What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

What happened to the tough talk from Peter Beattie a fortnight or so back? Looks like Rugby League administrators have bent over and settled for second best.

What could they do realistically? Ayres stuffed this up all the way by undoing the original deal. The rest of the NSW Government are too worried about getting re-elected to care if the NRL are angry or not, and the ALP having ridden on the issue would not care either.

Yes it is not perfect, but it is not as if nothing is happening either. If the NRL pulled the GF, the current Govt would then more than likely pull the funding for ANZ alltogether, and Labor would just not care as they would probably do the same.

The one thing I klnow from experience, unless you have a really big ground swell of public opinion, the NRL alone would not be able to get the NSW Government to change their minds. Politicians rarely ever change their midnms once something has been announced. They look at it as a "loss of face".

You'd think they would have to be looking at the backs of the heads/stands in front of them if they are left where they are....or ANZ will not be getting a steep-sided setup to get fans near the action in this new rectangular layout. Sitting just as far away with more rows of people in front, relatively flat, solves nothing. Save the $800million.

Shit, now you’ve got me even more concerned.

I'll wait till I see the designs before I pass judgement.

I doubt the top tiers can be completely unchanged, despite what the early reports say.

That’s what kills me, how can you announce an $800m project without some detailed plans? Public is treated like mugs.

Suitman

Post Whore
That’s what kills me, how can you announce an $800m project without some detailed plans?

Because the state govt have bowed to the public and media pressure (f**k off Fiztbandana) and really don't have an alternative plan as yet, but they thought it would be great publicity to knock off half a billion bucks of funding and see what the public reaction would be then. Well, blow me down, it's been just as negative.
It was as clear as day that they didn't have an alternative design. Gladys didn't even know what percentage of the stadium would be rebuilt. She just chucked the 2/3 rd's figure out there, and even stumbled across that.

This policy will no doubt change again leading up to the next election.

T-Boon

Coach
this is tripe

utter tripe

how can this be tolerated
the new venue will be barely any better then the piece of poop we have now !!
so why bother
why do anything
the top tiers needs to be brought closer along with the lower ones to make it a

PROPER f**kING RECTANGLE VENUE

as a sport we've caved
we talked tough , but when it came to the crunch
we folded like soft cocks

Oh
we hoped for a rebuild

but whadaya gunna do ??

WTF ?????

seriously ??
theres plenty you can do .... like telling the NSW Govt to
GET f**kED !!!!

our promised stadium will be lipstick on a pig ... & we're coping it

not good enough
not even close to being good enough !!!

Is this a Rage Against the Machine song or what?

applesauce

Bench

applesauce

Bench
If the NRL has any balls they would call the governments bluff and blow a hole in the refurb BCR.

Attachments

• 5406B175-6FE4-4432-A54D-50B7BFE30826.jpeg
    5406B175-6FE4-4432-A54D-50B7BFE30826.jpeg
    245 KB · Views: 21

insert.pause

First Grade
I will believe it when I see it. There's every chance of another backflip from this government. I find it very unbelievable that a refurbished ANZ Stadium will be ready by 2021, unless it's a refurb in name only that is.

Billythekid

First Grade
It's a waste of money. 700-800 million just on a refurb? Might as well not bother.

Allianz is getting far more money than it needed to, it should have been a similar stadium to what Parra is getting.

Now we're going to spend 1.5 billion (and let's face it that will blow out massively) and will miss out on the one thing we really needed. A large world class purpose built rectangular stadium.

Quidgybo

Bench
Original Refurbishment (All internal stands rebuilt, roof retained with fully closing sections added)
DDA65A43-6BBD-4AF2-9444-86FCE02EEA0C.jpeg

Complete Rebuild
EFEE064E-7EAF-4B93-8E0F-521093070DF8.jpeg

Updated Refurbishment (Lower bowl+ends rebuilt, extensions to mid levels, upper decks retained, roof extensions)
5291D61B-F19F-4C86-8343-EC37CEB8620C.jpeg

Last edited:

Quidgybo

Bench
Either the internal shots above from the video don’t actually show the roof extensions (despite it highlighting them) or we’re in for another complete design f**k up. Assuming for club games, the upper deck and upper ends are closed off, and assuming the mid decks are reserved for the nobility, the only place for the average fan is the lower bowl. And guess which part of the stadium won’t be covered by the roof line... 30 years after the SFS roof farce, it seems we’ve learned nothing in a city well know for its fans aversion to getting wet. How is this supposed to improve attendances?

Leigh.

Reactions: siv

Quidgybo

Bench

His responses give me hope that they haven’t actually signed the 25 year Grand Final deal yet. He seems to imply we still have some leverage to influence the final design. We’ll see.

Leigh.

Latest posts