What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FRANCE VS KIWIS live score

winnyason

Juniors
bear in mind no oliver elima a good player who plays superleague, defence is the area the french coach needs to work on. Who ever he may be hopefully not Monie, I think tri series is a maybe, it all depends on what the other three say, remember sri lanka in cricket 20 years ago, sure the french will lose most of there games but just one win will give this team a lot of confidence.

There needs to be a emergence of a world class outside back for the french super forwards, and fairly goods halves gresque,rinaldi & frassyinous, what ever happened to the talk of the young centre from avigon who switched to union after world cup 2000, going to les catalans his name was Cassin by memory.

any way what about the childish banter by the usap president, last week locking the aussies & french out of change room, the sooner stade brutus is built the better, but the way to let the loser no how we feel is email the usap website & tell him how we feel.

carlnz

Bench
France have showen in this match they will be a force in a few years. The only thing they were weak in was defence on their own line and their fitness. The crowd was great, the clapped every try and are not hostle like Aus, NZ or GB fans.

French try to their winger to make it 22-20 was the best of the match, their hooker David Berthezène was outstanding and looks like a very good capable NRL player.

Julien Rinaldi simply brillant. pitty he missed a tackle which lead to a try near the end. By far their best player.

Jamal Fakir played very well too, im sure the Kiwis know his rep because i couple of times they ganged up on him and pushed him back.

carlnz

Bench
AuckMel said:
My sources inform me that, Great Britain have unearthed another test match quality ref.

It was hardly that bad, the Kiwis bought most of it on them selfs and when the started to talk back they got hammered more.

No disiplicne from the Kiwis....they will get hammered again with that sort of carry on.

playdaball

Bench
The ref was a shocker. Some of his decisons were unexplainable.

To the game ...

well done France!!!! The scoreline did not give a true indication of the game.

Kiwis - quite simply .. bad game, bad discipline, mistakes, trying to force the play, we will be in trouble without Stacey Jones if we make the final.
I would be trying to get Robbie Paul in as we'll need experience and organisational skills at #7. MOTU IS NOT THE MAN TO FILL STACEY'S BOOTS.

Puig-Aubert

Juniors
I am very disapointed, we should win this game
But international RL is a joke with referee like Kirkpatrick

Allez les bleus

winnyason

Juniors
crowd anyone? did gresque get much game time.

i have to say i would be very suprised if great britain don't play france in the superleague, they are very close off a win against one of the big countries.
fitness & defence needs to be worked on but i suppose both these go hand in hand.

get raguin fit, surely toulouse can put him on some kind of fitness program, he has huge potential, with toulouse's budget are they basically nearly full time pro puig albert?

i would think new zealand & even australia would be a little concerned about france compititveness with basically only les catalans & toulouse (from what i know) professional.

next year expect big moves from the froggies.

carlnz

Bench
the ground holds 20,000 and my first guess was 4-5,000 but it looked at least 1/3 full so im going to say around 7,000

Skinner

Coach
carlnz said:
It was hardly that bad, the Kiwis bought most of it on them selfs and when the started to talk back they got hammered more.

No disiplicne from the Kiwis....they will get hammered again with that sort of carry on.

Come on man......he was absolute crap...no danger.

Pulling Bronson for a facial.....Solo's "punch".........utter garbage.

Does anyone know what grade he does in dear old Blighty ?

Skinner

carlnz

Bench
Skinner said:
Come on man......he was absolute crap...no danger.

Pulling Bronson for a facial.....Solo's "punch".........utter garbage.

Does anyone know what grade he does in dear old Blighty ?

Skinner

It was not Bronson it was Kidwell with a grapple tackle.

Solos punch was when he dropped to his knees while his fists were around the collar. Solomona deserved everything, he should of been sent to the bin. He was a disgrace to the Kiwi jumper today. Costing the kiwis a penalty while on the first tackle on the line for being a fool. Then back chattening....

Jesbass

First Grade
carlnz said:
It was not Bronson it was Kidwell with a grapple tackle.

It was Bronson.

carlnz said:
Solos punch was when he dropped to his knees while his fists were around the collar. Solomona deserved everything, he should of been sent to the bin. He was a disgrace to the Kiwi jumper today. Costing the kiwis a penalty while on the first tackle on the line for being a fool. Then back chattening....

The referee was targeting Solomona for most of the match. Besides a number of his penalties and calls just being plain bizarre, (whilst also denying both teams the opportunity of advantage at times, or that 'no knock on' by the prop who broke through our line and then had the ball fly five metres forward), I can't help but wonder if he and Solomona have a history. They both take the field in the ESL...

carlnz

Bench
jesbass said:
It was Bronson.

The referee was targeting Solomona for most of the match. Besides a number of his penalties and calls just being plain bizarre, (whilst also denying both teams the opportunity of advantage at times, or that 'no knock on' by the prop who broke through our line and then had the ball fly five metres forward), I can't help but wonder if he and Solomona have a history. They both take the field in the ESL...

Yes but Kidwell had his arm around the players neck and trying to flip him - that was a penalty anyway.

The ball was one on one tackle, he had every right to carry on playing. Good on the french players, they didnt stop playing like the Kiwis did, they played to the whistle.

JasonE

Bench
The main thing France need to do is increase their depth of quality players and hopefully this will come in the next 2 years. The good news is this current squad is fairly young and most should be around for the 2008 World Cup and they would've had a couple of years as fulltimers. Exciting times ahead for the French.

LeagueNut

First Grade
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
Webb in from a great Feka break and pass
This piece of play featured the best off-load I have seen in yonks. :clap:

Damn I'm gonna miss Feka next year. :(

Skinner

Coach
You know, Iafeta has ALWAYS had a really wicked off load, but was Never allowed
to use it at the Wockers.

Australia is far too good that nincompoop of a ref......even if he is some relation
to carlnz........................

Skinner

screeny

Bench
I thought the ref was absolutely dire - but for both sides. His Solomona 'punch' decision was absolutely ridiculous. Grapple tackle, fair enough, all they have to do is stay away from the neck, so it's the players' fault if they're penalised.

As for the match, well, as far as NZ are concerned, poor old B. McClennan now knows what it's like to be a Kiwis coach! From having everyone believe he was a god of motivation, psychology and tactics, he's now scrabbling to control an undisciplined Kiwi team.

If you're watching that match as a neutral, and judging the hlaves, you'd have to say that Jones is not fit to lace Rinaldi's boots. The latter's been my favourite player for 10 years, he's got mad skills and controls the game absolutely as he wishes.

In the second half the French were visibly dropping off. That's not to do with tackling training or deficiencies in technique, it's to do with fitness. When Puletua can take a 20 metre tap and make 15 metres you know the opposition's tired.

And how good, just how, how good, is Fakir? He's an absolute phenom! People will laugh at this but surely he's got to be one of the best handful of 2nd rowers in the world....

That run he did that led to Charles's outstanding second half try (a beauty of a try) had me laughing out loud and in amazement. Kidwell....seeya......Anderson....seeya...an outrageous show of power and speed.

F(orce) = M(ass) x A(cceleration). Fakir is a force and how......

A good game all in all, for the French at least. The game in France, unquestionably, is on the rise and has improved dramatically in the last few years.

screeny

Bench
I never saw Brousse play so cannot comment. But what I can say is that whenever Fakir plays, regardless of the team or players opposing him, he sticks out like the sorest of sore thumbs as a beast, physically superior in every way, with powerhouse aggression to boot.

Latest posts