What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fui - Guilty, No Contest

Stagger eel

Staff member
CharlieF said:
I hope so. 2GB said this morning that he would be out for the rest of the season.

the season :lol:

mate, he'll play against the knights ;-)

there appears to be a very anti Parramatta feeling amongst GB and news limited, they'll do and say anything to try derail our season.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
judiciarychargesrd20preliminary.jpg

Early Plea taken

The Colonel

Immortal
Should have challenged the grading but it also depends on what footage was available. If there was no front on view or it was obscured it wouldn't have helped much.

so he'll be back for GF Qualifier or GF itself, depending on how the other 3 teams in the top4 go in first week of finals.

Well, at least he'll be back this year........

Eelementary

Post Whore
Makes sense to me.

A guy like Morley, with a far dirtier record than Fui, can go on ahead and knee a guy in the head with intent and forethought and get the same amount of time off as a guy who simply had a tackle go horribly wrong due to circumstances beyond his own control.

:roll:

f**k the judiciary. They make me physically ill.

CharlieF

Juniors
eelavation said:
the season :lol:

mate, he'll play against the knights ;-)

there appears to be a very anti Parramatta feeling amongst GB and news limited, they'll do and say anything to try derail our season.

The SMH is running the story as well. There is a good picture clearly showing the tackle was very high with MoiMoi having both his feet off the ground. One foot is at least 40cm off the ground.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/eels-moimoi-facing-ban-of-at-least-seven-weeks/2006/07/31/1154198074926.html

Eelementary

Post Whore
CharlieF said:
The SMH is running the story as well. There is a good picture clearly showing the tackle was very high with MoiMoi having both his feet off the ground. One foot is at least 40cm off the ground.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/eels-moimoi-facing-ban-of-at-least-seven-weeks/2006/07/31/1154198074926.html

True, but Kite has a good 10cm on Fuifui.

Ask yourself - if Widders wasn't involved in the tackle...Had he not "tripped" Kite...Would Moimoi's arm had hit Kite high?

It probably would have hit him across the shoulders.

Stagger eel

Staff member
CharlieF said:

what you failed to also mention Charlie is the angle of Kite on impact..

Now!! Charlie we all know your a Manly fan despite dennying some time back, but if the shoe was on the other foot you'd be carrying on that Moi Moi was falling into Kite's tackle..and he should of been let off based on that alone.

doon't worry, he got 7 weeks the media will back you all the time and Kite will play next week.

The Colonel

Immortal
fuifuimoimoi_narrowweb__300x377,0.jpg

Kite is also falling to his left. I think the picture could also be used to argue that thye first point of contact was his chect before coming up.

CharlieF

Juniors
Eelementary said:
True, but Kite has a good 10cm on Fuifui.

Ask yourself - if Widders wasn't involved in the tackle...Had he not "tripped" Kite...Would Moimoi's arm had hit Kite high?

It probably would have hit him across the shoulders.

That might be true, but the photo shows that MoiMoi intended to go high. This is why they didn't classify it as careless. MoiMoi, of all people should have known that that style of tackle is very high risk. He has seen them before. If he wants to try them again, then that is reckless. He really needs to change his tackling style.

The Colonel

Immortal
CharlieF said:
That might be true, but the photo shows that MoiMoi intended to go high. This is why they didn't classify it as careless. MoiMoi, of all people should have known that that style of tackle is very high risk. He has seen them before. If he wants to try them again, then that is reckless. He really needs to change his tackling style.

You can prove intent now?

Stagger eel

Staff member
CharlieF said:

look at the photo again Charlie boy. ;-)

The Colonel

Immortal
CharlieF said:
You can clearly see him jumping off the ground. I am not saying it was intentional, but it is more than just careless.

Actually you said he intended to leave the ground - so you are saying the tackle was intentional. Just because his feet are off the ground doesn't make it reckless. In a collision sport peoples feet are going to leave the ground - you don't know if he had left the ground before, during or after the impact outside of what the photo at that instant shows.

You could argue the grading until the cows come home but the only difference between the shot on Kite and the one by Wiki was the fact that Kite was injured. I also think that had more to do with the way he fell then the tackle itself.

Personally I think you are trying to justify the suspension to Parramatta fans and are clutching at whatever straws are available. At the end of the day he copped seven weeks, we won the game and Manly lost. End of story, thanks for coming.

CharlieF

Juniors
Alright, I will now remove myself from this arguement. I have probably already said enough, maybe more than enough.

Its one game a piece this year between Manly and Parra, and if we meet again, it won't be a repeat of last years finals.

Latest posts