What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fui Fui - How Many Weeks?

mickdo

Coach
I think he's in trouble on the one that wasn't put on report. A couple of weeks at least.

mickdo

Coach
Charlie Saab said:
why didnt he come back for the 2nd half then? concussion
He copped the concussion from the second hit Fui put on him, which he won't get time for as it came up off the ball and the player fell, and he got him with his bicep (which has been a valid get off reason at the judiciary lately).

The high shot 5 minutes before that is a different matter though.

Mr Saab

Referee
indeed mick...the 1st hit which most missed is the big one.
Fui might not be sweet for the 2nd one either..

Mr Saab

Referee
it was between 5-7 mins before the 2nd hit which was put on report.
Brisbane were attacking in the eels 30m line and barnes had passed the ball and was hit from behind

mickdo

Coach
Charlie Saab said:
indeed mick...the 1st hit which most missed is the big one.
Fui might not be sweet for the 2nd one either..
I don't see how he could possibly be convicted for the 2nd hit (I'm not saying he won't be charged though).
- Player fell in to it
- Came up off the ball
- Hit with bicep

Bad record should only be taken in to account for sentencing.

PB

Bench
No the first hit was when Seymour got called up for a forward pass, Barnes r4cieved the pass, passed it on to Berrigan (?) who was in a bit of a gap. Both passes were forward, Barnes was slipping as he passed, and Fui dived over the top and got him across the melon with a swinging arm. COuld possibly argue it was a glancing blow. I think if the Match review commtiiee see this one, they may over look it, but added to the second hit, will tie him up for at least a grade 1 charge.

Having said that, IF Vella is out along with Hindmarsh, they may contest it.... (they can afford a good QC with their $100,000) :)

Mr Saab

Referee
later than that....you cant miss it when you watch it carefully.
I dont think Fui is on in the 14th min (he might)...
If you have the game on tape or watching it on the net then pay close attention to the 10 mins BEFORE the time Fui is placed on report.

Mr Saab

Referee
PB...cant see how they can overlook it...late and high and a player without the ball

Oh I got it.

Big Pond time referance 32:15 if you detach the video.

In his defense the player is stummbling, off balance and passing at the time he is hit.

Please see attached.

fui.JPG

I am sure fui has made contact with the head but maybe it is with the bottom of the bicep.

mickdo

Coach
MarkInTheStands said:
Oh I got it.

Big Pond time referance 32:15 if you detach the video.

In his defense the player is stummbling, off balance and passing at the time he is hit.

I am sure fui has made contact with the head but maybe it is with the bottom of the bicep.
Yeah, the player was falling in that one as well. Will all depend on the other camera angles that the judiciary have of it.

PB

Bench
I know what you mean, and watching the game on saturday morning, my wife and i thought it was worse than the one he got picked for. Although from memory, Barnes had already slipped over in that instance also.

I would say the officials in the middle missed it because they had already blown the play up.

If i was a brisbane supporter i would have been barking about that "tackle" also

Nickeel

Juniors
MITS, isn't that capture of the tackle for which Fui was placed on report?

The one Charlie is referring to saw Barnes kind of parallel with the ground, diving to pass, after the play had been called up for the previous pass. Fui looked to dive and, whether he was trying to punch the ball or Barnes' head, swung his arm.

It was highlighted on Fox Sports Super Saturday.

I had missed it on Friday, but watching it back, it didn't look terrific.

Fui is an integral part of our go-forward, impact and success for mine and I am hoping he is miraculously free to play through the finals. ;-)

Nick

The Colonel

Immortal
Nickeel said:
MITS, isn't that capture of the tackle for which Fui was placed on report?

The one Charlie is referring to saw Barnes kind of parallel with the ground, diving to pass, after the play had been called up for the previous pass. Fui looked to dive and, whether he was trying to punch the ball or Barnes' head, swung his arm.

It was highlighted on Fox Sports Super Saturday.

I had missed it on Friday, but watching it back, it didn't look terrific.

Fui is an integral part of our go-forward, impact and success for mine and I am hoping he is miraculously free to play through the finals. ;-)

Nick

Nope that is the first tackle that MITS has. The second tackle had him falling as well but he came more front on rather than from behind.