What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fui - Guilty, No Contest

mickdo

Coach
join the bandwagon said:
I say plead guilty to avoid the longer suspension, but go for a down grade to get him back earlier
Sorry, I missed that... could you type a bit louder? ;-)

Hurriflatch

Referee
Like last year Parra might as well fight it

with the lack of props Parra have due to injury as much as I'd love to be proven wrong I can't see Parra making it to the 3rd week of the finals without Fui.

eelsta

Bench
<UPtheEELS> said:
:( He just has these itches in his game, which come out at the worst possible times.

your right and i'm now starting to get a little cranky with fui:p

as much as i adore him

bartman

Immortal
It's the loading that did Fui. 3 x 50% on 4 weeks = 4 + 2 + 2 +2 = 10 weeks. Minus the 25% early plea discount for the 7 weeks.

This system makes regular offenders pay, he really needs a clean two years and then he'd be on par with the average player in terms of penalties (ie 4 weeks - 25% would have been only 3 weeks with early plea!)

And the guy was doing so well this year too...

jayman

Juniors
i havent read all the posts.. but if parra contest the grading.. down to grade 2 (right?).. whats the weeks on that.. only 1 week less? ie 6 weeks?

is that best we can hope for on the gradings?

mickdo

Coach
jayman said:
i havent read all the posts.. but if parra contest the grading.. down to grade 2 (right?).. whats the weeks on that.. only 1 week less? ie 6 weeks?

is that best we can hope for on the gradings?
Yep, 6 weeks for grade 2, 5 weeks for grade 1

Eelementary

Post Whore
Fight it, don't fight it...Doesn't matter. Anyone remermber a few years ago when Cayless got suspended for a high shot on Sing? The circumstances were:

* Cayless, front on, was going for a big hit;

* An Eel (Widders?) tackled Sing from behind, thus making him fall forward;

* As Cayless put the big hit on, his arm collected a falling Sing, and knocked him out.

Cayless got 8 weeks or something.

With Fui's record...

Glenn

First Grade
Nice to see the trial by Media continue, seems Kite was was ok the day after and now in a darkend room if the papers are to believed ???

Gronk

Staff member
Yes the Telecrap are obvioulsy going in hard against Fui. Trial by media x 100.

No doubt fueled by Manly who are providing ample hyperbole for publication. They would no doubt be keen to cause us as much damage as possible to the Eels due to recent events regarding Judas which has soured relations between the clubs.

Glenn

First Grade
Wouldn't put anything past them, they are rapidly catching Canterbury as the team I hate more than any other.

strider

Post Whore
He hasn't broken his fricken jaw because his bad concussion was made due to his head whipping around and it hitting the ground - not just the contact with Fui.

mickdo

Coach
f**k... I hadn't realised that if you contest the grading and lose you still miss out on the 25% early plea discount!!! That sucks! I think Fui's gonna have to cop the 7 weeks. :cry:

CharlieF

Juniors
SOURCE:http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19977068-23214,00.html

Kite's season takes a dive
By Dean Ritchie
August 1, 2006

CONCUSSED Manly prop Brent Kite is resting in a darkened room with doctors fearing he could be sidelined until the finals after a high tackle that has Parramatta's Fuifui Moimoi facing a 10-game ban.

Concern ... Kite spent three minutes unconscious. Pic: Sam Ruttyn

The NRL has requested a medical report from Manly doctor Paul Bloomfield on Kite's condition.

Bloomfield revealed yesterday Kite's concussion was so severe the representative prop may not return until week two of the NRL finals in September.

"Brent was unconscious for three minutes. It is significant concussion," he said. "He is resting and improving but we will have to monitor him.

"He is still having headaches and is sluggish and tired. Brent will have to complete a neuro-psych test, which will show any memory loss.

"This test will also show his reactive time and response time," added Dr Bloomfield.
Moimoi was sent off for the tackle during Parramatta's 31-18 win over Manly at Parramatta Stadium last Saturday night.

He has been charged with a grade three reckless high tackle and will be suspended for seven games with an early plea or 10 games if he contest the charge and loses.

"I don't remember anything but from what I've been told I'm lucky not to have a broken jaw or any head fractures," Kite said yesterday.

Advertisement:
By accepting a seven-match ban, Moimoi would not be back until week three of the finals, provided Parramatta is still in premiership race by then.

The loss of robust Moimoi for such a lengthy spell will be a body-blow to the Eels, who have won in six outings. Parramatta officials will decide today whether to plead guilty.

Bloomfield said only time will tell whether Kite recovers in time to play in Manly's next game. The Sea Eagles have the bye this weekend.

"It will depend on his ongoing symptoms," Bloomfield said.

"Potentially, it could be three, four, six weeks. Luke Williamson was out for between six to eight weeks toward the end of last season."

Moimoi missed the Eels' finals last year after being suspended for nine weeks, also for a high tackle.

It was his second suspension in his debut year at Parramatta after also missing five games for a previous high shot.

New Zealand Warriors prop Ruben Wiki and Sydney Roosters back Amos Roberts were also charged by the match review committee yesterday.

Wiki will miss one match with an early guilty plea to his grade three careless high tackle while Roberts is facing a two-match ban regardless of whether he pleads guilty or contests a grade one dangerous throw charge.

The Daily Telegraph

Latest posts