What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fulton says - "you are a coward brohman"

Avenger

Immortal
I know many people from the Northern Beaches League fraternity. From all reports Fulton is a merkin of a man. This reinforces their views. To think that this person is an immortal is downright pathetic.

big pat

Coach
it was all over years a go time to move on guys, boyd and brohman give yourselves an uppercut each.

Avenger

Immortal
The NRL also give these imbeciles exclusive rights to the game we love, while people like the Talkin Sport team are left with little but a cult following.

Wake up Gallop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JJ

Immortal
And Boyd's actions as a player are why he's an embarrassment and a disgrace

CrazyEel

Bench
ShadesOfTheSun said:
With the majority of posters on this issue. However:

It's idiotic to defend a family member when you hear them being attacked? You'd say nothing, I suppose, if you turned on the radio and someone you cared about was being talked about in unflattering terms?.
That is not accurate AFAIK, there was no mention of Boyd UNTILL she rang in and instigated the discussion. So what was her motive? Brohman's column in the DT was also just a response to Boyd's comments in the Courier mail so again the whole issue was instigated by Boyd.

guru2u

Juniors
It's about time Brohman got over it. He set a good example by taking Boyd to court and having Boyd accept his misdemeanor by settling out of court, and that's where it should end. Continued trial by media helps only one source...the media, aka, Brohman's employer.
As for Fulton, if anybody remembers football back then, they'll remember how Manly were a protected species (which isn't to say they aren't now et al mr Salary Cap Auditor). He was a wanka then and a wanka now and together with Mr Self Promotion Hadley, that 's why the continous call team is NOT for me.

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
CrazyEel said:
That is not accurate AFAIK, there was no mention of Boyd UNTILL she rang in and instigated the discussion. So what was her motive? Brohman's column in the DT was also just a response to Boyd's comments in the Courier mail so again the whole issue was instigated by Boyd.
I don't see how this makes my comment inaccurate. From the perspective of Boyd's wife, Boyd wrote a fairly harmless article, the primary purpose of which was to reveal the instructions allegedly given to him by the selectors. In passing, he mentioned that his hit was accidental. His comments were, for the most part, fairly innocuous. They were offensive to Brohman only insofar as they suggested that Brohman felt embarrassed about what had transpired.

Brohman has responded by calling Les a liar ("Of course it wasn't deliberate, Les. That is the way we were taught to tackle: you must run in with your elbow cocked at the head of an opponent. That should stop 'em, shouldn't it, Les?"), and calling him an embarrassment to rugby league and to his family.

Why exactly was it idiotic for Boyd's wife to wish to respond?

bartman

Immortal
People criticising Judy Boyd for calling seem to be forgetting the start of this thread - she was brought into it by by Brohman's article - attempting to shame Boyd (further) by using mention of his family.

She was just doing what anyone else would do, once they'd been brought into an argument, by calling up to defend her place. I suspect she knew what she'd cop by doing so, and Bozo took umbrage at Brohman's pursuit of the family member on air rather than the person he has an issue with.

To me no-one comes out of this smelling of roses, just a symptom to the type of radio show the 2GB team has become over the years, with snide derogatory attacks on anyone - this time they turned it on themselves. Brohman and Bozo can both disappear from the airwaves for all anyone should care. As someone said there's a stack of 90s ex-players and coaches who could do a similar job. Out with the old, in with the new! The game has moved on...

smeghead

Bench
ShadesOfTheSun said:
I don't see how this makes my comment inaccurate. From the perspective of Boyd's wife, Boyd wrote a fairly harmless article, the primary purpose of which was to reveal the instructions allegedly given to him by the selectors. In passing, he mentioned that his hit was accidental. His comments were, for the most part, fairly innocuous. They were offensive to Brohman only insofar as they suggested that Brohman felt embarrassed about what had transpired.

Brohman has responded by calling Les a liar ("Of course it wasn't deliberate, Les. That is the way we were taught to tackle: you must run in with your elbow cocked at the head of an opponent. That should stop 'em, shouldn't it, Les?"), and calling him an embarrassment to rugby league and to his family.

Because for once Brohman was right. Her husband is an embarassment to the game and any decent human being would be embarassed if their family member carried out an action the same as Boyd did in that Origin

JJ

Immortal
ShadesOfTheSun said:

It's not idiotic...

But it's idiotic for Boyd to claim Brohman bought his family into it...

Hard to see how it was accidental, really... it had very little to do with tackling

does Boyd claim the gouge was accidental too?

bartman

Immortal
Geez, are you blokes reading the same articles that I'm reading, that are linked here?

How can you saw Brohman didn't bring Boyd's family into it when it;s there in black and white?

Totally separate to the elbow itself, the selectors instructions, the court case, and Fulton blowing up... some people just can't see that Brohman made his own boo boo in print when he didn't have to, and then followed up by stupidly pursuing Boyd's wife further when she called in?

Not defending Bozo here at all, but just pointing out that Brohman acted like a tool as well, and - almost to prove Bozo's point? - played the big sooky mama and called management meetings over the whole handbags at ten paces situation... They should sod off the lot of them, and the NRL should spread the radio rights among a range of stations.

JJ

Immortal
Nobody here is perfect, but have you missed Boyd's original comments implying that Brohman should be the one ashamed, and according to Boyd couldn't look him in the eye...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Brohman didn't categorically bring in Boyd's family, if you truly believe that then something's going wrong.

His remark was written with the sole intent of bringing shame to Les Boyd, noone else. "You've brought shame to your family" while perhaps wasn't the best text to put in because it's left open to interpretation, was thrown in with a number of other groups of people who should feel embarrassed by the actions of Boyd.

As far as I'm concerned Boyd was a cheap thug and Brohman was in the right in most ways. Perhaps the family remark was a little offside but there was no intent to attack or shame Judy or the Boyd family, and Judy surely would've known calling 2GB would've inflamed the situation.

TBH I actually think the switchboard operators at 2GB should wear a bit of the blame, why would you put Judy through knowing what would happen?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
JJ said:
Nobody here is perfect, but have you missed Boyd's original comments implying that Brohman should be the one ashamed, and according to Boyd couldn't look him in the eye...

That's what too many people fail to realise. :crazy:

Brutus

Referee
What was broadcast on Sunday was embarrassing. On behalf of the Continuous Call Team, I apologise to our audience who expect more

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The entire show is based around immature, gutter talk. Your audience wouldn't expect anything less.