What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Pippen94

First Grade
Actually it strengthens it as you can see from attendances that quality of stadium, even in suburban tips has a direct correlation with attendances. Not to mention that for Penrith to keep growing its been identified current ground needs replacing with a brand new 30k stadium lol
Belmore is the outlier as a one off nostalgia venue. Thats the only time these grounds should be used. Rest of time clubs should be in 20k plus modern stadiums. I mean 10-12k avg's, really?

You don't know anything about Sydney. Stick to Perth & hull & other back waters

flippikat

Bench
Always the same mid year rubbish from t he tigers.

Where are we playing next year? Three grounds, four grounds, five?
Is Brooks leaving? Yes, no, he's staying.

get rid of this woeful front of house and spring clean the joint
It's the old adage of "When you try to be everything to everyone, you become nothing to no one.".

The Tigers need to invest (not just money, but effort, heart & soul) into *A* main venue, and trust their fanbase to go there with them.

The plethora of home grounds trying to please so many diverse fan-bases & stakeholders is just moronic.

Munky

Coach
Campbelltown is literally right next to the freaking train line at lovely Leumeah. And next to the leagues club.

Upgrade that f**ker.

A couple years back I did a charity ride to your fair city starting from Leumeah.

Was surprised how close the stadium was to the station.

For shits and giggles I booted up a dating app in the Budget IBIS up the road from the station.

Was not prepared for the profile of thirty year old Shazza with her six children and four grand children.

To be fair I didn't deserve her at her best.

This years attendance avg so far at suburban grounds in a season when crowds are flocking to the game:

Penrith 18.3k (arguably the best of the suburban stadiums)
Belmore 16.4k (1 game)
Leichardt 13.3k
Brooky 12.9k
Shark Park 11.1k
Kogorah 10.8k
Campbelltown 10.6k
Dolphin stadium 10k

New or developed stadiums
Suncorp 37.5k
Allianz 28.2k
NQ stadium 18.8k
Commbank 18.1k
Robina 18k
ANZ 17.5k
AAMI 16.9k

yep the fans sure do love the suburban grounds
Lol Dolphin stadium only holds 10 k
you again with your usual bullshit .
you even say fans are voting with their feet .
How. By filling the place .

flippikat

Bench
Lol Dolphin stadium only holds 10 k
you again with your usual bullshit .
you even say fans are voting with their feet .
How. By filling the place .
It kinda plays into the point though - Dolphin Stadium is just too damn small & suburban for a 2nd team in a big city like Brisbane.

Pneuma

First Grade
It must be frustrating for the average taxpayer to see plans for another expensive stadium upgrade when there’re perfectly good state of the art stadiums just down the road, especially during a cost of living crisis.

I mean people wonder why it’s hard to get public support for these kinds of projects…
My son in law just spent 10 hours sitting on a chair in a public hospital with a potentially serious medical condition last night because they had no beds available. Stadium upgrades? Get primary heath right first thanks.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
My son in law just spent 10 hours sitting on a chair in a public hospital with a potentially serious medical condition last night because they had no beds available. Stadium upgrades? Get primary heath right first thanks.
I was up on Mt Welllington yesterday and got a bird’s eye view of Hobart, the existing stadium and the new site… really reinforced the fact the Bellerive is hardly “out in the burbs” it’s about as far from the city centre as North Sydney Oval is.

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
TBF problems with health services isn't a funding issue for the most part, same is true of education.

Throwing more money at them will do little to nothing, you need to address the underlying societal issues if you want to even start addressing the major issues in the health and education systems. But this isn't the place to discuss this.

Latest posts