What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Slightly off topic, but if Tigers do commit to Parra stadium and Balmain cannot pay back their debts, i wonder if Wests would look to partner with any of the LCs in the Parra region.

Wests have said they dont what full ownership. If Balmain isnt an option, maybe Wentworth, Blacktown or Cabramatta LCs would want a piece.

I dont know the financial situations of these clubs, but the Parra stadium move would open some of these doors...

Timbo

Staff member
Geez, it's going to be a great game-day experience when it's done.

I hope we get a gradient similar to it at the new SFS. Imagine if we could use those two stadiums for the majority of club games in Sydney, with the odd nostalgia game at suburban ovals.

Geez, it's going to be a great game-day experience when it's done.

I hope we get a gradient similar to it at the new SFS. Imagine if we could use those two stadiums for the majority of club games in Sydney, with the odd nostalgia game at suburban ovals.

I just hope the SFS retains a 30k club mode in its design. Fear it could be lost for the underground car park the trust so desperately “need”

Timbo

Staff member
I just hope the SFS retains a 30k club mode in its design. Fear it could be lost for the underground car park the trust so desperately “need”

I still think 35k is the right size for the SFS. There are some absolutely spectacular 35k designs out there that don't have a bad seat in the house. I reckon the Socceroos and Wallabies would be OK with it too, you could put a premium on the seats. It also probably wouldn't effect the gold memberships too badly.

Slightly off topic, but if Tigers do commit to Parra stadium and Balmain cannot pay back their debts, i wonder if Wests would look to partner with any of the LCs in the Parra region.

Wests have said they dont what full ownership. If Balmain isnt an option, maybe Wentworth, Blacktown or Cabramatta LCs would want a piece.

I dont know the financial situations of these clubs, but the Parra stadium move would open some of these doors...

I doubt Wentworthville would. About 10 years or so ago, they wanted to pull out of the (then) Metropolitan Cup. The Board looked very hard at it until someone pointed out that fielding a team in the competition is in the Leagues Club's constitution as being the aim of the club. I doubt much has changed in that regard and they won't want to increase their operating expenses.

I still think 35k is the right size for the SFS. There are some absolutely spectacular 35k designs out there that don't have a bad seat in the house. I reckon the Socceroos and Wallabies would be OK with it too, you could put a premium on the seats. It also probably wouldn't effect the gold memberships too badly.

35k would be a good solution, but if it’s going to be 45k I want to see that club mode.

Perfect solution would be abolishing the trust & abolishing gold memberships, they really hurt the clubs that use the stadium. Without members 30/35k wouldn’t be a problem.

I doubt Wentworthville would. About 10 years or so ago, they wanted to pull out of the (then) Metropolitan Cup. The Board looked very hard at it until someone pointed out that fielding a team in the competition is in the Leagues Club's constitution as being the aim of the club. I doubt much has changed in that regard and they won't want to increase their operating expenses.

Shits me that many of these clubs have lost touch with what they’re supposed to be about. Rugby League.

Suitman

Post Whore
So,

Parra have released their season ticket details at the new Western Sydney Stadium.
I note there are only two bays on the western corporate side that are available for members, and each seat is $1100 for a season ticket. (Dark Blue section below). That is for both Adults AND Children. And they aren't actually great seats for viewing.

On the other hand, a general admission season ticket (the purple section below) is just $150 per adult with juniors getting in free (I don't know how that works on game day?), and a general admission family ticket membership is just $300. That's pretty good value for pretty good seats, considering how good the viewing sightlines are going to be from these seats.

I'm actually thinking that this will change before season ticket/membership goes on sale.
There just seems that there is something not right about this layout.

Latest posts