What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fulton says - "you are a coward brohman"

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Exactly right. Silly thing to do. Bottom line is, Bozo shouldn't have joined the party.

roughyedspud

Coach
voltron said:
so it started with les saying something in a brissy paper?
does anyone have a link?

does'nt fulton say that?? he brings up the courier mail in the arguement with brohman??

might be wrong?

smeghead

Bench
Gotta love the line from Fulton "If it was me I wouldn't have taken legal action" ROFL How does he know this. Pure and simple Fultons career and livelihood was never put on the line by the actions of a cheap grub like Boyd so he has no basis on which to make that comment.

The name of Les Boyd is nothing more than a permanent black mark against our game. He crossed the line from the hard game of the 70's and 80's to the realms of cheap thuggery

was listeing to 2gb at the time.

fulton was wrong.

it took guts for brohman to go to court.

the ethos of it stays on the field is wrong.

RL is a tough sport already without any need for cheap shots when a player is unprotected. that brohman played a part in cleaning up RL is a good thing.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Thankyou Darryl for making the game safer for all players.

Players no longer can go out and simply take a player out, now they could be sued for blantant illegal play.

And to think this guy is a NSW selector and representative of the game. How embarrassing.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Im with the big mannnnnnnnnnn 100%, he probably helped change the game to some degree.

All these old blokes say oh the game had footballers but then and not athletes. The game had thugs back then. Why should anyone be rewarded for being a thug in sport when it doesnt/shouldnt be rewarded outside the game. Im not saying there werent great footballers back then, for sure there were but the games better for it now that they cleaned it up i reckon.

First grade footballer is tougher than ever, dont worry about that.

Brutus said:
I can't cop Fulton. He offers nothing for the game these days and is only known for being Rayyyss right hand man on a tragic show that delivers very little in terms of real RL talk. It's a shame one of the champion players has reverted to this. He record as a selector speaks for itself. Anyone could do a better job there.

I like Brohman and I think it's about time he stopped playing the fool on this gutter show and moved elsewhere. He is better than that and I have enjoyed listening to his thoughts on other programs he has fronted. He is great at mixing humour with the serious - all he does on 2GB is the clown act.

agree with most of that.

fulton as an immortal is faking a fool of himself these days.

Dodger said:
Judy made the call to 2GB, not the other way around, correct?

Yes, I assume thats correct but its not my point.

Aside from the rights or wrongs between the two directly involved, the family of either should not have been included in the article. Boyds family was and that was a poor choice by Brohman.

God-King Dean

Immortal
The way I see it...

Brohman had every right to sue. But there's no need to go to the papers to rubbish his Boyds name. You got your settlement, Boyd got suspended, it's done. This has just made Brohman look bad.

Bozo is old & should be put down.

Timmah

Staff member
"You're an embarrassment to yourself and your family, and an embarrassment to the game of rugby league."

That's hardly dragging family into it, it's simply an attempt to make Boyd feel shame, which he absolutely should.

Either way, Judy erased any "family stays out of it" by going into bat for her cat of a husband.

Timmah

Staff member
Immortal said:
The way I see it...

Brohman had every right to sue. But there's no need to go to the papers to rubbish his Boyds name. You got your settlement, Boyd got suspended, it's done. This has just made Brohman look bad.

The comments were made by Boyd at a function last week if the articles I'm reading are anything to go by.

The sh*t was being stirred long before the Big Mahn penned this column.

badav

Bench
Immortal said:
The way I see it...

Brohman wrote his newspaper coloumn in response to comments made last week by Les Boyd to the Brisbane based newspaper the courier mail.

Boyd basically said things like that Brohman is probably embarressed about what happened, and that he would have been sh*tting himself when they met at that charity function or whatever it was. Not to mention he threw up in the air about how the selectors told him to do what he did. 24 years after the fact, and after all the selectors are dead and cant respond to those comments.

I dont know about you but those comments deserve a response, and that was in Brohmans newspaper coloumn.

badav said:
I dont know about you but those comments deserve a response, and that was in Brohmans newspaper coloumn.

I agree with that point.

To bring the issue of a blokes family and that he is an embarrassment is not warranted and never should be. The issue should be kept between the people directly involved.

El Diablo

Post Whore
badav said:
Brohman wrote his newspaper coloumn in response to comments made last week by Les Boyd to the Brisbane based newspaper the courier mail.

Boyd basically said things like that Brohman is probably embarressed about what happened, and that he would have been sh*tting himself when they met at that charity function or whatever it was. Not to mention he threw up in the air about how the selectors told him to do what he did. 24 years after the fact, and after all the selectors are dead and cant respond to those comments.

Yup, Boyd started it. Why didn't Bonzo mention that??

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22034452-952,00.html

Dodger said:
The comments were made by Boyd at a function last week if the articles I'm reading are anything to go by.

The sh*t was being stirred long before the Big Mahn penned this column.

Emphasis being made on the underlined part of Immortals comment is the point. To illustrate the point it should read "to rubbish his family name"

Brohman had every right to sue. But there's no need to go to the papers to rubbish his Boyds name. You got your settlement, Boyd got suspended, it's done.

Latest posts