What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

bazza

Immortal
Airport Metro stops at St Mary's which is nuts lol.

Should just build the extension out to Tallawong as soon as possible and uhh...have stock that can be shared between the lines.
apparently the rolling stock of the NW metro is non-standard to be compatible with the existing Epping-Chatswood tunnel. So the new metro will be more standard

t-ba

Post Whore
apparently the rolling stock of the NW metro is non-standard to be compatible with the existing Epping-Chatswood tunnel. So the new metro will be more standard

Ahh, crippling your metro network to union bust.

Our city planners are morons.

Iamback

Coach
Airport Metro stops at St Mary's which is nuts lol.

Should just build the extension out to Tallawong as soon as possible and uhh...have stock that can be shared between the lines. Places like Marsden Park needed mass transit yesterday.

The plan is too link it with the North Metro anyway. That is typical government to make it in stages, Which delays it and by that stage it is already not big enough for the need

Iamback

Coach
Most rocket scientists know that the population that go to Sharks games don't live at Cronulla but would be better served by the stops missed by the limited stops train

Not to mention that you would need slower trains behind the express trains to service those stations and a lot of those stations are single line, So it isn't even possible

t-ba

Post Whore
The plan is too link it with the North Metro anyway. That is typical government to make it in stages, Which delays it and by that stage it is already not big enough for the need

Problem is both lines will terminate at St Marys so instead of just a seamless link between the city and the airport even when the metro is finished you will still have to change to either the metro or standard rail at St Marys.

bazza

Immortal
Problem is both lines will terminate at St Marys so instead of just a seamless link between the city and the airport even when the metro is finished you will still have to change to either the metro or standard rail at St Marys.
I think the plan is to have 3 lines join up at Schofields

bazza

Immortal
Maybe rocket scientists should build a game day rocket for sharks fans to the moon

t-ba

Post Whore
Maybe rocket scientists should build a game day rocket for sharks fans to the moon

I thought St Marys was the interchange but I guess building two different lines in an extension seems a very Sydney solution.

map-sydney-metro-2020-06-large-2400px.jpg

That it wasn't built out to Schofields in the first place was insanity.

bazza

Immortal
I thought St Marys was the interchange but I guess building two different lines in an extension seems a very Sydney solution.

View attachment 78657

That it wasn't built out to Schofields in the first place was insanity.
plan is
- new metro airport - St Marys
- Extend NW metro to Schofields
- Extend airport metro St Marys - Schofields
- Extend airport metro south to Macarthur

My guess is that building an interchange at Schofields is expensive so they took the cheap option of stopping the line a few km east for now

not sure the impact on NRL stadiums - though it might be a bit easier to get to Campbelltown via public transport in about 40 years

Last edited:

t-ba

Post Whore
plan is
- new metro airport - St Marys
- Extend NW metro to Schofields
- Extend airport metro St Marys - Schofields
- Extend airport metro south to Macarthur

My guess is that building an interchange at Schofields is expensive so they took the cheap option of stopping the line a few km east for now

not sure the impact on NRL stadiums - though it might be a bit easier to get to Campbelltown via public transport in about 40 years

This is the hang shit on Sydney thread innit?

Iamback

Coach

The Chatswood rail/metro mix is pretty good. Get off the Metro onto a train

t-ba

Post Whore
The Chatswood rail/metro mix is pretty good. Get off the Metro onto a train

Yeah the way they've set the platforms up is pretty ace. But then everything in Chatswood works well. All praise Dead Elvis Mayor.

Gonna be even better in a year's time when it just goes straight through to the city.

Munky

Coach
The metro going to St Mary's with no direct link to the 'riff is why I reckon a new stadium is a waste of time.

The North side of Penrith rail is quicker to Parra from Richmond and the redeveloped South will be about ten minutes longer to get to Parra than Penrith

A new stadium is nice and all but build some actual transport to it.

Latest posts