What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

big hit!

Bench
The whole area around East Village( Zetland) really needs a public transport up grade, it Is so high density and all it has is a couple of crappy bus services going through it from San Souci,Mascot or Eastgardens to the city or a cross country bus from Wolli Creek to Bondi Jct. the south west metro line should have been slightly re routed and tried to in corporate stations in this area instead of the Waterloo station which is already serviced by better public transport with buses to the city, Redfern and Green Square stations.

on largely single lane roads or 4-lane roads with curbside parking outside of clearways. there aren't many right turn bays on these roads either so if someone does decide to turn right (with Sydney's customary signalling within the last 10m metres before a turn) and there is oncoming traffic, then traffic gets held up substantially.

unforgiven

Bench
The idea behind a refurbished parramatta is to attract more than one NRL team, the old stadium wouldn’t have done that. Wether that transpires we’re yet to find out, but there’s some talk the tigers are interested in moving there.

The Tigers will be playing at least the ANZ games there, maybe more

El Diablo

Post Whore
The Cowboys needed a new stadium..As for Parra their home field wasn't exactly old and yet the government demolished it, what a waste of tax payers money
it was over 30 years old and has two tenants so it's used close to all year round

ladder position means diddly and i don't think either team was going shit when they decided to do those two stadiums

I'd go further and play one game each at LO and CO and the rest at WSS.

They’re committed to Tamworth for a game a season, so I was factoring that in.

This may seem crazy but I’d abandon Campbelltown all together, I just don’t think 1 game a year there works.

So I was thinking

8 WSS
3 LO
1 Tamworth

But 2 at LO would be enough.

unforgiven

Bench

This may seem crazy but I’d abandon Campbelltown all together, I just don’t think 1 game a year there works.

So I was thinking

8 WSS
3 LO
1 Tamworth

I'd really push the link between the Wests Magpies Reserve team and the Wests Tigers in the Campbelltown region and play the Campbelltown game as a big celebration of the region. Do it in the school holidays, run coaching clinics, give free tickets to kids, play in a Magpies jersey etc. Really sell this as the history of club. Get past players involved in a week long celebration.

Wear a Balmain jersey in the return to Leichhardt game and it sells itself.

Dump Tamworth game.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

So I was thinking

8 WSS
3 LO
1 Tamworth

Yeh, unless someone has number to prove otherwise, i would find it hard to believe that the CO game actually makes the Tigers any money. The Tigers are probably better off limiting that to 1 game a year.

Its not like the local Leagues Club is contributing either.

Seems like theyd be better off trying to build a regular audience around Parra/ANZ with some Nostalgia games at LO.

Raiderdave

First Grade
its sort of risky abandoning 300K people who now identify with your team , altho theres fans of every club in Campbelltown , most are tigers fans
but
they haven't been connecting & showing their support of late so that's on them
plus the leagues club doesn't contribute , so yeah , the bare minimum of games for CO I think

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
its sort of risky abandoning 300K people who now identify with your team , altho theres fans of every club in Campbelltown , most are tigers fans
but
plus the leagues club doesn't contribute , so yeah , the bare minimum of games for CO I think

IIRC in the last 6 years CO have averaged more than 10k only twice and nothing above 11k. Go back firther and it doesnt get much better...

With only 3/4 games a year, youd think fans would get excited for their local games.

I think the better option is junior development, fan engagement and a local NSW cup team.

If they want an NRL game, they should head into the city like everyone else (its why i think a Liverpool homebase would be perfect for the Tigers)

but

They don’t identify with them, that’s the issue. An area like Campbelltown needs basically 100% commitment, as you say, lots on new arrivals to the area. They often support other teams or no team at all.

I don’t see 1 game as doing anything, I’d abandon the region completely.

hutch

First Grade
They don’t identify with them, that’s the issue. An area like Campbelltown needs basically 100% commitment, as you say, lots on new arrivals to the area. They often support other teams or no team at all.

They didn’t identify with the wests magpies either though. Their crowds were woeful.

They didn’t identify with the wests magpies either though. Their crowds were woeful.

I agree, it was much the same problem. Areas like Campbelltown take a long time to cultivate, similar to Penrith. Panthers were around for 20 years before the area fully embraced them. Even today there’s lot of fans from other clubs in the area.

unforgiven

Bench
IIRC in the last 6 years CO have averaged more than 10k only twice and nothing above 11k. Go back firther and it doesnt get much better...

With only 3/4 games a year, youd think fans would get excited for their local games.

I think the better option is junior development, fan engagement and a local NSW cup team.

If they want an NRL game, they should head into the city like everyone else (its why i think a Liverpool homebase would be perfect for the Tigers)
100% agree on the Liverpool idea, just isn't going to happen. 1 game for Campbelltown and 1 for Leichhardt.

unforgiven

Bench

A 100% commitment will make no difference, 1 back to our roots game is what I'd like to see.