What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fullback needed next year .

gregstar

Referee
haha!

Clearly I'm alone in my view of the guy.
I think he'll learn from it given it was an embarrassing f*ck-up.
In my mind he simply needs the right coach to put a rocket up his arse.

He reminds me of David Peachey.
If he toughens up, he can get there.

Feel free to abuse me - actually I enjoy it.
I'll get the bit & choker. You get the priest outfit.

BLM01

First Grade
When I watch most of the top line FBs over the last decade or so they spend just as much time in attack searching for those extra metres in the middle vs a big sweeping play out wide.

Think of how many times you see Teddy just making sure on the 3rd or 4th he can get another 10m for his team jinking and or opening angles so his kicker has more time and easier distance to make the kick perfect.

Imagine we achieved that 50m more effortlessly and regularly so that our kicking options are putting the opposition under so much pressure.

I mean that’s what ending up happening to us on the weekend because Webster knew one of our weaknesses is our back 3 under serious pressure on the bomb. They did it well and made it so hard for us to get out and reclaim field position.

Nicoll K made such searching runs earlier in many sets that gave them good roll on and their forwards fed off that and left us vulnerable to being under extreme pressure taking the bombs
Yep put simply the Warriors back 3 do a better job than us. I luv Mika for how hard he runs but he is just running into an offisde wall up quickly. I am just waiting for us to do something subtly differernt varying our start of our sets because our backs are not poking their nose through and getting slow play the balls.

haha!

Clearly I'm alone in my view of the guy.
I think he'll learn from it given it was an embarrassing f*ck-up.
In my mind he simply needs the right coach to put a rocket up his arse.

He reminds me of David Peachey.
If he toughens up, he can get there.

Feel free to abuse me - actually I enjoy it.
I'll get the bit & choker. You get the priest outfit.
I’ll go a storm inspired gimp costume if you can dress up us Latrell in a blonde platted Swedish wig refusing the gift of 100 free pineapple donuts.

John moz

Juniors
Maybe sloan can cry on Latrell Mitchell shoulder again like he did in the game against souths earlier in the year.
Wouldn't be taking advice from Latrell after the season he has had for souths .

Maybe sloan can cry on Latrell Mitchell shoulder again like he did in the game against souths earlier in the year.
Wouldn't be taking advice from Latrell after the season he has had for souths .
I would be taking his advice on donuts, pastries, fighting, shooting, breaking jaws, elbowings, grogging on during recovery.

They’ll be no 8am start for Lats at Souths.

Once Wighton arrives, no one’s getting up until mid afternoon!

shiloh dc

Juniors
Fa'alogo is a star in the making. He is probably on 300K at the storm and happy to be on that money (if you know what i mean). If he was at the Dragons on same money his manager would be insisting on an immediate upgrade or he would go to another team and try and squeeze out of his contract.

thebigredv

First Grade
Fa'alogo is a star in the making. He is probably on 300K at the storm and happy to be on that money (if you know what i mean). If he was at the Dragons on same money his manager would be insisting on an immediate upgrade or he would go to another team and try and squeeze out of his contract.
It’s become a real issue. It’s becoming very hard to balance quality and spread it evenly throughout the 17 clubs. If we were one of the power clubs maybe I wouldn’t kick up a fuss. Unfortunately we are firmly entrenched as a lesser club and it will take a minor miracle to turn things in our favour. Very frustrating as a fan watching the likes of Sailor, Pereira, Sims and Wishart look like happy well-rounded footy players and all us Dragons fans can do is watch another sad season go by and a new one on the horizon.

slippery5

Juniors
He also got a accused of sexual assault like a week after we released him so in hindsight the right call
Yes, "accused" being the word, after jury took less than 1hr to reach a "Not Guilty" verdict with reports it should never have gone to court.
So in hindsight, if that was the reason it would have been the wrong call, unfortunately for him & us we decided he wasn't good enough to continue

possm

Coach
Neither the Warriors nor the Raiders FB’s have real pace and both teams are playing SF footy.

Whilst real pace would be a bonus 100% commitment and dedication to the hard work of the custodial duties creates a great base for the team to function off.
Come in Lomax! I'd like to see Lomax at fullback as I know he has enough speed and elusiveness to do a good job feeding his wingers. At the same time, he is a good defender and great at taking the high ball. Lomax already is used to bring the ball out of the Dragons' red zone in tackle 2 or 3.

Sloan should return to reserve grade in order to further develop his defensive skills and gain confidence under the high ball.

It seems to me that our pathways managers do not produce fullbacks with the ability to take the high ball and defend well in the last line of defense. This problem needs to be addressed urgently and I am confident that Flanno will address this problem.

The last full-sized fullback who could properly defend in the last line of defense at the Dragons was Dugan in his first couple of years at the club. Although Brett Morris could do a decent job at fullback when required.

possm

Coach
I am in agreement with you Lovemedragons. Watching Sloan's actions even in normal speed, I could see that he pushed down onto the ball and at that time I said phew he forced the ball only to see that Fonua-Blake then ground the ball requiring a closer look by the bunker. Even on replays in slow motion the ball was forced by Sloans fingers and if that was Slater or Tedesco, it would have been a goal-line dropout for effin sake.
Won wonders what would have been the ruling if in fact Sloan picked the ball up after forcing it and ran the length of the field to score a try?

BLM01

First Grade
Exactly, what about when he was caught way out of position, or just left the ball on his own goal line instead of attempting to catch it? People see the flashy stuff and pretend he's the God's gift. He's an okay back up player at best
And i was supporting Broncos last night for my financial interest in just leading my tipping comp and I was peeved when he got thrown over the sideline on play 1 not far after that

BLM01

First Grade
Yes, "accused" being the word, after jury took less than 1hr to reach a "Not Guilty" verdict with reports it should never have gone to court.
So in hindsight, if that was the reason it would have been the wrong call, unfortunately for him & us we decided he wasn't good enough to continue
True but he would of been stood down for a time similar to JDB if with us but the key is we decided to release him and he left before his incident happened, so it was a purely a decision based on he wont be as good as his dad and we had better options in Ramsay, Sloan etc.
Sloan still does similar stuff but Sailor is mid 20's

Latest posts