What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Suitman

Post Whore
There's almost no chance that Canberra gets one of the A-league licenses (it'll almost certainly be another Sydney club and Melbourne club), but even if we did Barr would just move the goalposts again, so I wouldn't let myself get excited if I was you.

And he would move the goalposts towards the four post game, where everyone's a winner (even if you miss), as opposed to the rectangualar sports.

beave

Coach
I’ve never been to Eden Park, why is there such a hatred for it by the rectangular sports?

Saint Doc

Coach
47AC12B8-CEE1-4EDD-841E-8866AAC45A50.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
https://www.ftbl.com.au/video/watch-wsw-see-new-home-as-deal-row-goes-on-514383

NSW Government reportedly wanted the NRL side to pay $210,000 a week to rent the glittering $300m showpiece stadium once work is complete next year.

But the club says that fee is unsustainable for the club which used to pay just $70,000 at the old venue before it was razed and replaced.
Also worth noting that article suggests completion is now set for June - more than a month later than the initially planned date.

The Eels are going to have to play home games elsewhere for the first 12 rounds by the looks.

TheDalek079

Bench
I’ve never been to Eden Park, why is there such a hatred for it by the rectangular sports?

they play cricket there, so the field is bigger than a normal rectangular field to accomodate cricket. So the seats are some distance away from the action. Also, you need 25k+ for a decent atmosphere, which seems to only get reached for ABs matches, ODIs/T20s against Aus/India/Eng and maybe an early season super rugby match

Jamberoo

Juniors
Swansscoreboard620.jpg

Two new scoreboards going in @ SCG. Earlier in the year they announced that they wanted to restore and bring back that old cricket scoreboard somewhere (like @ Adelaide Oval), but I assume this has been shelved - this new screen will be the largest in the southern hemisphere. It will be interesting to see how many games are scheduled there.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Swansscoreboard620.jpg

Two new scoreboards going in @ SCG. Earlier in the year they announced that they wanted to restore and bring back that old cricket scoreboard somewhere (like @ Adelaide Oval), but I assume this has been shelved - this new screen will be the largest in the southern hemisphere. It will be interesting to see how many games are scheduled there.
As I understand this is using the existing screens at the soon to be demolished Allianz. As for matches scheduled there, I believe it's 9 for the Roosters and the Dragons may be moving a game there (plus the Swans' 11 home games).