What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Wb1234

Immortal
The Tigers would have more chance of an upgrade if they pitched an upgrade of Campbelltown in partnership with MacArthur FC. But they’re dumb so they’re flogging the Leichhardt Oval horse
Remember when I told you the wahs could play games at Eden park vs mt smart

it’s like that

Vlad59

Bench
I went to Leichhardt once. That was enough. Getting there was a bad joke. The hill was a mud pile. The grandstands ancient and uncomfortable. What is the appeal?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Remember when I told you the wahs could play games at Eden park vs mt smart

it’s like that
No it’s not. Eden Park is a massive multi use stadium that will never be good for League until they get rid of Cricket there and is also owned by a Cricket/Union aligned trust.
Campbelltown is a council-owned rectangular stadium.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I think Richardson knows this and will move us.
Campbelltown actually has the space and layout to be able to be upgraded in stages at a reasonable cost too. Start by putting a full sized stand on the western side and you’ve already got a 20K capacity park with good sightlines.

Bukowski

Bench
Campbelltown actually has the space and layout to be able to be upgraded in stages at a reasonable cost too. Start by putting a full sized stand on the western side and you’ve already got a 20K capacity park with good sightlines.
They've got COE coming aswell so hopefully it's done like Brookvale and has seating/boxes included. Something could be done on the south side linking it to the club.

Wb1234

Immortal
No it’s not. Eden Park is a massive multi use stadium that will never be good for League until they get rid of Cricket there and is also owned by a Cricket/Union aligned trust.
Campbelltown is a council-owned rectangular stadium.
Double standard with league fans when it comes to their own ground is hilarious

Iamback

Coach
Campbelltown has a similar location and no upgrade

Which is used 4 times a year.

Penrith is in the middle of the West corridor and has a fulltime tennant.

I would of happily sacrificed my walk to home games to share an elite ground.

Tigers chose to ignore the fastest area in the state, So Penrith gets the new Stadium which will host more events

Wb1234

Immortal
Which is used 4 times a year.

Penrith is in the middle of the West corridor and has a fulltime tennant.

I would of happily sacrificed my walk to home games to share an elite ground.

Tigers chose to ignore the fastest area in the state, So Penrith gets the new Stadium which will host more events
You sure Campbelltown hosts four games a year ?

unlike Penrith it’s multi tenanted

Iamback

Coach
You sure Campbelltown hosts four games a year ?

unlike Penrith it’s multi tenanted

I am sure the 50 people that watch A League there move the needle.

Again though you have 2 hotels across the road
Train
Bus
Major road access
Light rail connecting to a 10min train trip

Location plays a big part too but without Tigers getting involved too there was zero chance of a new site being used

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I am sure the 50 people that watch A League there move the needle.

Again though you have 2 hotels across the road
Train
Bus
Major road access
Light rail connecting to a 10min train trip

Location plays a big part too but without Tigers getting involved too there was zero chance of a new site being used
Also has Wests Leagues right next door and is in the middle of a major growth area.
Compared to Leichhardt, tucked in the corner of a gentrified suburb, no leagues club, f**k-all parking, 15 minute walk to the light rail, congested local roads. Leichhardt is a dead end, should just be kept as a community sport venue.

Last edited:

jim_57

Staff member
I’m a broken record on this one but every team should have a home venue where they play at least 9 games. I’d even go as far as to say the NRL should mandate it, I doubt they ever would but Tigers & Dragons have had 25 years to work this shit out.

The fact that both still seem to be running on the ‘Split fan bases’ model is a pretty big failure to build the “new era” of each club.

Last edited:

Latest posts