What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funniest thing you have seen during a game?

Green Machine

First Grade
Back in (I think) 1983, St George and Manly were on a Sunday Night replay on Channel 10. Rocket Reddy eye gouged Les Boyd and a blue broke out and Rocket and Les went hammer and tongs. The referee sent them to the sin bin for fighting. About a minute before they were due to come back on the field, the sideline camera picked up Rocket and Les standing together in the players race, laughing. Ray Warren commented over the top, “that looks strange”

Munky

Coach
Ben sh*tlowski vs The Cowboys last year.

From his opening hitup I couldn't stop laughing at him being smashed and losing 5 metres every tackle.

Raider_69

Post Whore
some absolute corkers in this thread

McKinnon having a slash is hard to beat, closely followed by marty bella in origin and Jimmy Dymocks "yea i hammered him"

Stranger

Coach
When walker was running the ball under the posts and stirring up the chaser, blowing him kisses and what not... only to knock-on the ball in the put down :lol:

Karma at its greatest!

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Breadman said:
Toovey getting his ugly head stomped on by MacDougall.
If it was anyone else but Toovey I wouldn't have found it funny
Yeah really funny watching someone get their eyesocket smashed up :roll: Wanker.

Special K

Coach
Harold Bishop said:
Lol... Sullivan is a goose, im sure he would have been hammered by the coach at training.
Opes found the game to be one of the funniest things he had ever seen... :?

I'd say from that game when Phil Bailey was captain and was called out for a penalty and when Hayne said something Bailey goes "well send him off too" :lol:

jamesgould

Juniors
Eddie Ward penalising Tony Butterfield for packing into as scrum too hard + Butts saying "I'm a front-rower, that's what I do."

Shane Whearet racing away for a try for Easts, Ray Warren yells out "He'll score!!!", Whearet pulls a hamstring and collapses in agony.

jamesgould

Juniors
simon says said:
Donny Macs wee is hard to beat....but Mannix's 90 metres run for the dogs and him knocking on over the line with no one within 30 metres of him has to be close though.

Unless you are a dogs fan

Fenech getting falconed is up there too.

How bout the Menzies falcon that went about 30 metres and just about knocked him out?

Softie!

jamesgould

Juniors
Ooh, Andrew Gee tapping the ball on his 20 but not letting go vs Easts in 96 was another shocker. Match winning penalty right in front after full-time.

Possibly redeemed himself with his 40-20 vs the Knights though!

Mr Saab

Referee
Broncs vs Raiders 2000 at ANZ stadium. McFadden kicks the ball, but his shoe goes with hit and travels at least 30m in the air...almost as far as the ball

panthergirl91

Juniors
My parents both eels fans reminded me of this one, eels fans you probably remember this one too.
Last yr when eels vs dragons at parra and trent barret and pj marsh had that punch up and while that was happening wade mckinnon went and scored that try that was allowed with no dragon player trying to tackle him because they were all in the biff.I was at that game with my family and we couldn't stop giving s**t to the dragon fans behind us after that.

Bumble

First Grade
Yeah, Dallalana (not Sullivan or Bird) going for a field goal was quite good, Ben Walker telling Kimmorley to **** off after Kimmorley started whinging to the ref for about the 12th time in the game in Round 26 last year was brilliant too.

innsaneink

Referee
Danny Nutley giving Linc Withers a gobful for taking a dive, and Withers regaining his feet sheepishly, knowing he's been sprung - red faced with tail between the legs.

Stranger

Coach
Another halftime one, was where they get out those giant inflatible balls, they stand about 3m tall. The object of the game is to push them to a try line. But they absolutely hammer people. I remember Bruce Paige, a brisbane newsreader, running up to the ball and getting totally smashed knocked on his arse about 5 m backwards. He had to be carried off. Lucky he had headgear on.

They are awsome to watch! :lol:

strewth_mate

Bench
Sean Rudder being tackled by a couple of blokes to the point where he was past the horizontal, they realise this and keep rotating him round 360 degrees to put him back on his feet. From the look on his face Rudder loved it.

Also Rudder getting a wedgie in a tackle, then when he gets up he walks over the ball, not playing it at all, totally focussed on retreiving the daks from his crack, then getting penalised.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Johns' reputation as a feared opponent in a scrap. Especially coming off second best to the man-mountain Luke Burt.

Latest posts