What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Crippler

Juniors
D1GjfRlUwAA8U50

D1GmW1fVAAAJwU_

Absolutely brilliant views even in shittest seats.

The equivalent behind post seat an ANZ would be about 25 metres further back and a metre or so lower.

in 2005 grand final i sat behind posts to left side. I had no idea what happened with benji fllick pass until i saw the replay due to how far back the seats were from dead ball line. Thanks AFL and Labor party for allowing that.

unforgiven

Bench
in 2005 grand final i sat behind posts to left side. I had no idea what happened with benji fllick pass until i saw the replay due to how far back the seats were from dead ball line. Thanks AFL and Labor party for allowing that.
Yeah I was behind the goalpost with Benji running away from where I was seated and had no idea with how Pat ended up with the ball. Though to be fair that ball was that good the commentators didn't pick it up until the replay either.

magpie_man

Juniors
You’d need to calculate the long term financial benefits of the ANZ redevelopment.

Given it’s unlikely to have a club mode, are the benefits really that great? How many more tickets will the game sell?

You could potentially get a significant figure for the NRL grand final, I doubt the extra ticket sales for bulldogs/Souths games could make up that money.

I honestly think the direct sale of the Grand Final would bring in more financial rewards for the NRL, especially given the bulldogs & Souths have other stadium options.

You'd imagine that a fully modernised & rectangularised ~75k-seat ANZ Stadium would be the first choice for visiting NFL/EPL/La Liga clubs.
The MCG is garbage for rectangular codes; I'm not sure about the Adelaide or Perth grounds.

axl rose

Bench
Absolutely brilliant views even in shittest seats.

The equivalent behind post seat an ANZ would be about 25 metres further back and a metre or so lower.
The only one worse was the other ANZ stadium/QSAC the Broncos played at. Though as the Tigers got 50 put on them regularly there it was a blessing.

You'd imagine that a fully modernised & rectangularised ~75k-seat ANZ Stadium would be the first choice for visiting NFL/EPL/La Liga clubs.
The MCG is garbage for rectangular codes; I'm not sure about the Adelaide or Perth grounds.

There’s definitely benefits to Sydney, I was looking at the NRL’s benefits. I’m not sure they’re that great for ANZ tbh.

Sydney FC CEO confirming there is a two mode system for the new Allianz, but not necessarily the curtain?

Not sure exactly how this would work. To me the blocking off of the excess seats is integral.

I presume the members will sit lower in the new stadium, though. Which will improve the atmosphere with more people in the bottom bowl.

franklin2323

Immortal
I can't see much wrong with his article. He's put forward both sides of the argument, and mostly advocating for a rebuild.

The reason the SFS has become a political battle is because:
- the powerful individuals on the trust have convinced Ayres and Gladys to prioritise it ahead of Olympic Park
- they insisted that it become the major football venue in Sydney once again, originally tabling plans for 65k capacity, building on adjacent public lands, in an area that cannot sustain such numbers.
- such a venue would be unsuitable for 99% of its use. even if roosters, waratahs & FC did get a lift in attendance numbers, it would not come close to 60-65k each week.

there has been misstep after misstep, and the powerful have been behind it, and the govt ministers have tried to back it to shore up their own futures, whether it's in or out of govt. the electorate have pushed back.

parra never received this electorate revolt because the plans were realistic, suitable for its purpose, and didn't involve a bunch of empire building 70yo rich old farts dictating what the Sydney & NSW should do with government land. We all know that we could continue to attend football at SFS, and still enjoy the experience with excellent sight lines and a decent atmosphere no matter the crowd number. The major stadium at Olympic Park needed to be renovated first.

Exactly SCG trust and Gov bending over to them are too blame here

horrie hastings

First Grade
SCG turf badly ripped up after the Waratahs match tonight, doesn't stand well for the Roosters vs South's first round game this coming Friday and the rest of the season, have this to look forward to for a few years while we wait for the redevelopment of the SFS site.

SCG turf badly ripped up after the Waratahs match tonight, doesn't stand well for the Roosters vs South's first round game this coming Friday and the rest of the season, have this to look forward to for a few years while we wait for the redevelopment of the SFS site.

Not great, but typically RU does more damage with scrums/rucks/mauls than rugby league does.

Should’ve the roosters taken more games to central coast or perhaps BankWest?

horrie hastings

First Grade
Not great, but typically RU does more damage with scrums/rucks/mauls than rugby league does.

Should’ve the roosters taken more games to central coast or perhaps BankWest?

Considering there is going to be either a rugby league game or AFL game on every weekend just about at the SCG from now till September the turf is going to be in constant need of repair week in week out. Yes maybe the Roosters should have taken a few more games to Gosford but they wanted to keep as many games as possible in their spiritual home of Moore Park.

beave

Coach
The year that this stunner opens all the nrl needs to do is schedule every Cows game for Saturday and Townsville will have a year of sell outs

I think we’ll average very high teens and sell outs for a few of the bigger games. The big game changer is after the game though, the nightlife precinct is on it’s door step and if they manage the traffic properly, hopefully the cars and people will be able to leave in a timely manner to head back to the ‘burbs. 1300’s is a nightmare to get out of if you travel there by car, the single lane road out the front just cant handle the traffic.