What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Iamback

Coach
Jokes aside their coe is massive

club doesn’t train at leichardt so putting any coe there causes political problems with wests

They got funding for 2 CoE's.

95% of the events the mayor mentioned are fine for Leichardt in its current state.

I'd take it over most of the local RL or soccer fields, IF NRL games were important they would of taken from the allocated money

Steel Saints

Juniors
Richo is going for accor cause he’s a dope

if he switched it to allianz it would work

the metro at Lilly field would get you to allianz in the same time if you parked there and walked to leichardt oval

but the tigers aren’t leaving lo fully either

I would split games evenly between allianz and their two home grounds

Having three "home" grounds is pretty excessive. If Leichhardt Oval doesn't receive any funding, then in the short and medium term, the Tigers should play out of Accor and Campbelltown. Now Accor is far from ideal with it's large capacity and configuration , but the Tigers COE is at Concord, which isn't too far away.

If the Tigers want to upgrade Leichhardt, then they may have to look at alternative funding methods. Over at the northern beaches, reading between the lines, Manly have just about given up on getting any funding from the state government for Brookvale Oval. So they are talking to property developers and the UFC.

At least Manly is trying to be proactive, instead of pointing the finger towards Penrith, who fully funded their own CEO.

Wb1234

Immortal
Having three "home" grounds is pretty excessive. If Leichhardt Oval doesn't receive any funding, then in the short and medium term, the Tigers should play out of Accor and Campbelltown. Now Accor is far from ideal with it's large capacity and configuration , but the Tigers COE is at Concord, which isn't too far away.

If the Tigers want to upgrade Leichhardt, then they may have to look at alternative funding methods. Over at the northern beaches, reading between the lines, Manly have just about given up on getting any funding from the state government for Brookvale Oval. So they are talking to property developers and the UFC.

At least Manly is trying to be proactive, instead of pointing the finger towards Penrith, who fully funded their own CEO.
Accor doesn’t pay 100k a game to clubs anymore

it’s corporate facilities have poor views and are dated

Wb1234

Immortal
They got funding for 2 CoE's.

95% of the events the mayor mentioned are fine for Leichardt in its current state.

I'd take it over most of the local RL or soccer fields, IF NRL games were important they would of taken from the allocated money
I’ll be surprised if leichardt doesn’t end up getting 30 millon tbh

Steel Saints

Juniors
I’ll be surprised if leichardt doesn’t end up getting 30 millon tbh

Leichhardt Oval needs more than $30 million. Leichhardt is up against AAMI Park, Commbank Stadium, Allianz, Suncorp, QCB Stadium, Cbus Stadium, Macdonald Jones Stadium and pretty soon a redeveloped Bluebet Stadium.

Now Souths moved to Accor Stadium more than 15 years ago. They do have an option of returning to Allianz Stadium whenever the contract runs out at Accor.

In short to mid term, Tigers could be at Accor and Campbelltown. But in the long term, the Tigers could have options, such as a redeveloped Campbelltown and Leichhardt. Could be private funding for those upgrades. A new stadium at Liverpool or a new 80k rectangular Accor.

A run down venue like Leichhardt oval doesn't belong in a professional sport.

I predicted that would happen. You don't one week bag off the Government (like Byrne did last week) and then turn around the next week and expect them to do you a favour.

Also to those who are apparently referring to Leichhardt Oval as "The Eighth Wonder of the World", if LO is no. 8, heaven help how bad nos 1-7 must be. LO is not fit for big time professional sports of any code in my book. It may provide a "good atmosphere" but it does not provide you with a steady and good revenue stream.

You can't forever rely on Leagues Club grants. I mean in all seriousness, could you see teams like the Storm, Broncos, Rabbitohs or Roosters consistently playing NRL games at a venue similar to LO when they have their respective current venues available? None of those organisations are stupid in a commercial sense.

Wb1234

Immortal
I predicted that would happen. You don't one week bag off the Government (like Byrne did last week) and then turn around the next week and expect them to do you a favour.

Also to those who are apparently referring to Leichhardt Oval as "The Eighth Wonder of the World", if LO is no. 8, heaven help how bad nos 1-7 must be. LO is not fit for big time professional sports of any code in my book. It may provide a "good atmosphere" but it does not provide you with a steady and good revenue stream.

You can't forever rely on Leagues Club grants. I mean in all seriousness, could you see teams like the Storm, Broncos, Rabbitohs or Roosters consistently playing NRL games at a venue similar to LO when they have their respective current venues available? None of those organisations are stupid in a commercial sense.
As long as they win games especially at leichardt the pressure will just ratchet up

Penrith wouldn’t be getting a new stadium if they were coming last

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

Agreed. The Tigers need to decide if they want to be a proper modern professional sports team with a modern ground a community/retro club like the Newtown Jets playing out of a heritage ground. And if it’s the latter they should drop to NSW Cup and make way for an expansion team.

Wb1234

Immortal
Penrith are getting one because of their location.

If Tigers weren't anti-success them and Penrith would be sharing one out near the airport.

That growth area is why Penrith is getting done
Campbelltown has a similar location and no upgrade