What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

horrie hastings

First Grade
The new SFS is going to have all the whizz bangs and lighting. All the personal touches can be achieved.

Why not for each game, depending on tenant/sport, they name each stand accordingly :

NRL
Beetson / Coote / Fittler etc

Soccer
Johnny Warren / Arnold / Slater / Etc

RU
Campese / Ella / Farr-Jones / Gregan etc

I think at one time at the old SFS the Chookpen area was nicknamed the Kevin Hastings stand.

Dogs Of War

Coach
The new stadium at Kitchener Park better have a Chook Pen.

I personally hope they incorporate the Juniors club into the stadium. Have a hil one end for people who want to do that. But I suspect most punters will want to enjoy seating if it goes ahead.

Chook pen is very loud, the sound reminds me of sitting in the stand on the Eastern side of Penriths home ground. The sound just reverberates. That said the bar is pretty crap in the Chook Pen. I'm sure they will accommodate something like that though.

I personally hope they incorporate the Juniors club into the stadium. Have a hil one end for people who want to do that. But I suspect most punters will want to enjoy seating if it goes ahead.

Chook pen is very loud, the sound reminds me of sitting in the stand on the Eastern side of Penriths home ground. The sound just reverberates. That said the bar is pretty crap in the Chook Pen. I'm sure they will accommodate something like that though.
There has to be a metal sign to tap.

Bang BANG
Bang Bang BANG
Bang Bang Bang Bang
WYNNUM!

Desert Qlder

First Grade

Construction to start on massive revamp of historic Langlands Park stadium​

The home of one of Queensland rugby league’s oldest clubs is set for a massive transformation as the team strives for an NRL licence.

A historic rugby league stadium is set for a mega transformation with construction on a mega $10.2 million redevelopment to start later this month.

The project at Coorparoo’s Langlands Park, which is more than 100 years old and currently the home of Hostplus Cup side the Brisbane Tigers (formerly the Easts Tigers), will be the first major upgrade at the grounds since 1999.

With construction scheduled to start mid-February, the works will include the relocation of the iconic heritage pavilion which was built in 1933, a new two-storey building, set to feature corporate suites, media rooms and administration offices, a 45-seat theatre as well as new grandstands to increase capacity to more than 4000 spectators.

1643954795368.png

The revamp comes after the club’s bid to become the 17th NRL team under the Brisbane Firehawks was unsuccessful but Tigers CEO Brian Torpy said the redevelopment was all part of the plan to earn an NRL licence in the future.

“The redevelopment of the grounds is very important for the club,” he said.

Langlands Park Stadium, known also as Totally Workwear Stadium, at Coorparoo.

“The provision of a first-class training and playing facilities here at Totally Workwear Stadium will complement the Langlands Park sporting precinct, which will include swimming pools and a 24-7 commercial gymnasium.

“We already have a first class playing surface and the new buildings and stands will provide a boutique stadium just 3km from the CBD and a stone’s throw from The Gabba.

“Totally Workwear Stadium will be a great facility, for not only for rugby league through statewide competition games, school competitions and carnivals, local games and finals, but also for other community sports and events.

“The field is already used for international and interstate university games and as a training venue for visiting NRL teams, Queensland Maroons and the Kangaroos.

“The club was disappointed with missing out on the 17th team licence but we have received very good feedback from the NRL in regards to the bid and we know what we need to focus on to become the NRL’s 18th team.

“We are committed to becoming the NRL’s next team, and we will be well and truly ready if the NRL decide to add additional teams to the competition.”

Torpy said works were expected to be complete by mid-November.

THE LANGLANDS PARK STADIUM REDEVELOPMENT WILL INCLUDE:

– Relocation and refurbishment of the heritage grandstand. The stand will be located behind the goalpost at the southern end of the field. The western wing of the stand will be transformed into a full wet-bar, while the eastern wing will contain amenities.

– The heritage pavilion will be relocated between the heritage grandstand and the current scoreboard. Constructed in 1933, the pavilion was the original players’ change rooms for Eastern Suburbs Cricket Club. The building will be used as a community meeting room and will be available as a corporate suite on match day.

– Gymnasium extension and refurbishment. The current gymnasium will be extended and will include a new ticket box and ground entry. The current home change rooms will be converted into a 45-person theatre, which will be used as a training room. The building will also include a kitchenette and a laundry.

– A new single-story building on the western side of the grounds will house new canteen,, espresso bar, merchandise shop and toilets.

– Also on the western side of the grounds will be a new double-storey building. The ground floor will include four female participation compliant change rooms, medical room, and match officials’ change room. The first floor will accommodate the club’s administration offices, board room, which will double as a corporate suite on match days, five corporate suites, coaches boxes, timekeepers’ box and a media room. A permanent camera platform will be constructed on the roof to film games and events on the field.

Construction to start on massive revamp of historic Langlands Park stadium​

The home of one of Queensland rugby league’s oldest clubs is set for a massive transformation as the team strives for an NRL licence.

A historic rugby league stadium is set for a mega transformation with construction on a mega $10.2 million redevelopment to start later this month.

The project at Coorparoo’s Langlands Park, which is more than 100 years old and currently the home of Hostplus Cup side the Brisbane Tigers (formerly the Easts Tigers), will be the first major upgrade at the grounds since 1999.

With construction scheduled to start mid-February, the works will include the relocation of the iconic heritage pavilion which was built in 1933, a new two-storey building, set to feature corporate suites, media rooms and administration offices, a 45-seat theatre as well as new grandstands to increase capacity to more than 4000 spectators.

View attachment 57817

The revamp comes after the club’s bid to become the 17th NRL team under the Brisbane Firehawks was unsuccessful but Tigers CEO Brian Torpy said the redevelopment was all part of the plan to earn an NRL licence in the future.

“The redevelopment of the grounds is very important for the club,” he said.

“The provision of a first-class training and playing facilities here at Totally Workwear Stadium will complement the Langlands Park sporting precinct, which will include swimming pools and a 24-7 commercial gymnasium.

“We already have a first class playing surface and the new buildings and stands will provide a boutique stadium just 3km from the CBD and a stone’s throw from The Gabba.

“Totally Workwear Stadium will be a great facility, for not only for rugby league through statewide competition games, school competitions and carnivals, local games and finals, but also for other community sports and events.

“The field is already used for international and interstate university games and as a training venue for visiting NRL teams, Queensland Maroons and the Kangaroos.

“The club was disappointed with missing out on the 17th team licence but we have received very good feedback from the NRL in regards to the bid and we know what we need to focus on to become the NRL’s 18th team.

“We are committed to becoming the NRL’s next team, and we will be well and truly ready if the NRL decide to add additional teams to the competition.”

Torpy said works were expected to be complete by mid-November.

THE LANGLANDS PARK STADIUM REDEVELOPMENT WILL INCLUDE:

– Relocation and refurbishment of the heritage grandstand. The stand will be located behind the goalpost at the southern end of the field. The western wing of the stand will be transformed into a full wet-bar, while the eastern wing will contain amenities.

– The heritage pavilion will be relocated between the heritage grandstand and the current scoreboard. Constructed in 1933, the pavilion was the original players’ change rooms for Eastern Suburbs Cricket Club. The building will be used as a community meeting room and will be available as a corporate suite on match day.

– Gymnasium extension and refurbishment. The current gymnasium will be extended and will include a new ticket box and ground entry. The current home change rooms will be converted into a 45-person theatre, which will be used as a training room. The building will also include a kitchenette and a laundry.

– A new single-story building on the western side of the grounds will house new canteen,, espresso bar, merchandise shop and toilets.

– Also on the western side of the grounds will be a new double-storey building. The ground floor will include four female participation compliant change rooms, medical room, and match officials’ change room. The first floor will accommodate the club’s administration offices, board room, which will double as a corporate suite on match days, five corporate suites, coaches boxes, timekeepers’ box and a media room. A permanent camera platform will be constructed on the roof to film games and events on the field.

Right size for a Queensland Cup team.

ReddFelon

Juniors
What's the salary cap for the Heineken Cup?

What is its broadcast deal with?

What's its TV ratings like?

How many people attend its games?

You've been proven wrong about everything else, and emphatically so too

EDIT

The 2018 deal for the Heineken Cup, shared between Sky Sport and BT Sport was worth a lousy £23.4 million a year. That's about $47m Australian. To put things into perspective, the A-League and Socceroos matches are worth $40m Australian per year. The current NRL deal is worth more than $400m Australian per year. The dickhead I'm arguing with wants us to believe this shit onionball competition is more prestigious than the NRL.

It begs the question: If Heineken Cup is more prestigious, why is it worth ten times less than the NRL?

I know I shouldn't derail again, but goddamn you're dense.

BT Sport is a pay TV channel in the UK, you know Europe is bigger than the UK yeah? Like France doesn't get British TV. Wait you're from Logan, you probably think France is where pizza comes from.

Anyway lel thought I'd leave this one here, regular season Premiership game draws more than an entire week of Super League games on British TV.

"A peak of 750,000 viewers tuned into ITV to watch Sale beat Leicester on Sunday with a further 213,000 watching on BT Sport, taking the total close to one million."

I know I shouldn't derail again, but goddamn you're dense.

BT Sport is a pay TV channel in the UK, you know Europe is bigger than the UK yeah? Like France doesn't get British TV. Wait you're from Logan, you probably think France is where pizza comes from.

Anyway lel thought I'd leave this one here, regular season Premiership game draws more than an entire week of Super League games on British TV.

"A peak of 750,000 viewers tuned into ITV to watch Sale beat Leicester on Sunday with a further 213,000 watching on BT Sport, taking the total close to one million."

Stop digging and learn when you've lost.

ITV is a Free-To-Air network. Sky Sports is a Pay TV channel. A match on an FTA channel is going to draw higher ratings than one on a Pay TV channel because more people have access to FTA. Your own figures proved this, with three times as many people watching the game on ITV than BT Sport. Comparing an onionball match on an FTA network with a Super League game on a Pay TV channel is disingenuous at best or a sign that you're too stupid to understand the difference between the two. You've demonstrated a few times now that you are full of shit, but you're also a moron, so it's hard to know with you.

I compared the ratings for onionball and Super League matches that are broadcast solely on Pay TV and the result was Super League drew more viewers. That's all that matters as it's the only medium we can compare them on since Super League isn't on FTA.

However, since you've gone down the road of telling us how many people watched an onionball game on FTA, how about you provide us with the figures for the Challenge Cup games that are broadcast on the BBC?

According to Dave Woods, the Challenge Cup Final drew an audience of 1.6m on BBC.

Europe is much bigger than the British Isles. No one said otherwise. What's your point in bringing it up, other than deflecting because you made a dill out of yourself and still haven't lived it down?

It's an own goal to bring it up as it shows just how irrelevant onionball is. Most of Europe couldn't give a f**k about onionball and barely plays the game. England, France and Wales are the only countries from Europe that take the game seriously. It's a growing but niche sport in Italy. I'm of Polish ethnicity and I can tell you now that next to no one gives a f**k about onionball in Poland. The fastest growing sport in Poland is gridiron, with the grand final of its competition drawing over 15k attendees. Rugby league is developing nicely in Poland, FYI. Speedway, volleyball and soccer are the big sports in Poland. Winter sports like ski jumping are also quite popular in the south.

I wouldn't have a clue how many people watch onionball in Poland because no one talks about it!

Can you tell us the salary cap of the Heineken Cup?

You keep dodging this question.

Last edited:

It's Been Done

Juniors
If Wests going to use Campbelltown for at least 7-8 games a year as stated in the article, then they together with Macarthur FC should be pushing hard for either upgrades to Campbelltown or a new stadium in Liverpool. Austadiums currently says the capacity of the ground is 17,500 so it'll need more seats if the Wests Tigers call Campbelltown their main home base

parrawentyfan

Juniors
About time the Tigers settled down. This is the right move for them as long as they can secure some decent upgrades for Campbelltown. Pity Macarthur is a dog's breakfast.

Liverpool would however be better for them in my opinion. A fresh start, and less far to travel for the Leichhardt faithful.

If Wests going to use Campbelltown for at least 7-8 games a year as stated in the article, then they together with Macarthur FC should be pushing hard for either upgrades to Campbelltown or a new stadium in Liverpool. Austadiums currently says the capacity of the ground is 17,500 so it'll need more seats if the Wests Tigers call Campbelltown their main home base
The money that's earmarked for upgrades to Leichhardt should go to Campbelltown.

Is Parramatta going to be the sole NRL tennant at Parramatta Stadium?

morley101

Juniors

Free to air ratings for round 1 of Super League
"
"There was perhaps no wonder, therefore, that the crowd figures resembled that with an average audience of 531,000 with almost 750,000 watching the final few moments of the game.

That was the equivalent of 7% audience share which proves just how well received the game was in its new home.