What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Perth Red

Post Whore
You bitch and moan about the game not doing enough to get fans out to the game. Great game, remember to eat before you get there. There’s your marketing brief.
You have a choice. Yes it'd be nice to have great cheap food at games, but I haven't been anywhere in the world that offers that at modern stadiums! Youre only there for 2 hourrs,snack food is fine. A decent bag of chips is enough for me at a game. I'm more concerned you cant get a decent beer!

You have a choice. Yes it'd be nice to have great cheap food at games, but I haven't been anywhere in the world that offers that at modern stadiums! Youre only there for 2 hourrs,snack food is fine. A decent bag of chips is enough for me at a game. I'm more concerned you cant get a decent beer!
You could get decent beer at the SCG until COVID came along. It was VB and a couple lite options after that.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I've often thought they should have a special craft beer membership where people who can enjoy a real strength beer without becoming a dckhead could join and enjoy some decent drinks at the game! A members only tent with an invited brewery each game, now there's an idea......

I've often thought they should have a special craft beer membership where people who can enjoy a real strength beer without becoming a dckhead could join and enjoy some decent drinks at the game! A members only tent with an invited brewery each game, now there's an idea......
There‘s a 4 Pines bar at the SCG which was only available for the more expensive memberships but they eventually opened it up to us plebs with bronze memberships

horrie hastings

First Grade
you could always eat before or after the game? Its only 2 hours you are there.

Saturday night game at 7.30pm, and if i work till 5.30pm then go straight to the game after work that is not really an option. I often take rolls already made up and for an afternoon game on Sunday or even the 5.30 game on Saturdays ( when i dont work )i go out for drinks and dinner afterwards. But sometimes you feel like a pie and chips when you are at the game, my point was that they are expensive enough for such basic items so if Merivale take over catering, you will get more fancy food and prices jacked up even more.

Also if there are two games ( which doesn't happen much anymore), you are there longer than 2 hrs and also the AFL games at the SCG run longer than 2 hrs also for those who go.

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
There‘s a 4 Pines bar at the SCG which was only available for the more expensive memberships but they eventually opened it up to us plebs with bronze memberships

Yep they had 4 Pines bar in the members section in the N A Noble.
I had noticed Red Rooster was saying they had a stall at the SCG, was trying to work out where it would have been, definitely wasn't in the food court area under the Noble.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Before hbf park got refurbed they used to have a load of food trucks on the grass at the back which was great, then when the east stand was built they put in food outlets and now its just your usual crap deep fried rubbish. Canberra would have been the best burgers I've had at a ground, even came in branded Raiders wrapping!

grozzy

Juniors
Before hbf park got refurbed they used to have a load of food trucks on the grass at the back which was great, then when the east stand was built they put in food outlets and now its just your usual crap deep fried rubbish. Canberra would have been the best burgers I've had at a ground, even came in branded Raiders wrapping!
That's one thing from Shark Park I'm missing at the moment. Give me a made to order pizza or sliders any day over a lukewarm pie or hotdog. Hopefully next year there's room for a couple of vans.

macavity

Referee
Hopefully this gets approved. Would be huge for the region. NRL games in Mackay could be more then just a one off.

can’t believe how expensive stadiums are now… Newcastle had to beg for 15 years to get ours built, 30k capacity and cost $40mil… seems like a poverty spec bargain now.

Jamberoo

Juniors
can’t believe how expensive stadiums are now… Newcastle had to beg for 15 years to get ours built, 30k capacity and cost $40mil… seems like a poverty spec bargain now.
A basic stadium like BankWest is around $10k per seat. SFS is over $20k per seat.

Hartwood

Juniors
A basic stadium like BankWest is around $10k per seat. SFS is over $20k per seat.
There are still other cheaper stadiums, the stadiums being proposed in Mackay, Rockhampton, Cairns and Sunshine Coast for example. Of course these are not full-time venues, just showing it can still be done cheaper

Perth Red

Post Whore
There are still other cheaper stadiums, the stadiums being proposed in Mackay, Rockhampton, Cairns and Sunshine Coast for example. Of course these are not full-time venues, just showing it can still be done cheaper
Fans stands arent too bad with the modern skeleton design, it’s if you want to build a corporate stand it costs an arm and a leg. The fact they can rarely put a roof on them that covers everyone when it rains still staggers me!

Jamberoo

Juniors
Of course. Having a Hill each side that holds 3k and costs almost nothing helps. These regional venue that might a game a year can put up with old school facilities. Once people see the new SFS, they might not.

Latest posts