What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Suitman

Post Whore
What are you using to predict 35k?

That would be 10k more than the same sides got in 2018.

I think people over estimate the popularity to passing fans

I'm basing it on the current supply and demand. Demand is currently high. Allianz is also a desirable stadium to attend. 2018 is so passe.
RL is running a high atm. We should be aiming higher and the demand is definitely there.
I'm also a glass half full kind of guy.

Suitman

Post Whore
They were the three nicest things I could think of. He deliberately flames these threads out of spite. Deserves a lot worse.

At times yes, but mostly no.
I actually think it is good that he challenges the blind, one sided RL fans on here that see that the NRL can do no wrong because the NRL certainly can and does.

Iamback

Coach
I'm basing it on the current supply and demand. Demand is currently high. Allianz is also a desirable stadium to attend. 2018 is so passe.
RL is running a high atm. We should be aiming higher and the demand is definitely there.
I'm also a glass half full kind of guy.

RL is running high but not sure people have the disposal income they did.

Sydney is going to have another game, The Penrith game won't even half fill Accor for the Prelim.

Will be even more dire if they play Canberra there next week.

Which is what the years we had neutral stadiums has shown.

Personally if we are going to have 40-50% full big stadiums than we are better off adjusting the price accordingly and playing in smaller venues.

Atmosphere is better and no empty seats

Wb1234

Immortal
For once, Andrew Webster is correct.
This is NRL amateur hour.

It should be....

1. Move the game to Allianz.
2. Put tickets on sale 9.00 am Monday for Sharks fans/members only for 48 hrs. Advertise this to the max.
3. Block off the northern end lower and upper levels for Roosters fans. Unavailable for Sharks fans to purchase during the Sharks window.
4. Give the Sharks fans a two day ticket window for priority purchase as stated in point 2. Use a password if required.
5. Open up ticket sales for Roosters fans on Wednesday 9.00 am in the Roosters allocated northern end only, while continuing to sell tickets to Sharks fans.
6. Then, Thursday/Friday, open up the rest of the stadium for sale. A free for all for whatever is left. There would be a mix of fans in the remaining areas.

This not only ensures demand for tickets, but also creates an "us vs them" divide of fans.
It's not really that hard, and I reckon that 30 - 35 000 would be there, not 13 000 at a cow paddock in The Shire.
20k extra paying fans means nrl makes an extra 400k in revenue
At times yes, but mostly no.
I actually think it is good that he challenges the blind, one sided RL fans on here that see that the NRL can do no wrong because the NRL certainly can and does.
lmao he’s consistently negative

nrl is booming

Suitman

Post Whore
lmao he’s consistently negative
No, he's consistently pointing out our own sports failures. Of which we have many failures and where we could do so much better. It's not a bad thing. We don't want to become like the ALF and think we are the most perfect sport in the world. There is a lot we can improve on.
It's great that there is someone who consistently challenges all the love in children here.
I don't necessarily agree with all of what PR says, but he raises many valid issues where the ignorant here become very defensive.
That is not productive discussion.

Wb1234

Immortal
No, he's consistently pointing out our own sports failures. Of which we have many and where we could do much better.
It's great that there is someone who consistently challenges all the love in children here.
I don't necessarily agree with all of what PR says, but he raises many valid issues where the ignorant here become very defensive.
Nah he finds faults where none exist at times

and magnifies our rivals

his understanding of the game is limited at times too

Suitman

Post Whore
Nah he finds faults where none exist at times

and magnifies our rivals

his understanding of the game is limited at times too

Maybe, but he raises many points that are valid, yet continues to be shot down just because he is "Perth Red".

Anon

Bench
For once, Andrew Webster is correct.
This is NRL amateur hour.

It should be....

1. Move the game to Allianz.
2. Put tickets on sale 9.00 am Monday for Sharks fans/members only for 48 hrs. Advertise this to the max.
3. Block off the northern end lower and upper levels for Roosters fans. Unavailable for Sharks fans to purchase during the Sharks window.
4. Give the Sharks fans a two day ticket window for priority purchase as stated in point 2. Use a password if required.
5. Open up ticket sales for Roosters fans on Wednesday 9.00 am in the Roosters allocated northern end only, while continuing to sell tickets to Sharks fans.
6. Then, Thursday/Friday, open up the rest of the stadium for sale. A free for all for whatever is left. There would be a mix of fans in the remaining areas.

This not only ensures demand for tickets, but also creates an "us vs them" divide of fans.
It's not really that hard, and I reckon that 30 - 35 000 would be there, not 13 000 at a cow paddock in The Shire.
I trust Slothfield fully supports Webster and will also be calling for the Sharks to move their home semi to a larger ground. I mean he was very vocal years ago calling for the Dragons to move their home semi. Surely he’s not going to show himself to be a hypocrite?

Pneuma

First Grade
No, he's consistently pointing out our own sports failures. Of which we have many failures and where we could do so much better. It's not a bad thing. We don't want to become like the ALF and think we are the most perfect sport in the world. There is a lot we can improve on.
You are one of a small minority. He constantly knocks the Nrl and praises the afl. He’s a pain in the ass and a relentless flamer. He is the total package of a whinging Pom.

t-ba

Post Whore
You are one of a small minority. He constantly knocks the Nrl and praises the afl. He’s a pain in the ass and a relentless flamer. He is the total package of a whinging Pom.

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

Jesus Christ I can't stand the miserable old Pom but he is absolutely living rent free in your head.

Suitman

Post Whore

To an extent, yes - the quintessential whining Pom.
Yes, I am certainly one of a small minority, but that is because there is so many League fans who don't like hearing the truth sometimes.
Our game is going gangbusters atm and I f**king love it, but we aren't perfect and there are many issues which we could improve.
It's just some of those issues that I agree with PR.
Mate, we do not want to become like the AFL and pretend that our game is perfect in every way. But damn, we are getting close atm. This years crowds and tv ratings have been mind blowing!
If we can improve things further, we should. And we can.
I love this sport as much as people like you and no doubt, people like PR.
Any critical analysis can only make for better discussion and improvement in our game.
Don't forget, I've taken him to task in the past as well for some comments he's made.
I always like to keep an open mind to what people think and then judge accordingly.

Pjf04b

Juniors
It is what the A-League have done for years for the WSW vs ESFC derby and always creates ticket demand.
The same thing happens at Commbank these days as well.
This isnt done for crowd atmosphere, this done for safety and security, and to hopefully prevent crowd violence.

Suitman

Post Whore
This isnt done for crowd atmosphere, this done for safety and security, and to hopefully prevent crowd violence.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Oh, ffs.
So why did the NRL do it in 2009, and why they still try and do it now, including GF's.

Pjf04b

Juniors
That maybe true but in the A-League it is for safety and security. They also have double the security there compared to a NRL game.

Wb1234

Immortal
perhaps home final advantage should only be for teams one and two

rewarding teams who came 5th or 6th isn’t needed

MugaB

Coach
Tis stupid, but that's suburban thinking for you.
Not the point, if it was against anyone else I'd probably agree, but it would be unethical to gift home ground advantage to the roosters in a prelim, that they were lucky to even squeeze into the 8...
I dumbfounded that souffs and parra f**kd up their run so badly that has let these turds makethe finals, after their train wreck of a season

Latest posts