What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fulton says - "you are a coward brohman"

Cougar3

Juniors
icewind said:
maybe not the best wording by Brohman, and he would probably edit that out given his time over again, but as regards the family member calling, what did she expect? "oh, sorry i take everything back mrs boyd. your husband was right and im wrong."

Thats right, stir the pot and cry foul when you get a reaction.

play with fire.... expect to get burnt.

etc. etc.

Well Brohman wrote the article - there's plenty of time for revision before the final printing.
Fulton spoke off the cuff - does he get the same leniency?

CrazyEel

Bench
ShadesOfTheSun said:
There is little that is undeniably factual in the claim that Boyd is an embarrassment to Rugby League - he is certainly no John Hopoate - and as for him being an embarrassment to his family - well, who do you think would be better qualified to make that call? His wife or Brohman?

With regards to the incident itself, ' evidence' and 'proof' hasn't entered into the debate thus far - Boyd began the argument by claiming that his hit was accidental, and Brohman countered his assertion with sarcasm.
LOL, c'mon, not even in never never land would tinker bell buy that, your moving all over the place.

Lets have no misunderstanding about this, Boyd himself re-opened this can of worms into the public arena with his self justification and cheap shots at Brohman. Brohman got pissed off and fired back but Boyd instigated it. Problem Boyd has is it's too early to attempt to re-write history because too many of us, the public, can quite readily recall the entire incident along with the aftermath.

You obviously weren't around at the time so maybe I should put this in a bit of context for you. It was very clearly stated at the time by the NSWRL and ARL, and regurgated ad nauseum in the media, that Boyd's act was 'an embarrasement to the game'. So much so that many wanted him banned for life. I am not going to debate evidence of intent with you because it is ridiculous, that was well and clearly established 24 years ago by the relevant authorities who were satisfied it was intentional not to mention Boyd's own out of court settlement so lets not even try and digress down that path.

My final say on it is Boyd's wife was Idiotic to allow herself to be manipulated by GB/fulton and get dragged into a public slanging match 24 years after the event just because her hubby got put back in his place for attempting to re-write history. FFS, she kept quite for 24 years so why voice it now, can't win, if she condones what he did then what's that say about her, if she doesn't then she should have been embarrassed by it the same as the rest of us were.

Now I actually like Boyd because he's not a bad bloke but there is no disputing the incident in question was a dog act, an embarrassment to the game and can't be justified under any circumstances and it is idiotic to attempt to do so.

That's my final say on it.

Cougar3

Juniors
And yet Artie Beetson's punch to the head of Mick Cronin in the very first State of Origin has gone down in Origin folklore.

CrazyEel

Bench
Cougar3 said:
And yet Artie Beetson's punch to the head of Mick Cronin in the very first State of Origin has gone down in Origin folklore.
You've obviously seen niether and if you don't know the difference between the actions of Beetson and Boyd then it's pointless explaining it to you.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Was that seriously his apology. What a load of token garbage. I was actually listening on Sunday and I didn't hear Brohman say anything offensive towards Boyd's wife. He was asked questions and responded.

Fulton is an idiot and should never have got involved. I have lost any ounce of respect I had for Fulton.

Cougar3

Juniors
CrazyEel said:
You've obviously seen niether and if you don't know the difference between the actions of Beetson and Boyd then it's pointless explaining it to you.

I have seen both. What I fail to see is how Beetson's act is not considered thuggery, same as Meninga on O'Connor when O'Connor was on the ground with the ball in one hand.

Unfortunately, I am not surprised about people's bias.

You trying to explain anything to me would be pointless, I grant you.

CrazyEel

Bench
Cougar3 said:
You trying to explain anything to me would be pointless, I grant you.
LOL, pay that, a good comeback, even if somewhat self righteous and judgemental :lol:

Brutus

Referee
A clearly aggrieved Hadley said: "The biggest apology I can make is to our listeners. It was self-indulgent crap."
"They don’t want to listen to that sort of rubbish - they want to be entertained and informed - and they won't be hearing that again."
"I can give you a gold-plated guarantee."

Another classic quote from Ray :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave Q

Coach
Bozo and Ray are always calling Daryl rude names on the show and Daryl plays the clown accordingly.

Its not meant to be about football at all. They moved away from that ages ago. Football is just the platform.

The world has gone beyond laughing at footballers trying to be funny ( the footy show formula). People are getting tired of jokes aimed at year 7 intelligence levels and silly songs. People dont want to listen to kids calling up and Ray being nice to them every 20 minutes. He can save that for his week day show.

They migt be better to bring in professional comedians to add some genuine colour to their routines.

The ABC takes the game up to year 9 if you can put up with Wok's anti esl musings.

Apart from HG and Roy, the best of an ordinary bunch is the 2MMM Monday night call.

At least they dont spend hours on self promotion.

Time for cuddles between Daz and Bozo and then dropkick them both into oblivion.

Haldey is the new John Laws, he will be around to bore us for years.

Andrew Moore is the only one amongst them with any substance. He is hyper-critical as raised before, but he is tolerably so. Has the best potential.

gong_eagle

First Grade
By Dean Ritchie

July 18, 2007
TELEGRAPH
POWERFUL 2GB owner John Singleton urged the combatants of the "Continuous Brawl Team" to move on after Bob Fulton said sorry on air yesterday - but Darryl Brohman is still awaiting a personal apology.
Fulton admitted it was "inappropriate" to label Brohman a coward during a bitter argument on radio 2GB on Sunday, sparked when Les Boyd's wife Judy rang to defend her husband against Brohman's criticism in print.
It is believed however that Brohman was not entirely satisfied and still wants Fulton to personally apologise.
But Singleton, owner of 2GB, said the drama should now end.
"Twelve hours a weekend on air, six hours Saturday, six hours Sunday - the same blokes for how many years - I wonder how there hasn't been more run-ins," Singleton said.
"They'll work it out. Enough has been said."
Fulton yesterday said his words had been prompted by Brohman's demeanour to Judy Boyd.
"I'm a bit embarrassed by what happened," Fulton said.
"I was sitting in the broadcast box and listening to Darryl speaking to Judy when, in my opinion, he crossed the line.
"What I said was to stick up for Judy and given our friendship, I became emotionally involved.
"I said some things that were not appropriate in relation to Darryl.
"He was obviously offended by what has transpired over the past couple of days and for that I apologise."
Brohman said he had not heard Fulton's comments, which came on Ray Hadley's morning show.
"I haven't heard it yet and until I do with my own ears I won't be making any statement," he said.
Fulton said he did not condone Boyd's elbow to Brohman's face, the catalyst for the 24-year-old feud.
"I - along with a number of other people, Jack Gibson included - embarked on a program to clean up the game," Fulton said.

Stagger eel

Staff member
keep going lads keep going...the more this pans out the more it makes the NRL looklike a bunch of knobs.

smeghead

Bench
Now it's changed from Brohman is a coward to "I wqs a pioneer in cleaning up this game" FFS I wish he had just dissapeared into obsurity after football. That way people could remember him for the great player he was and not the tool he is

bartman

Immortal
Dodger said:
Brohman didn't categorically bring in Boyd's family, if you truly believe that then something's going wrong.

His remark was written with the sole intent of bringing shame to Les Boyd, noone else. "You've brought shame to your family" while perhaps wasn't the best text to put in because it's left open to interpretation, was thrown in with a number of other groups of people who should feel embarrassed by the actions of Boyd.
You're not making sense Dodge. You're saying Brohman left it open to interpretation, but claiming any intepretation other than yours about the family issue isn't right? And then claiming to know Brohman's intent? He chose the words to have that desired effect, so he knew exactly what he was trying to do, and it was out of line imo.

So suck eggs both Daryl and Bozo! Hopefully they'll both be off the airwaves next year through their with their stupidity and petulance. And we'll get some commentators interested in talking about the action and issues in rugby league today, instead of stroking their own egos.

Brutus

Referee
I'm glad this pathetic feud has exposed to many just what garbage the Continuous Call Team is and how the NRL deserves a kick in the backside for endorsing the tripe.

The show is one big self-indulgent piece of crap where it's more about the panel members than the game itself. Gallop should be ashamed.