What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Pneuma

First Grade
Storm’s average has gone up around 45% in 25 seasons. Even if it goes up another 45% (to 26k), AAMI won’t be too small, it will be perfect. But that is a fair way down the track. What happens then? You could build a new stadium next to AAMI. That will be cheaper long term than taking the roof off and expanding.
Old mate continues to run down rugby league. Let me guess. Play at your afl stadium in the mean time?

Timbo

Staff member
Old mate continues to run down rugby league. Let me guess. Play at your afl stadium in the mean time?

No you’d just keep selling out AAMI Park until a replacement was built.

Why are you so negative about the code anyway? A 40,000 seat stadium? What Melbourne needs is a 400,000 seat rectangular stadium, it’ll start by averaging 250,000 per game and we can grow from there.

Stop being so negative about the code.

Iamback

Coach
That in a nutshell, is what we’ve trying to say all along about what our reality is even though some posters not living here, don’t seem to accept that reality. Yeh, kinda jealous.

Not me. I love the way Sydney is spread out and built around the harbour and mountains... the downside is it can't be centralised

Not me. I love the way Sydney is spread out and built around the harbour and mountains... the downside is it can't be centralised
That’s the bit I’m kinda jealous about and it’s a contributing factor to how our transport system works out but agree with what you’re saying, though

Perth Red

Post Whore
Plenty you could do though to make a central stadium system work better if there was a will and buy in. As most modern cities have done. Here for example we have event trains when Optus events on. Ltd stops, gets me the 24km from my local station to the doors of Optus in less than 15mins. Thats smart thinking, smart investment in infrastructure and just generally good city planning.

Suitman

Post Whore
Plenty you could do though to make a central stadium system work better if there was a will and buy in. As most modern cities have done. Here for example we have event trains when Optus events on. Ltd stops, gets me the 24km from my local station to the doors of Optus in less than 15mins. Thats smart thinking, smart investment in infrastructure and just generally good city planning.

That stuff is easy for a small city with a sparse rail network direct to the stadium.
Sydney is different as I'm sure you well and truly know.
And Sydney is different to Melbourne in more ways than just transport and stadium locations and sports culture.

Wb1234

Immortal
Not sure it was big enough but the old entertainment centre would’ve been perfect

or even a stadium in Barangaroo

there’s too much history at Moore park for the scg hence we get stuck next door

Perth Red

Post Whore
That stuff is easy for a small city with a sparse rail network direct to the stadium.
Sydney is different as I'm sure you well and truly know.
And Sydney is different to Melbourne in more ways than just transport and stadium locations and sports culture.
They could put event trains on from Cronulla to central with ltd stops, turn the 50min train ride into a 20min one. It’s not rocket science. Likewise a park and ride for manly, the rest are all close to central stadiums in reality. It’s more a mental thing than a logistical one.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Give it up you fool. You've got no idea what you're talking about.

Pneuma

First Grade
No you’d just keep selling out AAMI Park until a replacement was built.

Why are you so negative about the code anyway? A 40,000 seat stadium? What Melbourne needs is a 400,000 seat rectangular stadium, it’ll start by averaging 250,000 per game and we can grow from there.

Stop being so negative about the code.
That’s one of your better posts. Nice work.

Bukowski

Bench
Your on the northern line though. I'm on the midland line that stops every station amd I have to change in the city. About 30 minutes for 11ks.

Iamback

Coach
Your on the northern line though. I'm on the midland line that stops every station amd I have to change in the city. About 30 minutes for 11ks.

That sums up the differences here too. I am on a train line I am set and can walk to Penrith Stadium

When I lived at home. It was a 15 min bus trip, 20 min train. Change for another 30 mins to get to the same home ground.

On a Map shows it is 20km. Yet is over an hour that is the sort of thing you get here.

Bukowski

Bench
That sums up the differences here too. I am on a train line I am set and can walk to Penrith Stadium

When I lived at home. It was a 15 min bus trip, 20 min train. Change for another 30 mins to get to the same home ground.

On a Map shows it is 20km. Yet is over an hour that is the sort of thing you get here.
Parra to Campbelltown was a shit trip. Awfully slow after liverpool

bazza

Immortal
yes - just need the following
- rebuild Homebush to 80k odd rectangular stadium
- build east west metro from Parramatta to the CBD via SOP
- build LR extension from Parramatta to SOP then on to Lidcombe
- Build north-south metro route from Kogarah to Macquarie Park via SOP

After that no excuse to not have 60k every game to Homebush

Should be able to knock all that up in a couple of years

bazza

Immortal
They could put event trains on from Cronulla to central with ltd stops, turn the 50min train ride into a 20min one. It’s not rocket science. Likewise a park and ride for manly, the rest are all close to central stadiums in reality. It’s more a mental thing than a logistical one.
Most rocket scientists know that the population that go to Sharks games don't live at Cronulla but would be better served by the stops missed by the limited stops train

Iamback

Coach
Parra to Campbelltown was a shit trip. Awfully slow after liverpool

That is just the train trip. Out towards where the airport is where the new houses are going in. You can add 20-30 mins drive.

To be fair it will have a Metro station but that leads to a normal train. So huge events is fine for but a random club game not so

t-ba

Post Whore
That is just the train trip. Out towards where the airport is where the new houses are going in. You can add 20-30 mins drive.

To be fair it will have a Metro station but that leads to a normal train. So huge events is fine for but a random club game not so

Airport Metro stops at St Mary's which is nuts lol.

Should just build the extension out to Tallawong as soon as possible and uhh...have stock that can be shared between the lines. Places like Marsden Park needed mass transit yesterday.

Latest posts