What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

carcharias

Immortal
So it's not a " future NRL stadium"
Ok

It's about $1000.00 at least from Syd to Perth
Taking accom food footy tix etc into consideration
And that's being very generous
Realistically ?...$1500..,you'd go for the weekend

Or watch on Tv for nothin?
Majority would not be f**ked going that far for SOO.
Qld v NSW in WA

Pffftt
Might sort of work once

Perth Red

Post Whore
You'd be surprised, Melbourne was packed last year with interstate visitors and the plane I was on from WA had plenty of fans displaying their allegiances. It is not unusual for sports fans to spend that much going to a one off event, some of us have spent a lot more! You should try getting a Melbourne hotel on Grand Prix weekend! It is unlikely we would host it more than once every 10 years so the novelty factor is hardly likely to wear off!

And yes, it is a future stadium that may host NRL events. Hence the relevance to the thread.

Last Week

Bench
It'd work in Perth. Wouldn't need a big amount of people coming from NSW and Qld. It's an event and would draw a crowd based on that.

carcharias

Immortal
You'd be surprised, Melbourne was packed last year with interstate visitors and the plane I was on from WA had plenty of fans displaying their allegiances. It is not unusual for sports fans to spend that much going to a one off event, some of us have spent a lot more! You should try getting a Melbourne hotel on Grand Prix weekend! It is unlikely we would host it more than once every 10 years so the novelty factor is hardly likely to wear off!

And yes, it is a future stadium that may host NRL events. Hence the relevance to the thread.

Hang on
All you have crapped on about for the last 50 pages is how they need specifically built NRL stadiums
That have a roof , heated seats with handbag holders etc
This joint is not

And a flight to Melb is nothing from Syd
I've done it many times

There is no way on earth you'd get the same numbers travel from the east coast
to Perth as you would to Melb

No way.

Like I said it might work once

Last edited:

BuffaloRules

Coach
If the WA govt want to outbid the VIC govt for the game, I dont have a problem.

I agree that you won't get as many people from NSW and QLD heading over for the game compared to Melbourne.

alien

Referee
they should keep the state of origin matches in nsw and qld, but perth and melbourne should have some of the test matches

pHyR3

Juniors
Hang on
All you have crapped on about for the last 50 pages is how they need specifically built NRL stadiums
That have a roof , heated seats with handbag holders etc
This joint is not

And a flight to Melb is nothing from Syd
I've done it many times

There is no way on earth you'd get the same numbers travel from the east coast
to Perth as you would to Melb

No way.

Like I said it might work once

unless Perth has a 100k stadium you dont NEED the same numbers travelling.

im not 100% sure on their stadium situation/plans for the future. but SOO pulled 90-95k in melbourne, i dont see any reason it couldnt pull 40-45k perth say for a 50k stadium

carcharias

Immortal

im not 100% sure on their stadium situation/plans for the future. but SOO pulled 90-95k in melbourne, i dont see any reason it couldnt pull 40-45k perth say for a 50k stadium

That would make it the worst SOO crowd numbers in 20 years.

Panfas

Juniors

Capacity will be 60k, and SOO will sell out no question

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Dont get too excited...

Parra is the first stadium getting a debuild (i think they start at the end of this year) and they wont begin the ANZ/SFS work until that is done (i think the time frame for Parra was 2 years.)

They can keep dealing over the ANZ v SFS for a while yet before it would begin to cut into the timeframe for completion.

214Four

Juniors
I think that part of the $1.5Billion the NSW gov is going to spend on stadia should go towards finishing newcastles hunter stadium. at the moment it looks embarressing, its a 80% completed job. to finish it off the two ends are to be covered in seats in a single tier (the 2022 world cup proposal had the side grandstands full wrap around).

it shouldnt cost too much. the western stand with all the corporate, player and media facilities cost $80 million (was suppose to cost $60m) so to complete the ends you wouldnt expect it to cost anymore than $20m-$30m.

i did some photoshopping to show what the ends would look like once completed.

25143923212_11f8f079ed_b.jpg

POPEYE

Coach
While the stadium is being built Parra could play more games in the bush, Mudgee could sell supporters some good wine . . . a win win

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I think that part of the $1.5Billion the NSW gov is going to spend on stadia should go towards finishing newcastles hunter stadium. at the moment it looks embarressing, its a 80% completed job. to finish it off the two ends are to be covered in seats in a single tier (the 2022 world cup proposal had the side grandstands full wrap around).

it shouldnt cost too much. the western stand with all the corporate, player and media facilities cost $80 million (was suppose to cost $60m) so to complete the ends you wouldnt expect it to cost anymore than $20m-$30m.

i did some photoshopping to show what the ends would look like once completed.

25143923212_11f8f079ed_b.jpg

With the enclosed end to keep the sound in and give the field an ominous cathedral feel, i think it would challenge AAMI and Suncorp for the best atmosphere.

T.S Quint

Coach
While the stadium is being built Parra could play more games in the bush, Mudgee could sell supporters some good wine . . . a win win

Or an even better idea...we could not, and just stay and play in Sydney.

Works for me.

Latest posts