What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funniest thing you have seen during a game?

It was a play off for a semi final at the S.C.G on a mid week night in 1984 between Souths and Canberra,and George Piggins replaced Mario during the game.As Mario came from the field,Mario starting yelling to the trainer "Where's f****** George" several times.I also have to agree the Fred Teasdel with the yo yo was quite funny.

jamesgould

Juniors
Newcastlerabbit said:
It was a play off for a semi final at the S.C.G on a mid week night in 1984 between Souths and Canberra,and George Piggins replaced Mario during the game.As Mario came from the field,Mario starting yelling to the trainer "Where's f****** George" several times.I also have to agree the Fred Teasdel with the yo yo was quite funny.

Has anyone else ever seen the Peter Sterling endorsed football-shaped yo-yo from back in the 80s up on ebay before? That must have been all the rage and no doubt a quality piece of NSWRL merchandise in its day. :lol:

The serial pest coming out onto Energy Stadium on a motorised cart and interupting Andrew Johns while he was lineing up a conversion.

JoeD

First Grade
Circa 2001 at Ericcson. Andrew Johns getting hit by the tee boy while lining up a conversion. The tee boy was driving a mini quad bike at the time.

Brushtail

Juniors
Newcastlerabbit said:
A game at North Sydney Oval where The Bears mascot got sent from the field for calling an Official a ******* cheat

Didn't the Bears mascot then have to front the judiciary? I remember having a big laugh at the thought of him sitting in the waiting room in his bears costume waiting to go in. :D

sharkadelic

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
That was Michael Sullivan, and it wasnt 74-4 when he attempted the field goal. It was around 50-4...but still very funny..

Mine is in 2001 when Lapina Kafusi (man of 1000 names) playing for the Tigers had play stopped at leichhardt oval because he had a headache.

I am guessing Sully had money on a pick the score...:)

PJ Marshal

Coach
jamesgould said:
Has anyone else ever seen the Peter Sterling endorsed football-shaped yo-yo from back in the 80s up on ebay before? That must have been all the rage and no doubt a quality piece of NSWRL merchandise in its day. :lol:

yes the pro yo, i have one lol

Brushtail said:
Didn't the Bears mascot then have to front the judiciary? I remember having a big laugh at the thought of him sitting in the waiting room in his bears costume waiting to go in. :D

Lol :lol: :lol:

sharkadelic

Juniors
Funniest thing ever during a game? Dale Shearer's behind his back pass to himself whilst sitting on his tryline. The Gold Coast went on to lose 48-6.

I wonder how the Seagulls got the 6.

Darren Locker kicking under the posts from right in front against the Western Reds was pretty damn funny too.

JoeD said:
Circa 2001 at Ericcson. Andrew Johns getting hit by the tee boy while lining up a conversion. The tee boy was driving a mini quad bike at the time.

I remember that, he ran over Johns ankle and Johns was pissing himself laughing

dragondad

First Grade
Last year Shane Marteene got released from Souths to come to Saints mid season.And during origin week we played Nth Qld at OKI with all Origin players out so he got a run in First Grade.Late in the 2nd half a Cowboy took a hitup and Timmins went in with a swinging arm,missed the Cowboy,hit Marteene and knocked him out cold :lol: I think he still though he was opposition :lol:

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
Some years ago in origin Tallis goes over for a try and as he scores he punches McDougall in the head!! Funniest sh*t ever!!:lol: McDougall holds his head looks around like WTF? But the QLD'ers are already celebrating and nobody even cared. We'd like slow mo it down, even funnier!

Also Finch when at Canberra gifting the game to Newcastle by kicking out on the full from a restart. Some funny sh*t...even funnier now in the context of what Finch has become.

And the GF 2004 that female rooster fan balling her eyes out!!:lol: Can anyone get a pic?

Haynzy

First Grade
The bunny chase at the Panthers v Storm game in Adelaide last week.

The PR gurus had set up a dude in a bunny suit in the middle of the field. They had punters from the crowd on each corner of the field who had to try and tackle the bunny.
The four punters from the crowd that were on the field couldn't catch him so a guy jumps the fence and cleans him up :lol:

*Paul*

Juniors
Wade McKinnon getting dakked twice in one game was quite amusing, particularly where he had to pull up his pants before he could play the ball.

Latest posts