What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

franklin2323

Immortal
because the average person is a f**king moronic sheep and will think what the media tell them to think. Fitzsimmons the merkin got in early and set the tone for the reaction to these stadiums. Hopefully you lot in NSW see through the bullshit and don’t allow labor back in. It blows my mind that the Labor party are taking this line on the stadium and basic infrastructure issues in Sydney.

All it would of taken is all the tennants of this to all get in. Call a presser and list the economic benefits of an upgrade etc.. hard to blame the sheep when those in charge had allowed it

adamkungl

Immortal
If the government framed the debate around a world class city having world class infrastructure, instead of ridiculous sidetracks like flammable deathtrap seats, maybe dopes like Pirate Pete wouldn't look so smart.

Calling a stadium a deathtrap while playing weekly games there just makes you look like a f**king idiot.

The_Wookie

Bench
Sshh the Wookie is an AFL apologist.He ignores the Govt money expended on Spotless and the SCG,SA and Wa stadiums for the AFL's benefit.The State Labor Govt was broke ATT when money was thrown at spotless/Blacktown.

None of which has anything to do with what happened in Victoria. Which is what I was addressing here. Dont just hate for the sake of it.

I didnt ignore the Govenrment money spent on Spotless, the SCG, Adelaide and Perth stadiums - although Ill note that all 4 are used for Cricket - 2 of them grounds where Cricket is also a primary tenant - Perth was built with the expectation that international cricket and the BBL would move, Adelaide was already run by the SACA, and the SCG is cricket orientated for half the year. Never mind the plethora of sports that have used all four, or that Adelaide and Perth replaced stadiums that were built in the 70s.

Ill note as well that the Vic Gov contribution to Marvel Stadium includes the stipulation that the ground must be available to other sports and available to be included in government major events planning - for the next 30 years.

Ive said elsewhere that Allianz needs replacement - its the right age and almost every other major stadium in the country has been built, rebuilt or renovated since its construction.

taipan

Referee
None of which has anything to do with what happened in Victoria. Which is what I was addressing here. Dont just hate for the sake of it.

I didnt ignore the Govenrment money spent on Spotless, the SCG, Adelaide and Perth stadiums - although Ill note that all 4 are used for Cricket - 2 of them grounds where Cricket is also a primary tenant - Perth was built with the expectation that international cricket and the BBL would move, Adelaide was already run by the SACA, and the SCG is cricket orientated for half the year. Never mind the plethora of sports that have used all four, or that Adelaide and Perth replaced stadiums that were built in the 70s.

Ill note as well that the Vic Gov contribution to Marvel Stadium includes the stipulation that the ground must be available to other sports and available to be included in government major events planning - for the next 30 years.

Ive said elsewhere that Allianz needs replacement - its the right age and almost every other major stadium in the country has been built, rebuilt or renovated since its construction.

Not a case of hating ,as I have stated the rectangular codes were slow off (due incompetence)the mark to secure decent funding, and this is one of the reasons we are having the dramas.with Sydney stadiums now.

My arrows have always been aimed at GWS,with how they have extracted funding in almost an overkill manner.And the fact ANZ Stadium was kept as is because the AFL put in money to keep it so, making it a poor viewing experience for rectangular codes .And it's really if ever used by the AFL.
So if you call that hate, then so be it.I''m non fussed.
If the ANZ had been converted as the State Govt stated would happen post the 2000OPS and then the AFL intervened I wouldn't be arguing the toss with you.

It all comes under the umbrella of State or Federal Govt grants/contributions Oz wide, which includes Victoria ,and I suggest Geelong got a slice of the action.

Cricket is played in summer ,and basically one sport AFL uses those ovals in winter .The number of times rectangular winter codes have used SA/WA/MCG is hardly overwhelming.Yes SOO will do so very odd year

T-Boon

Coach
With playing at the SCG I think the Roosters should have temporary grandstands erected on the far away sidelines.

Timbo

Staff member
With playing at the SCG I think the Roosters should have temporary grandstands erected on the far away sidelines.

It’s pretty bad for the turf. They’d also have to pack them away after every game. The Swans would probably object.

T-Boon

Coach
It’s pretty bad for the turf. They’d also have to pack them away after every game. The Swans would probably object.

Even if they just had a couple of small portable 250 seater ones and some marquees set up around the open side it would look better than empty seats 50 metres away.
Throw in a jumping castle and a sausage sizzle stand.

I think so would Sydney FC. The way the field is positioned for A-League games is different to those used for the NRL

Last edited:

Delboy

First Grade
Will give an example of,how poor at campaigning the Libs are, spoke to my local State MP, said why don't you immediately refute the suggestion about stadiums versus schools by launching an attack on Daley with the positive news re improvements going on at schools and hospitals and that the stadiums are a small part of the infrastructure spend

His answer was , believe it or not, no one knows Daley and we don't want to give him any publicity . WTF, he has been able to campaign on a greens type issue, attack anyone and everyone, jeopardise the states economic outlook and they friggn thought that not giving him any publicity would work. He has campaigned on the stadiums without having to explain anything else. iDIOTS.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If the government framed the debate around a world class city having world class infrastructure, instead of ridiculous sidetracks like flammable deathtrap seats, maybe dopes like Pirate Pete wouldn't look so smart.

Calling a stadium a deathtrap while playing weekly games there just makes you look like a f**king idiot.

The government probably wants to stay the f**k away from any “world class city” promises because someone will bring up the fact that a world class city should have world class nightlife and how they’ve completely f**ked that.

Latest posts