What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funniest thing you have seen during a game?

Eelementary

Post Whore
strewth_mate said:
Sean Rudder being tackled by a couple of blokes to the point where he was past the horizontal, they realise this and keep rotating him round 360 degrees to put him back on his feet. From the look on his face Rudder loved it.

Also Rudder getting a wedgie in a tackle, then when he gets up he walks over the ball, not playing it at all, totally focussed on retreiving the daks from his crack, then getting penalised.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Johns' reputation as a feared opponent in a scrap. Especially coming off second best to the man-mountain Luke Burt.

Burt didn't connect anything! They were all love-taps!

MKEB...

Staff member
How about Penrith St George.
Marg Geyer taking a swing at Scott Gourley, he misses and smacks John Cartwright in the teeth.,

paulb88

Juniors
Michael Witt playing premier league for Parra. Got up out of a tackle yelling and motioning at the ref that a player from the opposition grabbed him on his privates. No video replay yet the ref promptly awarded a penalty to parra, however the ref didn't gesture what the penalty was for

Ant

Juniors
God just listened to that Jimmy Dymock one, thanks for that. Had me in stitches all over again.

Funniest thing as soon as he says it you hear all the commentary team crack up laughing. Veyr funny stuff, particularly Jimmy having a laugh as he's being penalised.

last year in the Parra V ??? match when the eels were getting hammered and a bloke ran onto the field full of drink, and when the security tried to grab him, he apparently yelled out "SOME BASTARDS GOTTA MAKE A TACKLE !!!!!"

this is a great thread

Utey

Coach
hillbillyjazzer1954 said:
last year in the Parra V ??? match when the eels were getting hammered and a bloke ran onto the field full of drink, and when the security tried to grab him, he apparently yelled out "SOME BASTARDS GOTTA MAKE A TACKLE !!!!!"

this is a great thread

vs Newy.

parra pete

Referee
And it was Newcastle getting hammered...
The start of the Newcastle v Parra game this year - with the antics of 'serial pest' Peter Hoare - was funny, especially letting the cats go.....What a classic :lol:

Fibroman

First Grade
Watching Ricky Stuart's face when his 'benchmark' goosters got smashed by the mighty pamffers in the 2003 GF. GOLD!

gallagher

Juniors
Late eighties.
During a srum Les Davidson punched Peter Kelly so hard his headgear went flying. Kelly didnt even flinch, he just looked at the ref and pointed at Davidson. The expression on his face was priceless.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Marty Bella dropping the kickoff in the 1994 GF was another. You sorta knew that Canberra were going to take the game after that.

Another is watching Russell Smith referee. One gem (though it sure wasn't funny at the time) was when he reffed the Saints vs Penrith match early last season, and penalised Ben Hornby, saying "If you had passed the ball it would have been obstruction". To which Ben replied "But I didn't pass the ball..." Needless to say, the penalty still stood.

*Paul*

Juniors
I recall Mark Hohn tackling one of his teammates when playing for the Crushers. It was a fair dinkum one too, I reckon it was because he just wasn't familiar enough with the Crushers jumper.

Mike Eden in a mid-week game, makes a tackle, but as he's disengaging, through no fault of his own, he ends up with football. A priceless scene ensues as he desperately tries to give the ball back before the ref notices, but alas, too late and he gets nicked.

Special K

Coach
Les Davidson owning two dragons.

from www.eraofthebiff.com

Les had tackled, and fairly tackled a Saints forward and stood up as you do to mark the tackled player at the play the ball. The tackled St George forward got to his feet and with the ball still locked up under one hand started punching Les about the head with his free hand. (Stupid thing to do I'd say) Les looked in the direction of the Ref as to say what do I do, as this player kept throwing punches.

Les retaliated to this barrage by landing one sharp punch to the Saints player knocking him cold. As the linesman was sprinting in another Saints player ran about 10 metres and started throwing punches at Les again. (another stupid act I'd say) Les took some defensive posturing but let fly in defence with another cracker of a blow and down went the second Saints player like an elevator.

Les stood his ground and was now standing over two maggoted saints players who were both prone on the deck. The Linesman arrived as the ref arrived and Les just sort of gestured, "it wasn't my fault" and the ref agreed penalising the first prone Saints player for starting it.

parra pete

Referee
Mark Carrol demolishing the Lomax bothers in consecutive weeks, on the first tackle of the match..one with Newcastle, one with the Cowdies, especially as David, I think it was, said he was looking to square up for the hit on brother John. Same type of tackle same result. A ride on the Medi cab. It wasn't funny that that were injured, the timing was what made it 'amusing'.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Azkatro said:
Mark Riddell's try celebration a few years back at Dairy Farmer's where he hopped the fence, took a seat in the empty area and applauded towards the field was good stuff.

It was at WIN, against NQ.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Raiders PL team a few seasons ago, cant remember who they played.

we got to the game fairly early to watch the SG Ball and PL sides play so we pretty much sat as close to the action as we could.

just before halftime, a team scores against the PL raiders, one of the raiders (cant remember who it was) was doing the nose cleaning thing, he ended up spraying the trainer with snot, the trainer hadnt noticed since it him in on his back, the player never said anything infact he laughed and pointed as another team mate began cracking up.

maelgwnau

Juniors
it was a couple years back at parra stadium Parra vs Knights Brad Drew's banana kick instead of a dropout

melon....

Coach
The Android, boring robot, Ryles Getting absolutely smashed at the SFS on Anzac Day 2002 I think, and watching him get up and play the ball facing the wrong way.

I knew then we had a mong in our midst.

Latest posts