What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fulton says - "you are a coward brohman"

Dave Q

Coach
Certainly a number of players have turned the other cheek to the rough stuff and there is still some support for that kind of raw courage. People remain fascinated by the biff. Thats understandable.

I recall the hit in question, without doubt, one of the worst acts of violence Ive seen in the game. No attempt at tackling him, just took him out. In those days, he probably was encouraged to hurt someone and his young mind was overawed.

Of course he was a tough player and a good player notwithstanding that incident. He is well liked and respected by a number of people. Some say he has felt badly about it for many years. That he has paid the price. I forgive him anyway.

And it seems to me that Brohman was entitled to take the action he did and reach the settlement reached. I think it was about $45,000.00 which was quite a lot in those days. That was just and right. Boyd did the wrong thing.

I know some things about Bozo that I cant say here. They do not commend him.

I dont especially enjoy his sense of humour, although I accept that others might. He has done a lot of charity work over the years.

I think this stoush is moving the issue ahead towards a reconcilliation at a later time. That is a good thing.

I dont think Brohman should be too haughty or proud and I think Bozo has to accept that the game has moved on past him.

These lads belong to a forgotten era, their continued presence in this one is surprising. Theres a generation of 1990's footballers not getting much radio air time.

Andrew Moore is an underrated and very good broadcaster, Blocker is OK but the rest of the show gets a bit tiring at times. They spend too much time on themselves. Theres only so much self-publicity one can handle in an hour.

Warren Ryan is good on the ABC but he pushes his barrows pretty hard as well.

Theres a lot of things these guys miss.

adamkungl

Immortal
I'm undecided on this. I guess it's an issue about drawing the line between 'what happens on the field stays on the field' which I am a firm believer of, and acts of pure violence which off the field could result in a jail term. But to bring it up in the paper seems pretty petulant. Also, I enjoy their show and if ratings are to be believed a hell of a lot of other people do too. I'd listen to their commentary over any other, Nine's is getting increasingly worse as Rabs gets older (and possible more senile), not to mention Voss is an utter moron, ABC and TripleM are ok, and the Fox team are just horrid. Especially the Kiwi ones. Hadley and Moore are the best going around in my opinion. As for the show itself, the songs are getting way too prominent, I used to enjoy them but they're getting less original and played too often.

OVP

Coach
Brutus said:
I can't cop Fulton. He offers nothing for the game these days and is only known for being Rayyyss right hand man on a tragic show that delivers very little in terms of real RL talk. It's a shame one of the champion players has reverted to this. He record as a selector speaks for itself. Anyone could do a better job there.

I like Brohman and I think it's about time he stopped playing the fool on this gutter show and moved elsewhere. He is better than that and I have enjoyed listening to his thoughts on other programs he has fronted. He is great at mixing humour with the serious - all he does on 2GB is the clown act.

Brutus has hit the nail on the head with this one imo. Very nice post Brutus. Brohman is FAR too good for that absolute rubbish, that the idiot Gallop FORCES the majority to listen to. Why wont you let other stations call the game Gallop ? Its not like the NRL would lose any money ... to me that's a disgrace how this joke of a station, with parading Parrot feathers abounding, gets the 100% call. Gallop, thou art a git.

spider

Coach
Boyd threatens to sue

FALLOUT from radio 2GB's spiteful on-air rugby league showdown took a dramatic twist last night when former firebrand Les Boyd declared he is considering legal action against Darryl Brohman.

Twenty-four years after Brohman sued Boyd for the notorious State of Origin elbow in 1983, Boyd has his legal team assessing Brohman's strident opinions in print and on air at the weekend.

The debate caused Brohman and fellow 2GB Continuous Call member Bob Fulton to have a heated on-air argument.

Brohman asked Judy Boyd - a talkback caller - whether she felt her husband Les was an "embarrassment" before Fulton intervened angrily.

Fulton called Brohman a "coward" on-air and questioned Brohman's decision to sue Boyd after the elbow.

Today on Ray Hadley's morning program, Fulton will formally apologise to Brohman.

The apology will follow a meeting yesterday involving Hadley, Brohman, Macquarie Radio CEO Angela Clark, Continuous Call members Steve Roach and Andrew Moore and assistant program director Trevor Long. Fulton is holidaying interstate.

The Daily Telegraph understands the meeting failed to settle the drama and that 2GB will release a statement today.

Boyd told The Daily Telegraph he was considering legal action against Brohman.

"I'm getting my solicitors to have a look at it," Boyd said.

"For him to say I'm an embarrassment to my family and rugby league . . . he's kidding. I couldn't give a s... about him. It doesn't mean anything to me. It was 24 years ago.

"The only thing I'm filthy about is him bringing my family into it. I could give it back to him, give him a real bake, but I'm over him."

Sources close to Fulton claim he remains "absolutely furious" at the way Brohman spoke to Judy Boyd.

Hadley would not comment yesterday but said on-air: "What was broadcast on Sunday was embarrassing. On behalf of the Continuous Call team, I apologise to our audience who expect more."

It is understood Hadley - battling the flu - left yesterday's meeting early, frustrated at the problems.

At the meeting, Brohman questioned why Fulton had not rung him to apologise.

"It was resolved at the meeting that there would be a public apology by Bob on Ray's show," Clark said.

Brohman's manager Steve Gillis said his client had not yet considered quitting 2GB.

"At this stage Darryl has no intention of resigning but I know he would appreciate a personal apology from Bob Fulton," Gillis said.

"As far as I know, Darryl and Bob haven't spoken since the incident last Sunday."

LINK

OVP

Coach
spider said:
lol - he needs to rewind i think and look at the situation again

hahah you beat me to it .... didnt Les's idiot wife ring in first ? No judge would back you Les the Thug unless his name was Fulton :roll:. Give it a rest you serial thug.

spider

Coach
he is pretty quick on the up draw 'ol les

I couldn't give a s... about him. It doesn't mean anything to me. It was 24 years ago.

but yet....

andrew057

First Grade
lol Boyd is just digging his hole deeper and deeper, its not ok to sue someone for taking away your chance to represent Australia and your source of income deliberately but its ok to sue someone for calling you and embarrassment. Not to mention what you guys said about how it was his wife who rang in.

Also if he doesnt give a sh*t about it why was he the person to bring it up in the courier mail? Boyd is sounding more and more like an idiot daily.

vlad

juniors
bet they're already recording the painfully unfunny song to go with this sorry saga .

gong_eagle

First Grade
By Dean Ritchie
July 17, 2007 12:00am

FALLOUT from radio 2GB's spiteful on-air rugby league showdown took a dramatic twist last night when former firebrand Les Boyd declared he is considering legal action against Darryl Brohman.
Twenty-four years after Brohman sued Boyd for the notorious State of Origin elbow in 1983, Boyd has his legal team assessing Brohman's strident opinions in print and on air at the weekend.
The debate caused Brohman and fellow 2GB Continuous Call member Bob Fulton to have a heated on-air argument.
Brohman asked Judy Boyd - a talkback caller - whether she felt her husband Les was an "embarrassment" before Fulton intervened angrily.
Fulton called Brohman a "coward" on-air and questioned Brohman's decision to sue Boyd after the elbow.
Today on Ray Hadley's morning program, Fulton will formally apologise to Brohman.
The apology will follow a meeting yesterday involving Hadley, Brohman, Macquarie Radio CEO Angela Clark, Continuous Call members Steve Roach and Andrew Moore and assistant program director Trevor Long. Fulton is holidaying interstate.
The Daily Telegraph understands the meeting failed to settle the drama and that 2GB will release a statement today.
"For him to say I'm an embarrassment to my family and rugby league . . . he's kidding. I couldn't give a s... about him. It doesn't mean anything to me. It was 24 years ago.
"The only thing I'm filthy about is him bringing my family into it. I could give it back to him, give him a real bake, but I'm over him."
Sources close to Fulton claim he remains "absolutely furious" at the way Brohman spoke to Judy Boyd.
Hadley would not comment yesterday but said on-air: "What was broadcast on Sunday was embarrassing. On behalf of the Continuous Call team, I apologise to our audience who expect more."
It is understood Hadley - battling the flu - left yesterday's meeting early, frustrated at the problems.
At the meeting, Brohman questioned why Fulton had not rung him to apologise.
"It was resolved at the meeting that there would be a public apology by Bob on Ray's show," Clark said.
Brohman's manager Steve Gillis said his client had not yet considered quitting 2GB.
"At this stage Darryl has no intention of resigning but I know he would appreciate a personal apology from Bob Fulton," Gillis said.
"As far as I know, Darryl and Bob haven't spoken since the incident last Sunday."

*SOURCE: http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22084276-5001023,00.html *

gregstar

Referee
typical bully.

can dish out the gutless eye-gouges & stiff arms & elbows to the head & kick players in scrums. but as soon as something as simple as words are directed at him in response to his acrimonious statements, he bleets like a fairy.

here's a reality check for you stupid.

brohman responded to your claims in the courier mail.

your wife (understandably) rang the radio programme.

do us a favour - f*ck off & take fulton with you. the game is much bigger & better without you both.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I love it...I absolutely love it.

Gallop and the nRL must be regretting their decision to give this joke of a station the exclusive rights.

Stagger eel

Staff member
adamkungl said:
I'm undecided on this. I guess it's an issue about drawing the line between 'what happens on the field stays on the field' which I am a firm believer of, and acts of pure violence which off the field could result in a jail term. But to bring it up in the paper seems pretty petulant. Also, I enjoy their show and if ratings are to be believed a hell of a lot of other people do too. I'd listen to their commentary over any other, Nine's is getting increasingly worse as Rabs gets older (and possible more senile), not to mention Voss is an utter moron, ABC and TripleM are ok, and the Fox team are just horrid. Especially the Kiwi ones. Hadley and Moore are the best going around in my opinion. As for the show itself, the songs are getting way too prominent, I used to enjoy them but they're getting less original and played too often.

ok, so you're the footy fan who enjoys the show? I was wondering who it was

gregstar said:
typical bully.

can dish out the gutless eye-gouges & stiff arms & elbows to the head & kick players in scrums. but as soon as something as simple as words are directed at him in response to his acrimonious statements, he bleets like a fairy.

here's a reality check for you stupid.

brohman responded to your claims in the courier mail.

your wife (understandably) rang the radio programme.

do us a favour - f*ck off & take fulton with you. the game is much bigger & better without you both.

Spot on.

Fulton should be removed from any official capacity immediately.

JJ

Immortal
Les Boyd akways was an embarrassment - and it gets worse.

It's a shame that an 'immortal' continues to embarrass himself in this way too

Mr Saab

Referee
adamkungl said:
Hadley and Moore are the best going around in my opinion.

Bullshyte.
Moore is a hero in the box. Rips into players unmercifully for any little error they do....massive overreaction at times when listening to him and watching the game at the same time.
10 yrs ago he was good, as he CALLED the game...now he just unleashes the frustration he builds up thru a working week....he is like a weekend warrior.
I guess Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay has used his Jedi mind tricks on Moore.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
S.S.T.I.D said:

Agreed. Arrogant prat who Hadley worships. 2 massive egos who contribute nothing to the game. They lagh at Vautin but suffer the same failing - they both think they're genuinely funny, clever entertainers. It's pathetic. Rugby league discussion - with a touch of humour - is what fans want. Not humour, humour, humour then a mention of rugby league then more humour - especially when the humour is NOT FUNNY.

Next thing, Vautin's son-in-law, Terry Hill will join in.

I don't listen to 2GB, haven't for years. But, when I have heard Brihman, he's pretty good - quite funny and doesn't take himself too seriously.

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
With the majority of posters on this issue. However:

OVP said:
didnt Les's idiot wife ring in first ?
It's idiotic to defend a family member when you hear them being attacked? You'd say nothing, I suppose, if you turned on the radio and someone you cared about was being talked about in unflattering terms?

Boyd was and is a thug and a moron, but that doesn't make his wife an idiot for supporting him.