What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Sneaky...

State Govt knock down SFS. Now say it can't go ahead. For the greater good, let's centralise our efforts on ANZ and get that top notch...and we'll come back to SFS later.

Knowing NRL's luck, they'll knock down ANZ too, leaving two holes in the ground.

Rooster8

Juniors
Sneaky...

State Govt knock down SFS. Now say it can't go ahead. For the greater good, let's centralise our efforts on ANZ and get that top notch...and we'll come back to SFS later.

Knowing NRL's luck, they'll knock down ANZ too, leaving two holes in the ground.
By the time we come back to it, it'll just be a grass oval with grass hills. So how bout we just build a $40 canteen and leave it at that

Then the Roosters to Gosford full time because no one is going to put up watching them at the SCG for the terms of their natural life. The SFS, ANZ redevelopment/ knock down / rebuild has been a clusterf*ck from the word go and just makes me hate Mike Baird and Gladys even more than I already do.

Then the merkins will ensure the SCG is a drop in pitch and we're all fked forever.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well the good news is that we'll have some nice drama to follow this winter. Who needs GoT.

edit:
Link to old thread.

Plan for posterity.
490797-anz-stadium.jpg
I like this plan, sell the ANZ stadium land to pay for it.

Homebush is virtually Parramatta, I had forgotten this until we had to look at homes games away from Shark Park for 2 years.

Semis @ Moore Park, Roosters, Souths, Manly, Sharks, Saints.

Semis @ Parra, Parra, Penrith, Bulldogs, Wests.

This also suits the soccer tenants.

If at all, next one should be like Parra between Liverpool and Campbelltown shared by these guys Bulldogs, Wests.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
They must be loving this at AFL HQ: SFS demolished with no solid contract to rebuild, ANZ still an oval and may stay that way if costs blow out, the NRL may take the GF out of Sydney...

iu

Last edited:
Then the Roosters to Gosford full time because no one is going to put up watching them at the SCG for the terms of their natural life. The SFS, ANZ redevelopment/ knock down / rebuild has been a clusterf*ck from the word go and just makes me hate Mike Baird and Gladys even more than I already do.

No, the hate should be directed at the architect of this mess - Stuart Ayres. Baird was the one who put the kybosh on Ayres' and the SCG Trust's plan to build a new stadium over Kippax Lake, and also he was the one who pushed that ANZ should get a full refurbishment before the SFS was looked at. He in fact took responsibility for the rebuilds away from Ayres as a consequence.

It was only after Baird met his fate over the fallout from grey hound ban that Ayres busily worked away at changing the plan to the clusterf@#k we now have as Gladys didn't have the same commitment to the plan that Baird did, so Ayres got his way.

So as I said, any "hate" should primarily be focused on Ayres.

No, the hate should be directed at the architect of this mess - Stuart Ayres. Baird was the one who put the kybosh on Ayres' and the SCG Trust's plan to build a new stadium over Kippax Lake, and also he was the one who pushed that ANZ should get a full refurbishment before the SFS was looked at. He in fact took responsibility for the rebuilds away from Ayres as a consequence.

It was only after Baird met his fate over the fallout from grey hound ban that Ayres busily worked away at changing the plan to the clusterf@#k we now have as Gladys didn't have the same commitment to the plan that Baird did, so Ayres got his way.

So as I said, any "hate" should primarily be focused on Ayres.

Ayres is deeply connected with people at the SCG trust. As you say, this mess is mostly on him.

There’s an easy way out of this, though. A reduction of the stadium to 35,000 seats. They should be able to build a stadium like that for $500m, taking away many of the bells & whistles of the current proposal.

That saves them $230m to put in to doing ANZ properly.

Sydney simply doesn’t need two big rectangular stadiums.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2019/08/06/roosters-to-take-home-games-to-perth-from-2020/

The Sydney Roosters have today announced that the Club will host three home games in Perth from 2020 to 2022.

There will be one NRL Telstra Premiership match contested per season at HBF Park, which is a perfect ground to watch rugby league in Western Australia.

Roosters CEO Joe Kelly expressed his excitement about the upcoming fixtures.

“The Sydney Roosters are excited to be bringing Rugby League back to Western Australia and HBF Park for the next three seasons.

“The Roosters have a strong following in Western Australia and we are pleased to have the opportunity to expand the Sydney Roosters brand across the Country.

"It will also be a great opportunity for our Western Australian Members to watch our team play live in their home state and for those who are avid Sydney Roosters fans to join as Members.

“Following the success of State of Origin this year, the appetite for Rugby League in WA has never been stronger.

perth-stadium.png

HBF Park and the Sydney Roosters will host an NRL Telstra Premiership game for the next in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
“We would like to thank the Western Australian State Government, VenuesWest and NRLWA for their enthusiasm to see Rugby League return to Western Australia and from our Head Coach through to our playing group we can’t wait to run out on HBF Park next season.”

Sport and Recreation Minister Mick Murray further expressed his excitement in bringing the Roosters to Perth.

“We are delighted to bring even more quality rugby league to Western Australia, with the legendary Sydney Roosters set to make WA their home away from home for the next three years.

“The Sydney Roosters command one of the biggest followings in the country, and we expect benefits to flow through to WA’s economy as their fans head west over the next three years.

“Local rugby league continues to go from strength to strength in Western Australia, and this will be a terrific opportunity for local fans to see some of the best of the best, in the flesh right here in Perth."

The Roosters 2020 NRL fixtures will be confirmed at the conclusion of the 2019 season.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Just got the email about the Roosters taking games to Perth for the next 3 years, wonder if it will be the games against the Storm ?

T-Boon

Coach
the knock down always seemed insane and now it is proving to be. I suspect forces with alterior motives were behind it. They should have spent $100m making it safe and otherwise upgrading.

the knock down always seemed insane and now it is proving to be. I suspect forces with alterior motives were behind it. They should have spent $100m making it safe and otherwise upgrading.

It needed to be rebuilt, the question is size.

Upgrades to a structure like the SFS was are not easy, the things it was missing required major work. I’d suggest you’d be looking well north of $100m.

According to who? The "trust"?

According to engineers.

Speak to them about modifying reinforced concrete structures, it’s a nightmare. The SFS was missing so many things considered standard in modern stadiums that it was significant work.

The lack of female toilets or the fact the corporate boxes are in the wrong spot is not in dispute. Then you have the need for a new roof.

Of course it still would’ve been cheaper than a new stadium, but the question is what’s better value for money?