TO DIFFERENT TEAMS, DIFFERENT PLAYERS AND DIFFERENT ROUNDS. f**kING OVER IT.

Agree totally. It was a shit act that deserved 10. When was the last send off? I watched that and thought 'should be gone but wont be'.

Manly were gifted another premiership. That was a send off and Watmoughs PTB was a penalty. Both change the context of the game. Manly may still have won but we will never know. pisses me off a bit actually.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
From memory, if players or teams infringed three time or more, the next player to commit it would be sent to the sin bin? What happened to that idea? Pretty sure it used to be around in 2007.

Butters

Bench
just because you dont look at someone..doesnt mean you don't know they're there.. ever heard of peripheral vision?

and ye.. ill just decide to lead with force using my elbow and plunge it into the grass for no particular reason :roll:

He was falling toward the ground with another manly player going over the top of him. Was he meant to just let himself land face first on the ground?

He was bracing himself. Bunch of skirts in this forum.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Get over it you precious petals, MANLY ARE PREMIERS.........AGAIN!!!!!:lol:

So you're happy to condone players to slam their elbows into another player's face to win?
It isn't something that should be allowed in the game, be it regular season or finals. Deliberate act and intension to injure, certainly shouldn't be allowed. Is it any wonder fans turn away from the game? We can't even explain rules to the non-followers, let alone showing young kids the benefits for playing because the sport allows acts like this to happen.

Looked bad..

Maybe they should introduce a 5 in the bin rule for people that go on report for foul play like this ?

I don't think he will get suspended, its post grand final... The judiciary will be lenient.