What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

TheRam

Coach
Latest pick from Townsville.
Really progressing well.
Left click for full size image.

db5e68cc0081201c4e05dea24475dd88

What's with the gaps in between the panelled roof. That looks stupid and will let in the sun or rain. Jeez, can't we ever get roofs right in this freakin country?

Quidgybo

Bench
What's with the gaps in between the panelled roof. That looks stupid and will let in the sun or rain. Jeez, can't we ever get roofs right in this freakin country?
It’s not finished. The gaps will be infilled to connect the panels. But agree with your general point that we’ve got a poor record on stadium upgrades roofs.

Leigh.

beave

Coach

they final product will look a lot better but there will have to be some gap to allow the wind to blow through. the design has to be able to withstand 250kmhr + winds, if you close it off completely and don’t allow it to ‘breathe’ the roof will end up in Mt Isa during a cyclone......

Suitman

Post Whore

Not sure if serious?
The Bankwest roof was constructed in a similar fashion, with the gaps filled in later.
Seriously, in a tropical city with known torrential downpours, do you really think they would spend so much money on the roof and then leave gaps like that?

beave

Coach
Not sure if serious?
The Bankwest roof was constructed in a similar fashion, with the gaps filled in later.
Seriously, in a tropical city with known torrential downpours, do you really think they would spend so much money on the roof and then leave gaps like that?

suity, there’s an app for the stadium, will occupy 10mins of your time.

Jonno

Juniors
f**k. I don’t like the new ends, how the top isn’t flush and has little cut outs. What the f**k. Yuck. Oh well.
The cut outs don't make sense.
Its not shown on the cross section and there are no roof supports to justify it.
If we base the design on the cross sections diagrams,they are not there.

They also should relocate the scoreboards on the roof trusses.It opens up the stands for a better look. and flow.
Something like this..
stadium-aus-internal-night-scoreboard.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore

No! Haven’t yet been to stadium in Australia where you don’t get wet if sitting in the bottom tier, even the new ones. The ability to create a drip line before row20 seems to evade architects here!

Suitman

Post Whore
No! Haven’t yet been to stadium in Australia where you don’t get wet if sitting in the bottom tier, even the new ones. The ability to create a drip line before row20 seems to evade architects here!

To be fair, many stadiums around the world have a drip line at the front row seats, but all you need is a bit of wind with the rain and the precipitation pushes further back

beave

Coach

The biggest football code in the world is the NFL. You seen the drip lines on their stadiums??........

siv

First Grade
The AMZ revised drip line seems to be inline with the edge of thefield proper

Cant tell if they are still dropping the surface 3m as originally proposed

VictoryFC

Bench
Difference is their fans are not softcocks who stay home at the slightest hint of inclement weather!

Each team over there has millions of people as their catchment and are the only show in town, not having to share support with 60 other clubs. It's embarrassing that people still compare America and Australia when it comes to sport.

Quidgybo

Bench
BankWest seems to have got it pretty much spot on, short of having a closing roof. NQ stadium looks like it’ll leave a dozen or so rows beyond the drip line at the halfway line due to the curved shape. Still pretty good but like the SFS, form has ultimately won over function. Were I building any future club stadium I’d be pointing at BankWest and saying “give me one of those, don’t change a damn thing”.

Leigh.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Nothings been announced. The total footprint of the precinct is quite large, my old School (Ryan Catholic College) surrounds it with both it’s primary and high school campuses , I’d say they might take a chunk of it to expand. I hope the lighting and seats get recycled though.

Looks like the school has a new sporting field ;)

beave

Coach
So the Sharks have to play away from the Shire for 2 years whilst the leagues club gets rebuilt? Has there been any renderings of what the new leagues club and subsequent eastern side of the football ground is going to look like? i have had a quick look on the net and it only seems to focus on the housing development and that the leagues club will be upgraded. IMO the western side needs a tart up as well, extend that doublet tiered grandstand to each try line would be a start.