What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

T-Boon

Coach
My god man!
Who is going to travel from Cronulla, or Penrith or anywhere else, to go to a stadium in Hornsby, that is actually no one's home ground? Not even Bears fans would support this.
Are you deluded?
This is Stallion-esque.

And, which govt would build a 30 000 seat stadium in an area that doesn't even have a local tenant, let alone two?

One of the most bizarre suggestions I've ever seen in this thread.

Wow, heartfelt.
Relocate the Sea Eagles to Hornsby call them the North Sydney Sea Eagles.
Additionally relocate some (the Sharks) to the Central Coast.

T-Boon

Coach
There are rail yards where the trains sleep at night just to the north of the station. I assume he meant over this area, but my point remains.
f**king stupidest idea ever.

I have had way stupider ideas and I like them as much as I like this idea.

T-Boon

Coach
The main point is there should be a good 30k seat stadium north of the harbour for a relocated Sydney team, and it isn't going to be done at Brookvale because nobody can get there or get out of there.

bazza

Immortal
The main point is there should be a good 30k seat stadium north of the harbour for a relocated Sydney team, and it isn't going to be done at Brookvale because nobody can get there or get out of there.
Rectangular stadium at North Sydney oval
The No 2 oval can be used for cricket

magpie_man

Juniors
A bit of a pet project for me due to my having spent many-a frigid evening weathering the elements in ONC:
I'm hoping the Raiders' renaissance puts some real pressure on the pollies to get the illusive Civic Stadium off the ground.
Maybe we need them to win the Provan-Summons trophy and Sticky to pull a JT in his victory speech and demand a new stadium...

taipan

Referee
A bit of a pet project for me due to my having spent many-a frigid evening weathering the elements in ONC:
I'm hoping the Raiders' renaissance puts some real pressure on the pollies to get the illusive Civic Stadium off the ground.
Maybe we need them to win the Provan-Summons trophy and Sticky to pull a JT in his victory speech and demand a new stadium...

Trouble is champ,the ACT Govt(chief) Barr is so intensely keen on underpinning the GWS Midgets 4 match foray into Canberra,so they pay them $2m pa for 10 years,Plus of course improvements to the ground they use.
Meaning an unwanted team that plays a token 4 games there,is given preference over 2 codes Raiders and Brumbies who play all their matches at Bruce,and have done so for ages.

T-Boon

Coach

Would the Raiders having a WNRL team help? That seems to be what everyone needs to get some money spent these days.

Quidgybo

Bench
Rectangular stadium at North Sydney oval
The No 2 oval can be used for cricket
I’ve said it before in this thread - Chatswood Oval. It’s at a major rail junction between North-West Metro and Citirail North Shore & Northern lines meaning it can draw patrons from across the entire area north of the river, it has road access to the northern beaches via the Roseville Bridge and the motorway network via the M2 and Lane Cove Tunnel, and it’s right next to a major commercial hub which means parking, bars and restaurants.

Leigh.

Last edited:

t-ba

Post Whore
Chatswood Oval? That's an insane pipe dream. It's a small park completely surrounded by some of the more expensive commercial and residential real estate in the city. You couldn't even fit a Grahame Park in that space. The place is complete bedlam on the weekend with shoppers and the infrastructure already can't really cope with the numbers that come in. You haven't lived until the North Shore line is down and you spend 40 minutes getting from St Leonards to Chatswood on a Saturday...

St Leonards Park is a fifteen minute walk from North Sydney station, a ten minute walk from the Crows Nest Metro down Falcon Street and you could probably adapt a bus shelter from the expressway to shuttle people in and out. It's a far larger park and you could probably still fit the old NS Oval in if you built over NS Oval 2.

Either way you're dealing with NIMBY's who have major power.

t-ba

Post Whore
Seriously, Chatswood Oval would have been a great shout when the Mandarin Centre was the super dinky Gordon Rugby Clubhouse and the Apartments on the other side of Orchard Road were federation style houses back in like 1991 but that ship has well and truly sailed.

T-Boon

Coach
I’ve said it before in this thread - Chatswood Oval. It’s at a major rail junction between North-West Metro and Citirail North Shore & Northern lines meaning it can draw patrons from across the entire area north of the river, it has road access to the northern beaches via the Roseville Bridge and the motorway network via the M2 and Lane Cove Tunnel, and it’s right next to a major commercial hub which means parking, bars and restaurants.

Leigh.

Chatswood would be perfect if there was a spot.

magpie_man

Juniors
Trouble is champ,the ACT Govt(chief) Barr is so intensely keen on underpinning the GWS Midgets 4 match foray into Canberra,so they pay them $2m pa for 10 years,Plus of course improvements to the ground they use.
Meaning an unwanted team that plays a token 4 games there,is given preference over 2 codes Raiders and Brumbies who play all their matches at Bruce,and have done so for ages.

You're right, but I reckon the national attention that the Raiders would garner coupled with the NSW stadium splurge and the new NQ stadium would apply enough pressure to get this Civic Stadium back into serious conversation again; even in spite of Barr barring-up over anything AFL.

taipan

Referee
You're right, but I reckon the national attention that the Raiders would garner coupled with the NSW stadium splurge and the new NQ stadium would apply enough pressure to get this Civic Stadium back into serious conversation again; even in spite of Barr barring-up over anything AFL.

So this time it must be a case of (can I use the old phrase)"Cracking a Barr."Or must I continuously have to think of the children?