What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

jim_57

Staff member
Pretty much the same as what Mt Smart needs, though I wouldn’t put a full north stand there, I’d do something closer to what’s been done at QCB with the north end kept more open.
At Mt Smart I’d put some permanent terracing on the northern embankment and keep the current fanzone area below it open, with the option to erect temporary seating there for big matches.

Yeh I think something like that works, ideally build a 2 tier stand that wraps the East to West, at the other end just the lower bowl with a concourse at the back. Should get it up around or over 40k. It looks like it was designed with end stands to come with the “corners” on the west stand already.

Mt Smart similar deal, could get it to 30-35k without costing too much.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Council is independent of the state govt
Surely if state govt agreed to rebuild LO the council would hand over a long term lease to it to venues nsw?

they are asking for $30mill? What do they think they are going to do for that little?

colly

Juniors
Surely if state govt agreed to rebuild LO the council would hand over a long term lease to it to venues nsw?

they are asking for $30mill? What do they think they are going to do for that little?
You know nothing about NSW politics! Today Council won judgement for $200 million dollars against NSW GOV.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You know nothing about NSW politics! Today Council won judgement for $200 million dollars against NSW GOV.
Well if the local council would turn down handing over lease on the land in return for $150mill rebuild of LO they dont deserve an nrl club to be playing there.

Wb1234

Immortal

Northern end grandstand like brookvale

they won’t touch the hill

plus improved toilets and some shops

the southern grand stand is heritage listed (Keith Barnes)

then if they had more money do the main latchem Robinson grandstand as two tiers like Newcastle (that would need 200 million so unlikely)

Last edited:

jim_57

Staff member
Leichhardt oval shouldn't have a cent spent on it as an NRL venue. As a venue for local sports? Spend away.

Only has half a tenant so same as Kogarah they’ll be pushing it to get much if any money for upgrades. Campbelltown has the A-League side and Wollongong being regional they both probably have a better chance of getting some funding.

Still think the Dog’s Liverpool plan but shared with Tigers would be the ideal outcome for the Tigers.

Wb1234

Immortal
Richo is going for accor cause he’s a dope

if he switched it to allianz it would work

the metro at Lilly field would get you to allianz in the same time if you parked there and walked to leichardt oval

but the tigers aren’t leaving lo fully either

I would split games evenly between allianz and their two home grounds

Iamback

Coach
They could of had this sorted IF they did what Manly did and built their CoE into LO.

They didn't and got 2 lots of CoE money so that is their loss

Latest posts