What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Wb1234

Referee
Don’t get me started (again). They’re making 3 games this year basically inaccessible to the majority of Brisbane. Probably shutting 15-20k fans out this weekend when they should be trying to build and solidify their fan base city wide.

Redcliffe can have 1-2 Thursday night and/or pre-Origin games and a trial.
Probably based it on dragons form last year

still dragons have a huge fan base up there regardless

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
See how the phins are tracking at the end of the year. I’m pretty sure nobody (them included) expected last years start and consequent bandwagon, they likely thought they needed Kayo to keep costs down and be able to maintain a good atmosphere at games while the team struggled in the first few seasons.

The Great Dane

First Grade
See how the phins are tracking at the end of the year. I’m pretty sure nobody (them included) expected last years start and consequent bandwagon, they likely thought they needed Kayo to keep costs down and be able to maintain a good atmosphere at games while the team struggled in the first few seasons.
The Dolphins have gone pretty much exactly as I expected them to go.

It’s not just their stadium arrangement that’s stunting their growth either, their branding and marketing is amateur hour as well.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The Dolphins have gone pretty much exactly as I expected them to go.

It’s not just their stadium arrangement that’s stunting their growth either, their branding and marketing is amateur hour as well.
You expected them to win their first three and spend the first half of the season in the 8? I doubt many were that optimistic. I get that depth was always going to be their big issue as it turned out to be, but I doubt many thought the start would be as good.

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
With magic selling out so early the qld is missing out on tens of millions of extra revenue pa if they had a 70k seat stadium

they could even tie the upgrades to getting a few grand finals

Jamberoo

Juniors
This thread is going to be interesting come Monday with the release of the report on what to do with stadiums in Brisbane for the Olympics. 70k Suncorp is rumoured to be part of it
The aim of the review is to reduce spending for the Olympics, so not sure a half billion upgrade to Suncorp is going to be announced. Most likely a small expansion of capacity under the existing roofline and improvements to amenities. Reckon a new 50k stadium at Victoria Park is likely as it will less than half the cost of the Gabba rebuild. What a mess!

Latest posts