What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

beave

Coach
Yeah, he was the AFL chairman for a fair while

Sometimes we are playing checkers v chess

The time to strike is now with Accor . with swans and gws 14th 15th etc

They have bigger issues than stadiums but it won't last forever

Make it rectangular and lock em out
All that can be done is removing the new big screen at the south end and then bringing both ends in 30m and refitting the big screen.

I have NFI on the cost but it wouldn't be pretty, doesn't help the problems with the sides though, the upper deck has an utter shitful view.

Wb1234

Referee
Yeah, he was the AFL chairman for a fair while

Sometimes we are playing checkers v chess

The time to strike is now with Accor . with swans and gws 14th 15th etc

They have bigger issues than stadiums but it won't last forever

Make it rectangular and lock em out
Accor is a dump

Best thing they could’ve done was sold it to developers and spent the extra money on allianz but politics got in the way

Accor is a dump

Best thing they could’ve done was sold it to developers and spent the extra money on allianz but politics got in the way
Got to agree with that. I don’t think the SCG Trust were interested in anything more than 50-55k though were they? So they would have needed some encouragement to take it up to 85k.

Perth Red

Post Whore
A

Ok Einstein and where would that ground be lol

costs have gone way up since combbnak was built
I dont know the area well enough to know where train lines and entertainment areas are bit a quick google map look showed plenty of open spaces around the Liverpool area big enough for a stadium.

have they? what stadium has been built since commbank and how much did it cost?

Wb1234

Referee
I dont know the area well enough to know where train lines and entertainment areas are bit a quick google map look showed plenty of open spaces around the Liverpool area big enough for a stadium.

Don’t they have inflation in Perth ? Why do you ruin the rba has been hiking rates ?

alllianz was built after commbank but yet lots of extra bells and whistles so hard to compare

Liverpool could work but it’s not in any clubs real area

wests leagues club is in Ashfield and the coe I’m concord. Wests Campbelltown leagues club isn’t owned by Ashfield or part the tigers jv

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Well lets build a multi million dollar stadium based on your google map search.

Got to agree with that. I don’t think the SCG Trust were interested in anything more than 50-55k though were they? So they would have needed some encouragement to take it up to 85k.

They weren't. To make a bigger stadium they'd probably have to knock down some of the anciliary facilities, or combine it with the SCG to make a 80k+ capacity stadium. Areas like Lake Kippax are not part of the lands they administered, which is why the original new stadium proposal floundered.

Wb1234

Referee
They weren't. To make a bigger stadium they'd probably have to knock down some of the anciliary facilities, or combine it with the SCG to make a 80k+ capacity stadium. Areas like Lake Kippax are not part of the lands they administered, which is why the original new stadium proposal floundered.
Partly true but they could’ve built bigger on the existing footprint

the real issue was eastern suburbs getting a new stadium and western Sydney missing out at homebush

Timbo

Staff member

I think Olympic Park should've been abandoned alltogether.

I would've sold Accor to developers, made the NewSFS 65,000 seats, built another Bankwest Stadium at Blackown International Sportspark and increased the capacity of the oval ground at Blacktown to 20,000 for the Giants and Thunder.

Blacktown ISP is on the junction of the M4 and M7 and has a heavy high-capacity rail line running right by it. It was the ideal spot to have an outer-western sports hub.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Don’t they have inflation in Perth ? Why do you ruin the rba has been hiking rates ?

alllianz was built after commbank but yet lots of extra bells and whistles so hard to compare

Liverpool could work but it’s not in any clubs real area

wests leagues club is in Ashfield and the coe I’m concord. Wests Campbelltown leagues club isn’t owned by Ashfield or part the tigers jv
You said ”prices have gone way up”. Going up by inflation is expected and not “way up“ lol
going by your logic no one would ever build or buy anything because it was cheaper years ago. Dumb argument.

a new stadium for dogs and tigers in the best location available would be a much better public money spend than wasting it on suburban tips that still wouldn’t be fit for a modern top tier sports venue After you’d thrown $300 mill at them.

Pippen94

First Grade

Stick to Perth & hull

Pippen94

First Grade
It's called tough love my friend. Just like when you deny a loved one a credit card due to their shopping addiction and put them on a manageable budget. To enable their flawed behaviour and actions would be to hurt them even further and the whole family will suffer in the long run.

The game needs to protect itself from weak and irresponsible family members otherwise it will wake up one day and realise its neighbours have added double and triple storey extensions to their homes and even bought all the real estate around them and added a whole bunce of unwanted condominiums.

Now I know this is a difficult pill to swallow when all you have known is the addiction of stupidity, but that is why interventions were invented and it needs to happen without your consent and as mercifully as possible. I'm not proposing that we take you out the back and shoot you in the head and be done with you forever. I am giving you options to either grow in your current form or stop living small and go out into the big world and grow like you never have or could in a very difficult and over congested market place.

It is something that a strong, courageous and savvy club board should be eager to embrace and take on as a very exciting new challenge. Not fear as so many have and do.

I know if my Eels were as weak and a sh*t resourced team that will always be on struggle street compared to the 8 or 9 powerful Sydney and out of town power clubs, I would welcome the chance of a brave and bright new beginning as a one club city team as long as they the colours and moniker stayed the same. What's the point in following a team that down deep most of its fans and supporters know that it will rarely ever rise to the top and be a power that can consistently play in the finals and win the occasional title?

Parra have now been privileged a brand new state of the art stadium, will have a brand new SOE that is currently under construction, a massive junior base that will only grow once the COE is up and running in the new region they have gone to that is also growing, a very stable administrative body that has finally got its eye on the ball so to speak, strong finances, it is also a city that is getting bigger and expanding all the time and is now the second largest business district, and overall they should be only getting bigger and bigger as the years go by. A premiership has eluded us, but if we keep going on this tangent, most would admit that we are a club that is going places and a title shouldn't be all that far away. Hopefully.

Whereas clubs like the Tigers for example are weak everywhere but their junior nursery. But by insisting that they stay based in the inner city(COE) while their juniors are out south-west way, play in no fixed address stadiums all over the place and have an administration that we all treat as sport and laugh at, they will never rise long enough or high enough to compete in the market of competitors that has way more then they will ever do. Sure they will have the odd successful year, but then the big clubs will come in when they need to fill a spot, like say Jahream Bula and make an offer to good to refuse. That is the way the world works and no matter how much wishful thinking you do won't change that.

Good Luck.

Don't drink & post ppl

Wb1234

Referee
You said ”prices have gone way up”. Going up by inflation is expected and not “way up“ lol
going by your logic no one would ever build or buy anything because it was cheaper years ago. Dumb argument.

a new stadium for dogs and tigers in the best location available would be a much better public money spend than wasting it on suburban tips that still wouldn’t be fit for a modern top tier sports venue After you’d thrown $300 mill at them.
You obviously don’t work in the construction industry lmao