What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Further Expansion

Titanic

First Grade
Darwin Titans (featuring an aging Les Boyd) made the semis of the old State League, coached by Gary Lawrence who won then won the first Qld Cup with the Clydesdales.

Toowoomba should have a team and the Wests Panthers too but realistically the Wests Seniors are done & dusted and the Port Moresby Vipers are probably a more likely choice.

rwaite

Juniors
Brisbane:
Wynnum
Easts
Souths-Logan
Wests
Norths
Redlciffe

Other Qld:
Ipswich
Sunshine Coast
Burleigh
Cairns
Toowoomba
Mackay
Rockhampton

Out of Qld:
Port Moresby
Darwin
Tweed Heads

Sound like a good comp?

Toowoomba is obviously a priority to get them back into the Qld Cup.
Port Moresby would be next. I hope they get this time next year.

I like the idea of a Darwin team but I think that WA Reds should be invited into the Qld Cup first.

If Wests could financially cut it, which I doubt, it would be good having them back. A Pine Rivers team would also be good.

Fiji have spoken of possibly putting in an NRL bid and they would be exciting to have on board with the Qld Cup. Maybe even Tonga or Somoa.

mightybears

Bench
Darwin Titans (featuring an aging Les Boyd) made the semis of the old State League, coached by Gary Lawrence who won then won the first Qld Cup with the Clydesdales.

Toowoomba should have a team and the Wests Panthers too but realistically the Wests Seniors are done & dusted and the Port Moresby Vipers are probably a more likely choice.

Wouldn't a 'Wests' come back as Arana Hills Wests?

Highway1

Juniors
Would love for Wests to be back, but Purtell Park needs a bit of a fix up. Mainly grading the field so its flat. :lol:

Also what does everyone thing of a team at Redland Bay?

Wynnum-Manly have already got them in the bag I think

damo72

Juniors
I think they should be looking at bringing a side back to the Wide Bay (Hervey Bay, Maryborough, Bundaberg and surrounding areas like Kingaroy, Eidsvold, Cherbourg) as it is a great rugby league breeding ground, yet seems to be ignored. The AFL has been putting a lot of money into the area over the last few years and if the League community is not prepared to step up they are going to lose a traditional Rugby League area.

rwaite

Juniors
Does anyone have any news on the possibility of either Brothers or Valleys coming back? Valleys seems to still have a fair bit of a fan base from when I was at the GF Blast for the Past function.

I would love to see a team based out of Pine Rivers which has a booming population. Brothers used to be based there before they folded.

rwaite

Juniors
I think they should be looking at bringing a side back to the Wide Bay (Hervey Bay, Maryborough, Bundaberg and surrounding areas like Kingaroy, Eidsvold, Cherbourg) as it is a great rugby league breeding ground, yet seems to be ignored. The AFL has been putting a lot of money into the area over the last few years and if the League community is not prepared to step up they are going to lose a traditional Rugby League area.

I am all for a Wide Bay team in the Qld cup.