What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future Aussie stars

Noa

First Grade
Had 20+ & 16r today against Greece's highly rated center.

Bodes well for the under 19's where Simmons, Maker and Adel will all be playing and Mcdowell-white will be back in the fold by then

cb4

First Grade
He used to play out at Sutherland, very very good player.

He left them and went to Manly and just flat out dominated the local rep scene. Glad he is going on to bigger and better things.
The kid has just got it.

Noa

First Grade
So the us high school season is about 5-6 weeks old and Ben Simmons is averaging about 30/12/8

Had a triple double the other day against the former #1 ranked player in the States Ivan Rabb and today had 37/18 in a close game at the city of palms tournament. Oh and he also did this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjjccjNUbIU#

Isaac Humphries makes his debut for La Lumiere in the same tournament tomorrow

Noa

First Grade
Simmons the first Australian to make the prestigious McDonalds all-American game.

It's held on 1st of April at Chicago's united center.

shiznit

Coach
There's a kid from NZ I thought would have been great if he had gone.

Tai Wynyard... 16yrs old... 6"8.

The last I heard... He couldn't attend any of the invitational camps because he got called in to the senior national squad for the world champs in Spain.

I was of the opinion he should have turned the NZ squad down and attended the camps... That's what Steven Adams did...
Just an update on this kid...

This week he committed to the University of Kentucky and obviously John Calipari's program.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story?storyId=12226385&src=desktop

andrew057

First Grade
I know hes young, I know its his first season and I know hes on a terrible team. But man Exum has been disappointing.

betcats

Referee
I know hes young, I know its his first season and I know hes on a terrible team. But man Exum has been disappointing.

Who was Exum playing against last year? He was never going to put up impressive stats this season, he was always a project.

What i have noticed is his shooting is better than advertised. His first step and court vision are elite. He can be a very good defender with that length. Struggles massively with finishing through contact, and has no left hand.

In 2 or 3 season once he has adjusted to this level of competition and gotten stronger he will be quite good.

Last edited:

God-King Dean

Immortal
He's in bad form, no doubt, especially his shooting.

But he's shown enough glimpses to convince me he'll be successful. There was a period where he was nailing consecutive 3 pointers.

Good vision & passing. Great off the mark.

He doesn't back himself at times when he should, & just looks to offload it to someone else. But the confidence will come.

As betcats said, he is all right handed, which is his biggest weakness.

andrew057

First Grade
Who was Exum playing against last year? He was never going to put up impressive stats this season, he was always a project.

What i have noticed is his shooting is better than advertised. His first step and court vision are elite. He can be a very good defender with that length. Struggles massively with finishing through contact, and has no left hand.

In 2 or 3 season once he has adjusted to this level of competition and gotten stronger he will be quite good.

lol huh? Hes shooting 37% for the season and has been beyond terrible since being inserted into the starting line up. In his last 5 games he has made only 2 of his 21 shots.

I know hes a project and I know hes young, but he has been very disappointing. I wish I shared your optimism.

betcats

Referee
His shot was supposed to be completely broken, so even with the recent poor shooting its better than advertised. He sucks off the dribble but spotting up he is servicable.

His physical gifts are brilliant along with elite court vision and passing and a high bball IQ, he will be fine.

Do you know what they mean when they call him a project? Means he is a couple seasons away from being ready. Judging him now is waaay to early.

andrew057

First Grade
His shot was supposed to be completely broken, so even with the recent poor shooting its better than advertised. He sucks off the dribble but spotting up he is servicable.

His physical gifts are brilliant along with elite court vision and passing and a high bball IQ, he will be fine.

Do you know what they mean when they call him a project? Means he is a couple seasons away from being ready. Judging him now is waaay to early.

Yeah and a project just doesnt go from a terrible, not even NBA standard player to being "ready" overnight. He needs to show improvement no matter how slowly it comes.

At the moment he doesnt belong in the NBA, he should be in the D League, working on his game against other players at his level.

andrew057

First Grade
Would fit well with Phillys philosophy, they get even worse as a team and get the extra season of Exums rookie deal.

Noa

First Grade
Exum was always going to come in and look timid his first year. Personally I think it was a mistake not to do a year of college.

I think he'll end up a very good player but he's certainly not at Simmons level.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Not the same style of player, but it will be very interesting to compare the two when Simmons decides to join the NBA.
College experience v NBA experience.