What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
This f**king AFL loving moron living in Perth has got no idea.

You can't just lay rail tracks directly where you want to go you dopey git.

Colk

First Grade
You missed out ‘a backward city with sht infrastructure’ lol.
I’ve lived in London and spent time in many of the worlds major cities and never been anywhere that takes 90min to go 20km lol.

You haven’t been to LA or Beijing? There are cities with worst networks than Sydney - although I agree it is pretty bad in Sydney

t-ba

Post Whore
Did some thinking about this. I lived in Hong Kong for years, and my wife had a pretty gnarly commute

Screenshots_2023-08-26-19-19-42.png

It was worse before Whampoa got a train station. Now I hardly doubt anyone would call Hong Kong a backwards city with infrastructure..

Wb1234

Referee
Penrith to commbank 37km
balmain to allianz 9km
manly to allianz 17km
kogorah to allianz 15km
Belmore to commbank 20km
cronulla to allianz 27km

I’ve got no problem with penrith getting a new stadium, they are a club on the up, the region is growing and the distance to nearest stadium is fair treck, especially for fans west of penrith. The rest, no reason they can’t be using commbank, Accor or allianz.
Allianz

except manly and sharks

mongoose

Coach
I lived in London for years, I think that northern monkey has a romanticised idea of what a London commute was like because he once visited for a weekend.
driving in London is a nightmare but the underground/overground train system puts any city in Australia to shame

Steel Saints

Juniors
It takes 90min to go 17km? Haha Your city is so sht.

And yet, at the recent Women's World Cup, 603,957 people turned up in Sydney, which was close to a third of the tournaments crowds overall.

Sydney may not have the best public transport, and it doesn't claim to be a sporting capital. But it somehow manages itself, just like it did similarly with the 2000 Olympics, and hosted the final in the 2003 Rugby World Cup and 2015 Asian Cup.

Last edited:

Latest posts