What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

jargan83

Coach
I wouldn't worry about it, it's all just negotiating tactics. Judging by the Eels release they expect to play there.

I'd assume that as well, there was a similar to and throw over here before Optus Stadium opened.

I'd assume the statement from Parra is designed to put a bit of pressure on whoever is negotiating?

beave

Coach
Thank christ NQ paid 10 years rent straight up ($10mil with the NRL covering the interest on the bank loan) that went into the construction costs of the new NQ stadium. I feel that if we didn’t do that, the QLD gov would have bent us over deluxe with rent on a year by year basis. Hope parra can sort it quickly.

Quicksilver

Bench
lulz.

This is why new stadiums should be an 80-100 year investment. Not a 30 or 40.

Feel bad for Parra. They already had a totally adequate stadium.

LineBall

Juniors
Fkn Parra, literally get gifted a brand new stadium, and now want to play hard ball with the tenancy.

Other clubs have to fight tooth and nail for a coat of paint on a pigs arse, and people wonder why crowds are sht.

Bit like being gifted a new mansion - but now you have to pay $2000 per week rent. Parra sound like they are trying to avoid the crappy deal that the Titans got at Robina.

Quicksilver

Bench
A 100 year stadium?

Are you serious?

Yes, with regular maintenance and some upgrades where necessary. Look at some of the components of the SCG.

Concrete should last that long.

The economics for a stadium are generally really bad. At the end of the day someone has to pay. And it looks like the dad taking his kids to the game is going to be left holding the bag for this one.

Suitman

Post Whore
I applaud Parramatta's stance.
Apparently they were bent over and f**ked hard when they had to sign a deal with ANZ when it was announced that they would be evicted from Parra during the re-build. Were paying far more than the Souths and Bulldogs deals.
The Wanderers have also refused the terms so it's not just the Eels kicking up a stink.

Compare this to the eastern teams - the Waratahs, Sydney FC and the Roosters. They have been offered compensation for having to move due to the re-build of Allianz.
The Eels and Wanderers never got a cent.

Suitman

Post Whore
I just cant believe the West Sydney clubs arent bargaining collectively on this...

No wonder NRL clubs keep getting these shit deals

Agreed.
The NRL, the Eels, Tigers, Panthers and maybe even the Dog's (for the odd game) should be going hand in hand to Venue's NSW and fighting the same cause together, in return for content for the stadium.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I'd assume that as well, there was a similar to and throw over here before Optus Stadium opened.

I'd assume the statement from Parra is designed to put a bit of pressure on whoever is negotiating?
if the WSW do the same then they'll have to do something or risk having a new stadium with no tennants