What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

unforgiven

Bench
above the Tropic of Capricorn, the populace are a friendly and well mannered bunch. We don’t resort to the pissing in ones seat, especially the hallowed turf of ‘Thurston Webb Bani Hegarty Stadium’......
Don't you now live south of the Tropic of Capricorn!

Rooster8

Juniors
I am merely spying on those in the filthy SE corner. My stay will be short and somewhat sweet.......
DdZWCB4W0AAHTRF.jpg

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Largely yes, but it should be noted that the NFL have a very good, centralised, official ticket re-sale program for season ticket holders. So while all games are largely sold out for the full year and big games between traditional rivals are pretty much impossible to get a good seat, for lower billed games it’s actually pretty simple to get a good seat because plenty of season ticket holders choose not to go to all games. Why did I go and sit outside in Green Bay and Chicago for 3-4 hours during the first week of December? Because they were games I could get excellent (Lambeau Field on halfway) and OKish seats (Soldier Field in end zone corner but only half a dozen rows back) on consecutive days at face value via the NFL Ticket Exchange.

Leigh.

They also have a large team of sales people who call and email season ticket holders to make sure they are coming to the games..
Offer them something special like a free t shirt if they havent been to a few games.. etc .
Smart play

Just had a look through that Shark's redevelopment plan. Interesting that they are building a new changing room, with the existing being marked as 'Change Room, Amenities and Player Comfort". Could this mean that the existing space is potentially going to be transformed into a Home players changing room and players lounge, sort of NFL style, with the new changing room being for away teams? Or is the more realistic explanation that there will be 3+ changing rooms for the ground? View attachment 32553
Womens facilities would be part of it

beave

Coach
Oh dear. That doesn't sound good.

yeah. But being a labor project, I wouldn’t be surprised if this is some cheap political point scoring by the libs (i’m a lib voter by the way). Theres also been issues with the unions on site over the course of the build as well, wonder how entwined this independent audit mob Weld Australia are with them?????

Suitman

Post Whore
yeah. But being a labor project, I wouldn’t be surprised if this is some cheap political point scoring by the libs (i’m a lib voter by the way). Theres also been issues with the unions on site over the course of the build as well, wonder how intwined this Weld Australia mob are with them?????

Yep, could be a storm in a team cup and wouldn't surprise me if politics was in play here.
Nonetheless, if there IS any truth to it, they'd want to get it right.
Such a shame the unions have been such pricks.
The Bankwest construction went pretty much flawlessly.

beave

Coach
Yep, could be a storm in a team cup and wouldn't surprise me if politics was in play here.
Nonetheless, if there IS any truth to it, they'd want to get it right.
Such a shame the unions have been such pricks.
The Bankwest construction went pretty much flawlessly.

yeah there’s been some doozies revealed by the media and some that I know of from
friends up there that I won’t share on here. Delay the build just long enough with bullshit and tradies have to start working back and on weekends, hello penalty rates for your union workers.

Suitman

Post Whore
yeah there’s been some doozies revealed by the media and some that I know of from
friends up there that I won’t share on here. Delay the build just long enough with bullshit and tradies have to start working back and on weekends, hello penalty rates for your union workers.

Well, I know for a fact that there was plenty of overtime at Bankwest towards the end to keep to the opening day schedule, but this was a very tight build schedule and I think the builders were under plenty of pressure to keep to it. The main thing was that Lend Lease toed the line and delivered. I was really quite shocked at how much work they completed very quickly towards the end of the build.
Hopefully the same happens up there, and the roofing issue mentioned above is a non-event.

beave

Coach
Oh dear. But never mind, Labor are on it so it will be fine.

I’m not one to stand up for the Labor party but I don’t see how this is completely their fault if there are issues with the welds. I’d be more inclined to blame the blokes on the welder and the person doing quality control.

Vee

First Grade
I’m not one to stand up for the Labor party but I don’t see how this is completely their fault if there are issues with the welds. I’d be more inclined to blame the blokes on the welder and the person doing quality control.
Don't mistake my trashing Labor for a belief in the other side. The only reason Labor are in charge is because the other mob are no better.

My comment was more about the lack of integrity and transparency from our leaders.

We are blessed in Qld with the quality of our pollies.