What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

morley101

Juniors
Panthers new ground may be built on another site allowing the club to remain at their current home during the rebuild

Hopefully near the railway station.
I would say this is a negotion tactic with the local council over buying blue bet stadium. Penrith leagues won't like it if it is built arounf th railway station.

mongoose

Coach
Mentioned in the Nein HT news that LOLSoufs are expected to announce shortly that they will be returning to the SFS when it opens.
will this be a wests tigers at bankwest scenario though? where souths fans don't turn up because they see it as the Roosters home ground first and foremost.

horrie hastings

First Grade
will this be a wests tigers at bankwest scenario though? where souths fans don't turn up because they see it as the Roosters home ground first and foremost.

Oh well, if they don't want to view the game from a state of the art facility and keep playing in an empty soul less ground that only looks good during the Grand Final, that is their problem and most of the Souths fans i know want their team to play at the new SFS.
I don't think we will have as big as backlash with Souths fans playing at the SFS as the West Tigers do with Bank West even with a lot of Souths fans living out West now.

Panfas

Juniors
I would say this is a negotion tactic with the local council over buying blue bet stadium. Penrith leagues won't like it if it is built arounf th railway station.
Where do you propose that will be? That opportunity is long gone since the surrounding land was developed years ago to what is now Thornton.

It will be at the Paceway if it it moves, which is about 900m to train station vs 1.2km for current location. The site has member approval to sell and relocate - via Western Weekender

forby

Juniors
Maybe on the land on Mulgoa Rd between the Highway and the aged residence. Close to the station, and the club.
Just a thought!

Wb1234

Referee
You know south’s played at the sfs for a long time before moving to Homebush

plus the ground is literally built pretty much on the border of their territory with easts

Wb1234

Referee

Vlandys argument with the government is he doesn’t want the funds used on a roof at accor. Stuart Ayres wants to spend 250 million on a retractable roof which really is of little benefit to the nrl

vlandys was of the belief they want to do this to get the union World Cup final from Melbourne or Perth.

Panfas

Juniors
Maybe on the land on Mulgoa Rd between the Highway and the aged residence. Close to the station, and the club.
Just a thought!
That location is actually further from the train station than the Paceway, 1.1km vs 900m

Its really these 2 locations that it could be. Penrith Council does own that land DP 717196, it is zoned SP3 (Tourist)

Perth Red

Post Whore
That location is actually further from the train station than the Paceway, 1.1km vs 900m

Its really these 2 locations that it could be. Penrith Council does own that land DP 717196, it is zoned SP3 (Tourist)
Could the council want the current stadiums land for something and thats why they may be offering somewhere else?

TheRam

Coach
Interesting comment

It was the same in Sydney before the SL War

Everyone had a RL team

SL War did a lot to kill off the passion

And the 20 odd years of crappy administrators and lowballed rights deals added to it significantly and it has never been able to fully recover since. Now the clubs and players are all to powerful and holding back the game from doing the right thing to go to the next level.

The AFL are all on the same page because their governing administration is BOSS!

TheRam

Coach

Fu*k the Leagues Club.

Massive crowds is what we want to fill our stadiums. Build it as close to a train station as possible. Fans that want to go to leagues clubs will go to leagues clubs.

Wb1234

Referee
Fu*k the Leagues Club.

Massive crowds is what we want to fill our stadiums. Build it as close to a train station as possible. Fans that want to go to leagues clubs will go to leagues clubs.
I agree with you but panthers leagues club built their centre of excellence from their own funds unlike every other club (except parra I think)

im sure your aware how much extra money parra leagues is making due to comm bank. The amount of extra money parra are making from that stadium is amazing tbh

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Paceway is the closest site they could build it on to the station. 850 metres away. Tonnes of food, drink and club options in the surrounding areas and all along the street between the site and the station. Much bigger space to build something special. You really couldn’t do better.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I agree with you but panthers leagues club built their centre of excellence from their own funds unlike every other club (except parra I think)

im sure your aware how much extra money parra leagues is making due to comm bank. The amount of extra money parra are making from that stadium is amazing tbh
All clubs had to match Govt funding for their CofE's.

TheRam

Coach

No I don't know how much extra the Parra Leagues Club is making since Parra Stadium reopened.

Serious question, how much?

Latest posts