What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Steam Ahead On Ground Construction

Yadamish

Juniors
Ok latest Photos which puts some questions to bed. Yes it is grass. What is the go with the installation of the speaker poles at the front of the concourse instead of behind the LOS? Also saw some old Concourse seating blocks left over from the last installation just lying around.

The back of the stand has been filled in and the corporate boxes are underway though by the looks they are only in the middle not the length of the stand.

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

sharknows

Bench
That looks much better than I anticipated. They will be the best seats in the house when the weather is rough. Other times though I would rather sit near the half way. Next we need a roof on Peter Burns stand but I just can't see that happening.

carcharias

Immortal
the speaker poles make sense in that the speaker will face all the crowd .

The people in front of the poles probably couldn't hear what was said.

Not that I could from the hill with 10 beers on board anyway.

fatshark

Bench
makes no sense having grass in the front. Bit of a short cut I reckon or the funds dried up.

wouldnt have minded seating all the way to the front but what can you do. those seats really only get filled at finals matches. low doWn behing the posts isnt the way i like to watch my footy.

i would say they might save a little cash now and put in seating all the way around in front in the off season. doing it all at once might have made us played even more away games. who knows.

Is that a mason proof fence they're putting in ?

I liked the sound the old fence made with the kiddies banging away when the opposition were shooting for goal.

no fence is mason proof.

i wouldnt start that shenanigans again though. the track record post fence destruction is poor.

2006. beat newcastle. bust their fence. lose 10 games in a row. miss finals.

2007. beat the stains. bust their fence. lose 7 in a row. miss finals. again!

Watching souths vs manly on sunday, i noticed that brookvale has a similar end stand. perhaps slightly more seating but with grass at the front.

didnt look to bad at all.

wished i could have gotten tickets in there but they've all been sold apparently. As have the Et stand according to Ticketecketeck.

SharkShocked

Bench
Has anyone here got a season ticket for parking?

Every time i call the club to enquire what's happening i get the stock standard "We will be writing to you to inform you what the arrangements are this year". Which is starting to annoy me.

Anyone know whats' going on?

McLovin

Staff member
Is that massive powerpole gone?? Or is it further to the left of that image??

Ausguy

Coach
pole is still there if u look close you can just see the corner of the fence that surrounds the pole in the pic ur talking about

dolph_sharkphin

Juniors
brlilliant pics. Good for us supporters who dont live in the Shire to see whats going on. Can't wait to get the opportunity to get down there to a game when its finished.

warren

Juniors
Has anyone here got a season ticket for parking?

Every time i call the club to enquire what's happening i get the stock standard "We will be writing to you to inform you what the arrangements are this year". Which is starting to annoy me.

Anyone know whats' going on?

I have one. i got it about a week a go at the club.

here ya go kids, pics from my crappy mobile this morning.
first one is from capt. cook dve, second is from the carpark with the bigscreen in view.
apolopgies for the poor quality.

:cool: