What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fulton says - "you are a coward brohman"

spider

Coach
Fulton is way out of line with what he said.
obviously he supports his mate

but his claim seemed to be a shot at brohman for the court action he took, then turned it into the way he played the game

was good for ratings none the less

andrew057

First Grade
spider said:
obviously he supports his mate

but his claim seemed to be a shot at brohman for the court action he took, then turned it into the way he played the game

was good for ratings none the less

Yeah I agree, but seriously how old is that idiot, youd think hed know better then to get into a verbal slinging match about something that really had nothing to do with him. Brohman wasnt much better, but I can understand why hed get emotional about the subject.

vlad

juniors
for the benefit of "nobody down here can read the couriermail" bozo ...

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22034452-5003409,00.html

Asked to describe their meeting last week, Boyd said: "I think he was sh****** himself. No doubt he's embarrassed by what happened. I admit what I did was not right but I apologised to the bloke during the game and again after the game, but he took it to the courts and sued me. That's life."

Brohman said: "Things were very frosty the other day. I've gone out of my way over the years to try and have a chat to him and be as amicable as I can, but he's not interested. Apparently Les was given carte blanche to do what he wanted. So be it. It was a long time ago and I've moved on. He means nothing in my life."

---------

all les had to say was 'no comment , that's all in the past' ... but like bozo , he's still living in the past .

fulton saying that elbowing blokes in the face was the way the game was played 24 years ago shows that he's lost his marbles . punchups , especially in origin games , were common but what les did was never part of the game .

brohman was 100% correct in what he did . If I was hadley I'd punt bozo for that outburst .

slippery nipeel

Juniors
Fulton great player has lost his marbles as a commentator that's for sure. First his one-eyed assessment that Jamie Lyon is the best defensive centre in the game and now this rubbish!!

gong_eagle

First Grade
THE full transcript of the on-air brawl between 2GB Continuous Call commentators Darryl Brohman and Bob Fulton.
Judy Boyd: Darryl, I just wanted to say I was quite offended by the article because I've been married to Les for 29 years and have never been embarrassed by him in my whole 29 years and I'm sure Australia, Manly, in his time with all of them, have never really been embarrassed by anything that happened. What happened, happened over 20 years ago. He paid his penalty both professionally and personally and what you thought of him, why he didn't look you in the eye, is he's not two-faced and maybe genuinely doesn't like you.
If this is the way you thought, why didn't you find him when you had the chance to up there, instead of putting it in the paper and putting myself and my family through that again?
Before making statements, maybe you should check with myself because myself, my children and my grandchild are very proud of him and of his achievements.
Darryl Brohman: It doesn't embarrass you that he elbowed someone in the head and gouged someone?
JB: Darryl, I know that he didn't mean to do it. I've lived with him and I know that what he did, he did probably on the spur of the moment.
DB: It doesn't embarrass you though? That he did it?
JB: No, because I know he didn't mean to do it. He didn't genuinely go out there and mean to hurt you. And I mean, do you think the young boy (Kane Cleal) whose jaw was broken the other day . . . I'm sure his family aren't really embarrassed because he wouldn't have meant to do it either.
DB: I'm sure it wasn't meant to be done by that player but let me say . . .
Bob Fulton: Well, what makes you think . . .
DB: Hang on, I'd like you to stay out of this, Bob.
BF: Well, I'm not going to.
DB: You think putting an elbow to the face of someone is an accident?
BF: No I don't, but he's paid the price, as Judy said, both from an embarrassment point of view and also from a legal sense because you're one of the few players that haven't let stay on the field what happens on the field.
DB: Correct.
BF: You were one of the first, actually.
DB: I probably was.
BF: There's a lot of old-fashioned people that wouldn't take too kindly to that.
DB: There probably is, Bob, but I still think it is my right.
BF: Can I tell you? It is your right, but it probably showed what sort of a person you really are.
DB: This is not your argument. I know you were probably coaching (Boyd) at the time.
BF: I did. I played with him, I went on Kangaroos tours with him.
DB: Well, you're entitled to stick up for him.
BF: Exactly. And that's exactly what I'm doing.
DB: And I'm going to say this to you. Do you think rugby league should be played by people who are prepared to elbow somebody?
BF: At that stage, that's the way the game was played.
DB: Oh rubbish. That is absolute crap.
BF: That's the way the game was played.
DB: That is absolute crap and you know it's crap.
BF: No I don't.
DB: And you're going to defend him.
BF: Oh sit down. Sit down.
DB: You're going to defend him. Are you telling me you're going to defend him?
BF: Yes, but not in relation to the actions, with what happened to you. Did you take legal action?
DB: Yes.
BF: Were you settled?
DB: Yes.
BF: And how much money did you get?
DB: I'm not telling you because it was settled outside of court.
BF: Yes exactly.
DB: So what's your point?
BF: The point is that you're the only person - I think there's one other person in the history of the game - that has taken legal action against another player for something that happened on the field.
DB: And it is my right to do so.
BF: It is your right, but it doesn't sort of exempt you from making a decision a lot of other players in that era would not have made.
DB: Fair enough, maybe they wouldn't have made it, but I made that decision to do it and I was backed up by some friends who agreed with me.
BF: And I know exactly why you did it. Exactly.
DB: Why?
BF: Do you need me to go into it?
DB: I want to know, you've never told me this. Tell me.
BF: Well, what have I called you on this program any number of times?
DB: Oh, fat flea, fat slob, which one?
BF: No, the one that really hurts you.
DB: Coward?
BF: Yep.
DB: And you believe that? You believe I'm a coward?
BF: Well, probably not, no.
DB: Well, which one is it, Bob?
BF: Well, OK. Well, you are.
DB: I'm a coward?
BF: Yeah. The way you played the game as far as I'm concerned. With the actions that you went on with Les Boyd, and that's why Darryl, let me tell you, that's why people haven't got respect for you, for that legal action that you took against Les.
DB: Yeah. Fair enough. So you reckon I'm a coward and Les isn't?
BF: I've played with him, I've played against him, right? At all levels and he's certainly not a coward. If you would've done it to him, just hypothetically if you would've done it to him, he wouldn't have done what you did.
DB: You know what? In your case, I think you are again way out of line here. At least I now know where you stand with regards to me, and Judy I'm sorry for doing this to you, you don't deserve all this stuff, but I'm going to say it. To me, rugby league is not about elbowing blokes in the eye, gouging them in the eye. You don't have to be tough to do that, you have to have something, in my opinion, that is wrong and the quicker we rub that out of the game the better. The game for mine is now a way better spectacle because of the actions they took against Les Boyd.
BF: The action taken by the league in relation to Les Boyd, fair enough, we're talking about the action taken by you against Les Boyd from a legal sense.
DB: And I was entitled to do that. Let me tell you, I had plenty of support for that as well, not from you obviously.
BF: I'm probably a bit old-fashioned. There you go.
DB: Well, maybe you are. But I decided to do it, and I did it, and it's finished.
BF: Well, it's not finished, because it's in the paper today, in chapter and verse .

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
There has to be an unwritten rule in rugby league doesn't there? That rule being DON"T SUE!
Look at the respect players who have sued have lost over the years because of their civil actions.
Brohman, the late great Steve Rogers, Jarrod McCracken....Brohman wouldn't be where he is today without that incident happening so get over it you fat heap, it was f**king 23 years ago, you got paid, are still getting paid, and yet you still bag the man who has given you your ride into the media.
The column in the Sunday Telegraph was way to over the top you FAT FOOL!

Brutus

Referee
I can't cop Fulton. He offers nothing for the game these days and is only known for being Rayyyss right hand man on a tragic show that delivers very little in terms of real RL talk. It's a shame one of the champion players has reverted to this. He record as a selector speaks for itself. Anyone could do a better job there.

I like Brohman and I think it's about time he stopped playing the fool on this gutter show and moved elsewhere. He is better than that and I have enjoyed listening to his thoughts on other programs he has fronted. He is great at mixing humour with the serious - all he does on 2GB is the clown act.

So 2 cowardly acts:
- one an elbow to the jaw of a player on a ground
- one a flurry of punches from a prop whilst his team mate held the little fullback's arms behind his back
Both perpetrated by the players of that soul-less, chequebook waving, whore of a club from blacktown with a beach

drake

First Grade
Brutus said:
I can't cop Fulton. He offers nothing for the game these days and is only known for being Rayyyss right hand man on a tragic show that delivers very little in terms of real RL talk. It's a shame one of the champion players has reverted to this. He record as a selector speaks for itself. Anyone could do a better job there.

I like Brohman and I think it's about time he stopped playing the fool on this gutter show and moved elsewhere. He is better than that and I have enjoyed listening to his thoughts on other programs he has fronted. He is great at mixing humour with the serious - all he does on 2GB is the clown act.
I agree about Brohman, I'd like to see him on a more reputable program. He's wasted on raaaaaaaaaay's crap.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Considering the case was settled well over 20 years ago, Brohman has absolutely no right to 'embarass' Boyd's wife on a public radio station, and certainly no right to defame a player over an incident that has been settled in a national paper. Part of settlement is supposed to indicate that you have been fairly compensated for the damages you have sustained. That is why it is called 'settlement'...

What Boyd did was wrong. Even back then.

I'm a bit old fashioned too. It should have stayed on the field.

Is Kane planing to sue for his injury?

Glenn

First Grade
Fulton should fug off all together, at the time of incident there was no insurance etc to cover loss of wages IMHO Brohman was well within his right to take it to court.
To call Brohman a coward for making sure he had money to live on while not playing (and assuming not working), is way over the top and he should be forced to issue a public apology.

The column isn't the point. The point is the dog act that started it all and that abortion of a coach who got by on arko's chequebook defending that grub of a player Boyd. Cheap shots aren't tough

Brutus

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Brohman should go back to 2SM and get rid of Gavin Robertson

That would be perfect.

Roberston can go to 2GB, he'd fit in well talking garbage.

Latest posts