What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FU*KING PISS POOR EFFORT

greeneyed

First Grade
balmainbenny said:
Sore losers!!! touchy, touchy about removing a raiders thread with sad facts. Ah well, let's see if smith/adamson will be as good as Davico, Wiki and Monoghan.
I think all raider fans already know the answer to that one. 8)

You are possibly one of the worst trolls in the forum... I know.. you have a lot to match given Rooster Cogburn and Insane are on the forum too... but you are very close.

BAY72

Juniors
Mal Meninga said:
That was a disgraceful performance.
Congrats to Weyman who made me proud to be a fan, but give yourself 10 uppercuts JOEL MONAGHAN.
Went to the game and thanks to all the Raiders fans who came out, still made noise when we were well beaten, but just sometimes you gotta wonder where on earth our players go when the going gets tough...
agreed, not a bad turn out by Raiders supporters, at all.

just a shame the team didn't turn up, again :evil:

And to all Canberrans, have a safe trip home, Unfortunate to come all this way to have to stand around in the rain, and watch such a poor display of football.

Anonymous

Juniors
Today, as I sat on the hill at Brookvale in driving rain, getting soaked but convinced that by showing my pride, passion etc. I was doing my best for the club.....

Why bother? It's clear that most fans (well done to the SGB as well, I didn't see anyone scurrying for cover when it started raining) have more passion about the Raiders in their little fingers than most of the players do. So why bother? I doubt I'll go further than the SFS in the near future to watch a game, as if the players dont want to put in, why should I?

I wont even bother giving my unique verdict on the game, so I'll just describe it as pathetic and move on.

woodgers

Bench
A few points I would like to make.

Mogg. If I hear one more person go on about how good he is, this, that and the others I will go insane. He is now in the same catergory as McLinden and Preston Campbell where he does a few good things with the footy but his defence is so disgraceful that people forget this side of his game. He caused the first 2 tries with that rushing in and was generally taken to the cleaners by Albert Torrens! For the love of god.

Structure. Once again the closer we get to the line the less idea we have. Why would we kick on the 2nd tackle 10 metres out 3 times. No hole running. No idea full stop. People on here are bagging Monaghan but what is he to do? Every time we are in attack Elliott has forward after forward rucking the ball towards the posts! No imagination at all and a waste of tackles a lot of the time!

When selecting a side to play Manly, did Ellott possibly do his homework and see that statisticly they are the worst side in the league in defence. Therefore 2 and 2 makes 4 and you would think we are a chance at scoring a few points. Why select 4 forwards on the bench and no Carney? Ridiculous. I am even angrier now that during the week.

Thommo = Passenger. Tired Smith (even though he didn't make too many errors) = Passenger. Hindmarsh has played like a dog this year and has been going unnoticed, DO SOMETHING IAN. He is lazing around the field and barely gets a touch. He isn't trying to bust tackles. He isn't fit to shine his brother's boots this year.

Weyman. Wonderful again. Lozza summed it up perfectly. He was the best forward on the park in the first half, as the game was getting away from us in the 2nd half, Elliott and co sat on their hands and didn't send him on for 20 minutes when all was lost. He wasn't going to be the saviour and bag 4 tries but he was getting a roll on and some momentum. Something no one else was doing.

What a difference 12 months is. Last year we thrashed them with 12 men this year is our worst performance in ages. Besides a 19 year old who is on the bench, Ruben and Statue there is no heart whatsoever. Does anyone besides us guys care about this club and that traditional green jumper that they wore today? I don't think so. Man I am annoyed. I don't mind losing but lack of pride and heart is unacceptable.

Bay56

First Grade
Well summed up Woodgers.

The point is what the hell will the board do about it ... nothing, thats what.

Elliot aint going to miraclously change over-night .. the sort of stuff he has been dishing up will be dished up again, and again and again.

Bite the bullet now board members and do what has to be done, otherwise we go down the same path as paramatta.

BAY72

Juniors
Timbo said:
Today, as I sat on the hill at Brookvale in driving rain, getting soaked but convinced that by showing my pride, passion etc. I was doing my best for the club.....

Why bother? It's clear that most fans (well done to the SGB as well, I didn't see anyone scurrying for cover when it started raining) have more passion about the Raiders in their little fingers than most of the players do. So why bother? I doubt I'll go further than the SFS in the near future to watch a game, as if the players dont want to put in, why should I?

I wont even bother giving my unique verdict on the game, so I'll just describe it as pathetic and move on.

How were the Manly fans, FU*KING SOAP DOGERS, It was like they have never had a shower.

:clap: RAIDERS ARMY & SGB SINGING IN THE RAIN :clap:

It should have been a party, it almost broke the drought!!
:D

Bay56

First Grade
Walt Flanigan said:
Sack the coach eh bay? You and your quick fixes.........you crack me up. :lol:

You might think its funny Walt but quite frankly I dont live in disney land (excuse the pun).

I'm serious mate, and have been for some time .... if you think Elliot has the answers you are quite entitiled to your opinion as much as I am.

BAY72

Juniors
Bay56, I don't think we are that far yet! And don't forget once the teams on the field the coach can't realy do much. It's up to the team from there on.

I still don't get some of the players picked for each week though.

azza

Juniors
Yes sack the coach. He has no idea at all, you can see it in the way the team plays. We are the worst at attacking in the comp. All our tries are opportunistic, we have no idea how to put on a set play and that's the coach's job. The sooner he leaves the better, although I guess we better have a suitable replacement lined up first. The resemblance we have with Parramatta is uncanny, Elliot really is a Brian Smith understudy.

It pains me to say get rid of the coach and while Bay56 has been calling for it from about 2001, it is only now I finally agree with him.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
You sound like a souths supporter bay56. As soon as something bad happens it's the coaches fault, and we need a new one. Have a go John Langs first season with the Panthers, sometimes the players just have to get things right.

Bay56

First Grade
I can tell you now that before we get better we will get worse ...

I would suggest that Wayne Collins be given the reigns from now till the end of the season and maybe even into next season ... then a concerted effort to get Ricky back to the Raiders .. pie in the sky stuff ... think small and thats what you'll stay.

Briza

Juniors
BAY25 said:
Timbo said:

How were the Manly fans, FU*KING SOAP DOGERS, It was like they have never had a shower.

:clap: RAIDERS ARMY & SGB SINGING IN THE RAIN :clap:

It should have been a party, it almost broke the drought!!
:D

We dont like fresh water, we bathe,play and drink Salt water!
Nah, I wasnt there but it looked like it was coming down alright.

azza

Juniors
And stuart is a nego like some of us... calls a spade a spade and prepared to face reality. Look where it gets the Rorters

Bay56

First Grade
Walt Flanigan said:
You sound like a souths supporter bay56. As soon as something bad happens it's the coaches fault, and we need a new one. Have a go John Langs first season with the Panthers, sometimes the players just have to get things right.

No Walt, actually I'm a Raiders supporter and have been for some 22 years. I like many others have seen the good the bad and the ugly.

Not sure what you meand by "as soon as something bad happens it's the coaches fault". Others may fit that category, I have been firm in my opinion on Elliot way before this season ... I have very rarely seen signs that would dispell my theory that he is a "one dimensional coach that relies on one big factor -- G&D and vert little skill". That has been my stance for some time and I have never deviated from it.

As I said before, you are entitled to your opinion.