What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foul play like George Rose'.....

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I've always said that a sent off player should be allowed to get replaced, and this pretty much strengthens that thought.

I believe if they had the option of sending off without it deciding the game then Rose would've been gone.

Refs should ref the grand final to the same standard as they do the regular season. If it's on report in the season its on report in the final.

Absolute rubbish. Players would happily miss the start of next season if that was the case.

You think anyone gives a shit if they win a grand final but miss 4 regular season games the next bloody year?

If you told players they'd stay on the field for that sort of grubbery it would be all out war

Frailty

First Grade
He should have been sent off.

No ifs or buts because it is a Grand Final.

It was malicious and deliberate.

anjado

Juniors
What we need is referee's with balls. That was a deliberate elbow/forearm to the head, He should of been sent off it doesn't ruin the game. It was a deliberate cheap shot and the referee was too scared to act upon a simple decision.

I wonder what you have to do to get sent off ?

Kiwi

First Grade
I have to admit that depsite how excited i am about my side over the next few years with all the young blokes they have in the side and coming through with great talent like Gagai, Gillett, Yow Yeh, Reed, McGuire, Hunt, Hoffman, Beale, Frei, Glenn, Hala ect I am finding it very hard to follow a code that is so inept. It seems deliberate fouls go unpunished, I mean how many times did Hornby nail Yow Yeh in one match before he got penalised 5 times? 6 times? Same with the Eagles, nailed warriors support players and in one case a defender in the lead up to a try, no worries it's all good. Apparently now you can nail someone with your knees and get off, or come over the top and elbow someone with obvious malice in the head and at worst you'll get put on report.

Don't get me wrong, manly were the better side today, but could they have still won with 12 men on the field like it should have been? And minus Matai like it should have been? I doubt it.

Teams will continue to use dirty and illegal tactics for as long as they can get away with it, we will continue to see dog acts in our game because unfortunately the system is a joke with one rule for this game, one rule for that game, one rule for this time of the year, one rule for this team, one for that, stupid grading which can see a player miss no game ect.

I'll find it hard to watch next year, and to be honest would not be surprised if I find something better to do, which wont be hard, and I am willing to bet I ain't the only person who feels this way. I'm just over the joke that is our refs, judicary ect

And finally could some please tell me how on earth two refs and two touch judges could miss that play the ball where the Manly player lost it and then played it towards the sideline.

Kiwi

First Grade
I've always said that a sent off player should be allowed to get replaced, and this pretty much strengthens that thought.

I believe if they had the option of sending off without it deciding the game then Rose would've been gone.

It's alot easier for a player to make a cheap shot like that as well if he knows at worst is team will be down to 3 bench players. Gee I take out say Thurston, get sent, we still have 13 on the field they lose their best player. If you get sent team plays with 12, don't want that to happen then don't get sent off.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
It's alot easier for a player to make a cheap shot like that as well if he knows at worst is team will be down to 3 bench players. Gee I take out say Thurston, get sent, we still have 13 on the field they lose their best player. If you get sent team plays with 12, don't want that to happen then don't get sent off.

The problem is that players aren't afraid to get sent as it is and refs won't do it because they realise how big an influence on the game it is.

No player wants to be sitting on the sidelines watching so it's not like players would start going out making deliberate cheap shots.

shiznit

Coach
If i was a Warriors player i would have waited for Brett Stewart or DCE to get tackled and dropped a massive one on his head....

because you know for sure they wont send you off...

Kiwi

First Grade
The problem is that players aren't afraid to get sent as it is and refs won't do it because they realise how big an influence on the game it is.

No player wants to be sitting on the sidelines watching so it's not like players would start going out making deliberate cheap shots.

I don't think there are that many grubs in the game to be honest, Manly and the Storm seem to have more than their fair share, but would Rose have done what he did if he knew he would have been sent for it? What about Matai, would he have done what he did to Yow Yeh if he knew he would have probably been sent and definately missed the Grand Final?

Players aren't afraid to get sent because the refs don't send people off, I think a player could have pulled gun and blown away the opponents halves and fullback today and at worst he'd be put on report.

Right now the game is a joke.

Kiwi

First Grade
If i was a Warriors player i would have waited for Brett Stewart or DCE to get tackled and dropped a massive one on his head....

because you know for sure they wont send you off...

That proves my point that not all players are dogs, some are decent blokes who do not resort to those sort of tactics.

Jose93

Juniors
On report is the biggest blight on RL. You don't play the rest of the game with the idea everything will be checked when it's over.

No motivation for the NRL to review it, though, as more sending offs could lead to more uncompetitive games, and they know that.

shiznit

Coach
to be fair to the eagles... they copped a dog shot when Brett Stweart was polaxed in the 2007 GF

LazyDreamer

Bench
Manly seemed to get the rub of the green re ref decisions. But if you watch a reply, look for the play after Lyon gets sent out the back with a bleeding scone in the 33rd minute. Archer was calling the Warriors back to what he had marked as the 10 metres. The Warriors never quite made it back. So Archer took a step or two forward to put 'em onside.

Not saying it was a favourable decision to the Warriors, but wondering how often it happens.

Kiwi

First Grade
Deserved 10 in the bin. May have got it if Heremaia was more badly injured.

really? Some how I doubt it, have seen players get naled in the last few years, get taken off not to return, offender has only ever gotten put on report.

Anyone know the last time a player has been sent off? or how many times players have been sent since 2000?

Also counted twice in that game a warriors player was lifted above the horizontal and slammed down, no penalty, I thought they were good tackles personally, but would have been penalties if it was any other time of the year, again zero consistancy.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
Rose's shot was pretty poor, this is where maybe on report should equal 10 in the bin.....
As I am manly fan , i agree it was pretty poor form....