What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

parrawentyfan

Juniors
This is really for the jersey thread, but I agree there is something not quite right about the Advdnture Kings sponsorship on the Dolphins jersey.

It doesn't trigger our usual complaints. It isn't too big. It isn't in a big box.

But I think it is to do with the fact the it is such bold clear writing of what could arguably be a mascot's name. When i look at the jersey I think of them as the Kings instead of Dolphins bizarrely for a second. It may also be because the Dolphins are new so we don't automatically associate their jersey with them (plus otherwise it is basically just a red shirt).

I guess it would be similar to if there was another team with a similar sponsorship. Eg, if the Storm had a big LIONS sponsorship across the front, they may get confused as the Lions instead of Storm for newcomers. But this is less likely for people like us because we are used to their branding already.

Dogs Of War

Coach
This is really for the jersey thread, but I agree there is something not quite right about the Advdnture Kings sponsorship on the Dolphins jersey.

It doesn't trigger our usual complaints. It isn't too big. It isn't in a big box.

But I think it is to do with the fact the it is such bold clear writing of what could arguably be a mascot's name. When i look at the jersey I think of them as the Kings instead of Dolphins bizarrely for a second. It may also be because the Dolphins are new so we don't automatically associate their jersey with them (plus otherwise it is basically just a red shirt).

I guess it would be similar to if there was another team with a similar sponsorship. Eg, if the Storm had a big LIONS sponsorship across the front, they may get confused as the Lions instead of Storm for newcomers. But this is less likely for people like us because we are used to their branding already.

I'm not sure cause they have made the jersey this way while they are preparing to enter the comp, means they will have that exact jersey when they play. At the moment it's just a way to ensure the sponsor is prominent. No different to training jerseys that clubs have during the preseason.

I think closer to their first game they will be displaying the actual jersey they will wear first game.

T-Boon

Coach
I'm not sure cause they have made the jersey this way while they are preparing to enter the comp, means they will have that exact jersey when they play. At the moment it's just a way to ensure the sponsor is prominent. No different to training jerseys that clubs have during the preseason.

I think closer to their first game they will be displaying the actual jersey they will wear first game.

Yep. It still resembles a football jersey at the moment. By game day it will be full advertisement billboard.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Suncorp Stadium is surely about to be inundated… The Brisbane river is expected to peak at 3.7m. The river peaked at 3.1m 2011. f**k.

It's Been Done

Juniors
Next event at Suncorp is scheduled for Friday Night, a Super Rugby game, that'll most likely get moved and I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos vs Souths game is moved as well, the Titans too are reporting problems with their home ground, but it's mainly to do with access

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Strangely tickets are still on sale for round one at Suncorp. Probably because staff have not been able to assess today.

Apparently it is only knee-waist deep this time, so it might probably won't hit the ceilings in the changing room and club facilities. Hopefully it is kept to the underground interchange and parking.

Not sure how long they would want the turf to settle after they replace that. Might be a home game for souths round one.

It's Been Done

Juniors
Strangely tickets are still on sale for round one at Suncorp. Probably because staff have not been able to assess today.

Apparently it is only knee-waist deep this time, so it might probably won't hit the ceilings in the changing room and club facilities. Hopefully it is kept to the underground interchange and parking.

Not sure how long they would want the turf to settle after they replace that. Might be a home game for souths round one.
The Broncos and Souths are scheduled to play at Accor Stadium in round 9 so I think unless if there's a double booking at Suncorp, the NRL shouldn't have a problem doing a swap

Omott91

Juniors
Watching the Cronulla trial game, why did the Shark's have to leave for 2 years for that little development?

Very underwhelming.

mongoose

Coach

Will probably just move the game to Dolphin Stadium.

Frailty

First Grade
Watching the Cronulla trial game, why did the Shark's have to leave for 2 years for that little development?

Very underwhelming.

It was to do with access to the ground. There have been some pretty significant changes to Captain Cook Drive and it's generally not good to be encouraging crowds near a bit worksite.

Latest posts