What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FU*KING PISS POOR EFFORT

BAY72

Juniors
:evil: WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT :evil:

UNBELIEVABLE!!

That has got to be the worst we have played all year. I mean we've played some shocking games. But too loose by that much to the worst defensive side in the league is just WOEFULL!! :evil:

:clap: To Weyman Arguably the only player that actualy showed up today.

And after the finish we had last week, I thought we may actualy step up and play football :lol:
HOW WRONG WAS I :evil:

Bay56

First Grade
imo we have been playing like that for the last six weeks or so (other than the broncos game) ... circumstances such as 1 point victories have covered up the rather large cracks that get bigger every week.

We have played against teams we should be putting away big time and yet we dont ... as I have said before ... once is an oversight, twice .. etc etc

If we finish in the finals do you really think we are going to make an impression ... we may fall into the finals at the end of the season but thats nothing to be proud of ... finish in the top 5 and then you're talking achievements.

BAY72

Juniors
At this stage I'm only half interested in the finals.

REASON?

The way we are playing at the moment is a joke and if we play like this in the finals we will be laught at for the next 10 years! :evil:

azza

Juniors
Bay56 said:
imo we have been playing like that for the last six weeks or so (other than the broncos game) ... circumstances such as 1 point victories have covered up the rather large cracks that get bigger every week.

I agree but certain boofheads just say "we have won four from our last five" etc. etc. What utter crap... statistics don't reveal anything and we have had TWO convincinc wins all year, that's it. Today was not a surprise at all because we have been playing sh*t basically all year.

I don't care if Jason Smith is a 32 year old past it player greeneyed, he still offers more than Macca as a playmaker.

azza

Juniors
Another thing - expect Michael Weyman to go to another club just like Joel Monaghan if Elliot continues to coach the team as poorly as he has this year. No one would want to play for us.

greeneyed

First Grade
azza said:
Bay56 said:

I agree but certain boofheads just say "we have won four from our last five" etc. etc. What utter crap... statistics don't reveal anything and we have had TWO convincinc wins all year, that's it. Today was not a surprise at all because we have been playing sh*t basically all year.

I don't care if Jason Smith is a 32 year old past it player greeneyed, he still offers more than Macca as a playmaker.

Azza.. I would still rather look forward and put Carney in, knowing we are going to have to put up with mistakes etc... So long as he sticks with us... and we only have to put up with this ABSOLUTE MISERY for 2-3 years until he grows into the role... SO LONG AS HE STICKS with us long term...

peter_raiders

Juniors
What i can see right now is a deja vu of 2002. All we are gana do is extend Ruben Wiki and Luke Davico's career with us by 1 game by makin the quarter finals. i think thats the only positive we hav if we get in the 8.

greeneyed

First Grade
azza said:
Another thing - expect Michael Weyman to go to another club just like Joel Monaghan if Elliot continues to coach the team as poorly as he has this year. No one would want to play for us.

For the first time this year, I am at the point where I think we have to think seriously about whether the current coaching staff are up to the job. The current playing roster is NOT THAT BAD..... decent coaching staff could get THAT playing roster switched on to beat the BOTTOM team.....

Bay56

First Grade
greeneyed said:
Azza.. I would still rather look forward and put Carney in, knowing we are going to have to put up with mistakes etc... So long as he sticks with us... and we only have to put up with this ABSOLUTE MISERY for 2-3 years until he grows into the role... SO LONG AS HE STICKS with us long term...
We will continue to loose the likes of Carney until management has a strategy to keep them .... realistically do you have any confidence in our management.

As I have said before ... pressure needs to bear on the Raiders board ... pressure comes from supporters and forums like this. Most of the people on this forum have missed all the speed traps ... when everyone is solild around the arguement I and a few others have been stating then the sooner this problem will be rectified FULLSTOP

Bay56

First Grade
greeneyed said:
For the first time this year, I am at the point where I think we have to think seriously about whether the current coaching staff are up to the job. The current playing roster is NOT THAT BAD..... decent coaching staff could get THAT playing roster switched on to beat the BOTTOM team.....

BINGO !!!

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I consider myslef an optimist when it comes to the raiders, but after today I'm prepared to look forward to next year. That was the most disgraceful peformance I've seen from them since the Parramatta match in 2002. The only good performances to come out of that were of Shif and of course Michael Weyman. You know something is dreadfully wrong when a team has to look to a teenager for inspiration. There was some serious leadership issues from our side today and I wouldn't give a rats if I was to see the (c) removed from Woolfords name.
Pretty ordinary guys. We'll probably beat Melbourne and the Roosters only to lose to the Knights and Souths. Complacency pisses me off.

Bay56

First Grade
Walt Flanigan said:
I consider myslef an optimist when it comes to the raiders, but after today I'm prepared to look forward to next year. That was the most disgraceful peformance I've seen from them since.

Walt ... dont give up on this season yet. We're in with some pretty poor company .... I suggest we will fall into the eight by default and then get smashed in the first week ... sort of like a long drawn out death.

azza

Juniors
Walt, I hope you can see where we are coming from us so called negos. I would be so happy to stop criticising the team which I did for most of last year but for mind, NOT ONE WORD of the criticism I have dished up this year (and some of the others) has been unjustified. I won't let one great win (like against the broncos) fool me either.

Of course you probably have me on ignore... not that I really care :lol:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I just have never got the point of Woolford being captain. He's so much different to previous ones. Everyone loved Dean Lance, Mal, Ricky and Lozza and as far as I know people have been really indifferent about Woolford. Good captains lead by example time and time again, which is why either Wiki or Croker would have made good choices. I reckon Woolford should just pass it to Schif.

balmainbenny

Juniors
Sore losers!!! touchy, touchy about removing a raiders thread with sad facts. Ah well, let's see if smith/adamson will be as good as Davico, Wiki and Monoghan.
I think all raider fans already know the answer to that one. 8)

Mal Meninga

Bench
That was a disgraceful performance.
Congrats to Weyman who made me proud to be a fan, but give yourself 10 uppercuts JOEL MONAGHAN.
Went to the game and thanks to all the Raiders fans who came out, still made noise when we were well beaten, but just sometimes you gotta wonder where on earth our players go when the going gets tough...