What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fulton says - "you are a coward brohman"

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
CrazyEel said:
Because what Brohman said was truth and it is idiotic to argue against the truth.
It's called loyalty - it is generally regarded as a positive trait to believe in loved ones even when the evidence would seem to be against them, and to support them when they get involved in conflicts.

CrazyEel

Bench
ShadesOfTheSun said:
It's called loyalty - it is generally regarded as a positive trait to believe in loved ones even when the evidence would seem to be against them, and to support them when they get involved in conflicts.
LOL, thanks for the lesson, very cute. :roll:

However, regardless of loyalty and support in private, venturing into the public domain to do so while having no regard to truth or fact is more generally regarded as self delusion.

It is idiotic to attempt to defend the indefensible in the public domain, sometimes even though you don't like it it's best to just walk away and let sleeping dogs lie rather than inviting joe bloe public into the debate.

dubby

Bench
Fulton you geriatric, has-been, cowardly, used-by sook.

At least Brohmans kids never got busted for stealing lobsters with Tezza...

ocko

juniors
not much doubt about fulton now- not that I had any before.

Then again, this whole thing could just be a big publicity stunt

Mr Saab

Referee
Could be a "work" but i doubt it.
Sick way to gather ratings if it a "work"....not that Raaaaaaaaay needs a ratings boost as he is always going on about how his show wins the ratings.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
Could be a "work" but i doubt it.
Sick way to gather ratings if it a "work"....not that Raaaaaaaaay needs a ratings boost as he is always going on about how his show wins the ratings.

One great positive for everyone out there: if Ray Hadley can go from driving cabs (geez - imagine him crapping on while you roll your eyes in the back) and earn squillions for being a loudmouth cabbie behind a microphone, there is hope for all of us. Don't let ugliness, lack of talent and embarrasing self-love stop you becoming a media star. What a great story.

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
CrazyEel said:
LOL, thanks for the lesson, very cute. :roll:

However, regardless of loyalty and support in private, venturing into the public domain to do so while having no regard to truth or fact is more generally regarded as self delusion.

It is idiotic to attempt to defend the indefensible in the public domain, sometimes even though you don't like it it's best to just walk away and let sleeping dogs lie rather than inviting joe bloe public into the debate.
There is little that is undeniably factual in the claim that Boyd is an embarrassment to Rugby League - he is certainly no John Hopoate - and as for him being an embarrassment to his family - well, who do you think would be better qualified to make that call? His wife or Brohman?

With regards to the incident itself, 'evidence' and 'proof' hasn't entered into the debate thus far - Boyd began the argument by claiming that his hit was accidental, and Brohman countered his assertion with sarcasm.

colonel_123

Juniors
ShadesOfTheSun said:
There is little that is undeniably factual in the claim that Boyd is an embarrassment to Rugby League - he is certainly no John Hopoate - and as for him being an embarrassment to his family - well, who do you think would be better qualified to make that call? His wife or Brohman?

With regards to the incident itself, 'evidence' and 'proof' hasn't entered into the debate thus far - Boyd began the argument by claiming that his hit was accidental, and Brohman countered his assertion with sarcasm.

That wasn't all Boyd claimed. Boyd also stated that "I think he was sh****** himself. No doubt he's embarrassed by what happened" in regards to a meeting with Brohman.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22034452-5003409,00.html

Brohman responded by saying that it is Boyd, not Brohman who should be embarrassed by the incident which then instigated the phone call by Boyd's wife.

Cougar3

Juniors
gregstar said:
that show lost its cred yonks ago.

their pathetic & petty agendas have overtaken any common sense or credibility that had previously existed on that show.

the show ceased to be of any worth to rugby league 7 years ago.

Yeah. 7 years ago. That was about the time Brohman started, wasn't it?

Cougar3

Juniors
Good on you Shades of the Sun. A rare person who comments on the incident itself, rather than just twisting things to their own agendas. At the end of the day, what it is is two blokes with different viewpoints stating what they genuinely believe. Brohman is not happy with Boyd and said so. Fulton is not happy with Brohman and said so too. I think Fulton referring to Brohman as a coward and then retracting was the fact that compared to the average Joe Bloe, Fulton knows that Brohman is not a coward, but compared to the footballers in the era Brohman played in, he was.

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
colonel_123 said:
That wasn't all Boyd claimed. Boyd also stated that "I think he was sh****** himself. No doubt he's embarrassed by what happened" in regards to a meeting with Brohman.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22034452-5003409,00.html

Brohman responded by saying that it is Boyd, not Brohman who should be embarrassed by the incident which then instigated the phone call by Boyd's wife.
My comment was just in regards to the intent behind the original collision; I know that that wasn't all that Boyd claimed, but the rest wasn't relevant to the debate CrazyEel and I are having (though he may disagree, in which case it is his prerogative to mention it). He argued that Boyd's wife was idiotic for attempting to defend the indefensible; I brought up the intentionality of the hit because it remained unproven by either man in their respective articles.

colonel_123

Juniors
ShadesOfTheSun said:
My comment was just in regards to the intent behind the original collision; I know that that wasn't all that Boyd claimed, but the rest wasn't relevant to the debate CrazyEel and I are having (though he may disagree, in which case it is his prerogative to mention it). He argued that Boyd's wife was idiotic for attempting to defend the indefensible; I brought up the intentionality of the hit because it remained unproven by either man in their respective articles.

Fair enough.

parra pete

Referee
TRY THIS QUICK QUIZ
Is it a conspiracy by the Fulton clan to get Brohman off the Continous Call team and replace him with Terry Hill (Fulton's son in law), bearing in mind the attack on Brohman in his column in the Sunday Telegraph the previous week, and Fulton's verbal stouch last Sunday.
Just wondering. Seems co-incidental , both attacking his strength of character. Hill insinuated that Brohman ran and hid after Les hit him in the jaw, and then Fulton branded him a 'coward'.
Are they trying to get the 'Big Marn' to snatch it ??????

icewind

Juniors
maybe not the best wording by Brohman, and he would probably edit that out given his time over again, but as regards the family member calling, what did she expect? "oh, sorry i take everything back mrs boyd. your husband was right and im wrong."

Thats right, stir the pot and cry foul when you get a reaction.

play with fire.... expect to get burnt.

etc. etc.