What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Iamback

Coach
Bigger then Manly too

And they're not thinking about next week , they're planning for the next 30 years where the Macarthur area is expected to double in population to around 700K

That is it. Campbelltown is small but it merged with a CRL group for seniors. Population is booming it is a shame it was neglected for so long

No, the AFL got a ground built nearby though for some reason
I'd love to see the Easts Tigers buy up land in Ipswich and Logan to run Leagues Clubs, shopping centres, golf clubs and other businesses. If they successfully did this over a 10 or 15 year period then they would have more than enough assets to be richer than 75% of NRL clubs and be very likely to get licence to compete in the big league.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I'd love to see the Easts Tigers buy up land in Ipswich and Logan to run Leagues Clubs, shopping centres, golf clubs and other businesses. If they successfully did this over a 10 or 15 year period then they would have more than enough assets to be richer than 75% of NRL clubs and be very likely to get licence to compete in the big league.
Mate, I think that is the best bet for the Tigers if they want an NRL birth. Represent the huge and growing Logan / Ipswich areas. That would give us a nice spread in SEQ.

Dolphins - North
Broncos - Brisbane
Tigers / Firehawks / Jest (whoever) - South & West
Titans - GC

Mate, I think that is the best bet for the Tigers if they want an NRL birth. Represent the huge and growing Logan / Ipswich areas. That would give us a nice spread in SEQ.

Dolphins - North
Broncos - Brisbane
Tigers / Firehawks / Jest (whoever) - South & West
Titans - GC
A split like that would provide Brisbane with six local derbies to boost TV ratings and crowds. The buzz it will create around the metro area will be great.

Cowboys and Titans would visit Brisbane 6 times, so there's 12 rounds of all Queensland games at Lang Park.

Pirates and NZ 2 could be added while Easts are building an asset base in Ipswich and Logan.

If they went with the Jets brand then we would have five teams in Queensland that have a namesake in the NFL!

😂

If they do go down that route then maybe the Denver Broncos, Brisbane Broncos, Dallas Cowboys, North Queensland Cowboys, Miami Dolphins, Redcliffe Dolphins, New York Jets and South Brisbane Jets could form a partnership and promote their brands into southeast Asia. We really need to promote the NRL as the "NFL of Eastern Asia" as we have the advantage of being in the same timezone and our games are similar.

Last edited:

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Yep smart clubs develop shopping centres and buy golf clubs. Even bowling clubs and other assets. Or so I hear.

T-Boon

Coach
Because revenue from Kings is better than no revenue from putting your own brand on your jersey

Do Dolphins need the revenue? It seems weird to me that they claim to be so wealthy but are selling their identity from the outset for probably a mill per year.
When the other clubs were trying to establish themselves in their market they had no jersey sponsorship and big arse club badges that dominated the jersey.
Dolphins are just selling their identity from the outset for cash they don't need.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Do Dolphins need the revenue? It seems weird to me that they claim to be so wealthy but are selling their identity from the outset for probably a mill per year.
When the other clubs were trying to establish themselves in their market they had no jersey sponsorship and big arse club badges that dominated the jersey.
Dolphins are just selling their identity from the outset for cash they don't need.
haha, they need to earn $30million ay ear. Do you think their supermarket lease is going to cover that?

Jamberoo

Juniors
haha, they need to earn $30million ay ear. Do you think their supermarket lease is going to cover that?
According to the Gemba report they only need to make $10m a year...
  • It costs about $23.6 million per year to run an average NRL club, so a new club needs to find about $10 million a year over their distribution to break even.
Obviously you don't want to just break even, you want to have enough cash to ensure onfield success. Main sponsor might pay $1m - $3m, so they want their name as prominent as the league will allow.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Even the richest sporting clubs in the world seek revenue from external sponsors, nothing new at Redcliffe HQ

hrundi99

First Grade
So let me get this straight. Your boss comes up to you and says, would you like an extra $10k, and you say no?

Why in the hell would any sports club reject sponsorship money?

Perth Red

Post Whore
According to the Gemba report they only need to make $10m a year...
  • It costs about $23.6 million per year to run an average NRL club, so a new club needs to find about $10 million a year over their distribution to break even.
Obviously you don't want to just break even, you want to have enough cash to ensure onfield success. Main sponsor might pay $1m - $3m, so they want their name as prominent as the league will allow.
$23mill is the starting point for the smallest clubs. The big clubs are operating on $30mill plus revenue.

T-Boon

Coach
So let me get this straight. Your boss comes up to you and says, would you like an extra $10k, and you say no?

Why in the hell would any sports club reject sponsorship money?
Self respect. Identity. So the jerseys don't look so f**king ugly.

Latest posts