What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yes, I have. Thought about the shit storm closing it to make it a construction storage zone for a stadium you'd unleash from people who live locally, Clover Moore, the Greens et al? You'd be giving them a big free kick as they'd go on about losing green space in the inner city. I suggest you have some idea of the political fallout when you make suggestions.

I might not like what I'm pointing out, but these are what would need to be addressed.

One way to reduce that would be to start off covering over the platforms at the central end to create a Fed square type open space and at the Redfern end for future concourses/green space. Once that part is done those spaces can then be used as construction storage for the main build in the centre.

T to the T

Juniors
OK, for someone who is casually following this from the other side of the world, please may someone confirm:

What is happening to SFS and what the capacity will be?
Ditto Homebush?

Thanks

siv

First Grade
The new metro line will run to Olympic Park from the city.

But not link at Strathfield for regional commuters from the north or Central for southern regional commuters

Amd I noticed fast trains from the west dont stop at Lidcombe but do at Strathfield

Sound like you dont use regional trains much

siv

First Grade
OK, for someone who is casually following this from the other side of the world, please may someone confirm:

Ditto Homebush?

Thanks

I have given up on a future SFS

I expect a car park for the SCG to be put in its place and another office block

Suitman

Post Whore
Feb 20 ……

47225372482_741e57a236_b.jpg

T to the T

Juniors
I have given up on a future SFS

I expect a car park for the SCG to be put in its place and another office block
Can't SFS be replaced with a Western Sydney Stadium MK2 at a vastly cheaper price than what is proposed, and Homebush properly revamped?

SFS replacement doesn't have to be more than 30k, no?

Dogs Of War

Coach
Can't SFS be replaced with a Western Sydney Stadium MK2 at a vastly cheaper price than what is proposed, and Homebush properly revamped?

I think that the best arguement. Though what happens with Trust members and there "guaranteed" seats.

franklin2323

Immortal

The ads the opposition are running are on the premise that Allianz is perfect fine. So I assume they will just put the seats back in and prob minor upgrades but yes for me Parra stadium style works given the location of the ground and usage

But not link at Strathfield for regional commuters from the north or Central for southern regional commuters

Amd I noticed fast trains from the west dont stop at Lidcombe but do at Strathfield

Sound like you dont use regional trains much

I lived in the Blue Mountains for a number of years, so yes I have used regional trains.

North Strathfield will interchange with the metro, it wouldn’t surprise me to see that station included on the regional stops because of this.

Some people will need to continue to interchange, very hard to design a new train line to suit everyone. There’s always compromises.

TheFrog

Coach
That would be the logical plan but it would cost a bomb to tunnel under Strathfield station (which itself could really use a spruce up).

horrie hastings

First Grade

Ditto Homebush?

Thanks

Depends on what state government gets in in the upcoming election, if the Liberals get in the SFS will be a brand new bells and whistle stadium with a 45,000 capacity, if Labour get in they will not pay a cent if the above SFS rebuild goes a head but would probably just do minor refurbishments to current stadium.

As for Homebush the Liberals will do major upgrades to lower sections of the ground for better viewing, seating etc but the very upper level will stay the same. If Labour get in the ground stay the same as it is now.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

I personally don't think so but others have mounted good arguments for it to remain around the ~45k mark the existing one was at.

Personally I'd like to see some money thrown at converting ANZ to a proper rectangle. It is no longer used for oval sports and needs the change.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
if Labour get in they will not pay a cent if the above SFS rebuild goes a head but would probably just do minor refurbishments to current stadium.
My understanding is they will proceed with some kind of rebuild, not an upgrade - but not the Libs version of the stadium either.

horrie hastings

First Grade
My understanding is they will proceed with some kind of rebuild, not an upgrade - but not the Libs version of the stadium either.

Ah ok, it would be interesting to see what sort of rebuild they would do seeing Michael Daley thinks there was nothing wrong with the SFS in its current format, the whole thing is just a nightmare, getting so so sick of the twoing and throwing happening with the SFS.

sempmrh

Juniors
I think Bankwest Stadium looks fantastic both inside and out and another stadium similar to that to replace Allianz would be perfect. A stadium doesn’t need to be to be a glossy, futuristic statement piece to look good and deliver a world class experience.

And yes, I’m aware AAMI Park could probably be considered a ‘glossy, futuristic statement piece’ but I would have been just as happy with a more ‘basic’ stadium like Bankwest Stadium.

T-Boon

Coach
Last edited:

Latest posts